UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pudz beat McCorkle today

9/28/13 8:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KSW, apparently they had a rematch today and Mariusz won when McCorkle didnt answer the bell going into the 3rd

Damn I really like McCorkle, hopefully he gets back to it shortly and gets back in the W column Phone Post
9/28/13 8:17 PM
pennviachoke
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damnit Phone Post
9/28/13 8:26 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mariusz Pudzianowski Beats Sean McCorkle in Rematch at KSW 24

9/28/13 8:33 PM
FOTN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently it was only a two round fight so he didn't retire on his stool as was initially reported, but nevertheless - embarassing stuff.

When you can't beat Pudz it's time to hang up the gloves.
9/28/13 8:47 PM
CavRyda
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"he refused to answer the bell for the third round, handing Pudzianowski his sixth MMA win in 10 fights.

It should be remembered, however, that most of those wins have been against cans such as Bob Sapp—a man notorious for throwing fights—and Christos Piliafas, a nobody."

Are they saying this fight was fixed or he was a nobody?

9/28/13 9:04 PM
JayBRO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -  KSW, apparently they had a rematch today and Mariusz won when McCorkle didnt answer the bell going into the 3rd

Damn I really like McCorkle, hopefully he gets back to it shortly and gets back in the W column Phone Post

I call bullshit, nobody "really likes" McCorkle
9/28/13 9:10 PM
Mulletron5000
1376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope McCorkle refused to answer the bell out of principal for some shenanigans that went on. After the Thompson fight, I don't trust that org. Phone Post
9/28/13 9:13 PM
Mulletron5000
1376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I just read the article. Says McCorkle was in bad shape and gassed early. Also says he wants a rubber match. Phone Post
9/28/13 9:15 PM
FOTN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I said earlier, it was only a two round fight - clearly one media source got it wrong that he quit on the stool and then others have just copied that.
9/28/13 9:15 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
incredibly dubious

Pudz is massive for TV and revenues over there, the loss to Sean in the first fight hurt him. I thought the rematch was odd when it was announced

bear in mind that KSW is so popular it can afford to pay Khalidov $40k; Pudz is worth even more to them
9/28/13 9:17 PM
Blazing Knees

Bullshit. whats going on?

McCockle ia no quitter
9/28/13 9:17 PM
Happiness Bunny
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not 100% sure but I think the stipulation was that if one fighter won the first two rounds it would not go to the third. Pudz did win both rounds.
9/28/13 9:27 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
Happiness Bunny - I'm not 100% sure but I think the stipulation was that if one fighter won the first two rounds it would not go to the third. Pudz did win both rounds.

real MMA then
9/28/13 9:32 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the breakdown I heard Pudz won round 1 but in round 2 he was on top of McCorkle and then Sean swept Pudz with a kimura sweep and was on top. I am unsure the duration of who was on top longer, but sounds like Sean was still in the fight rd 2 and was a victim of gas, or a master of marketing for a rubber match.

9/28/13 9:48 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Phone Post 3.0
9/28/13 10:07 PM
danggook
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JayBRO -
Brigham -  KSW, apparently they had a rematch today and Mariusz won when McCorkle didnt answer the bell going into the 3rd

I call bullshit, nobody "really likes" McCorkle
I wish no specific ill upon him Phone Post
9/28/13 10:10 PM
fraz1001
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmmmmmm Phone Post 3.0
9/28/13 10:13 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to see this fight.

9/28/13 10:19 PM
likatiga
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First to go purple was always going to lose this fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/28/13 10:21 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRXC - Pudz didn't fight good fighters at the beginning of his career but who does, especially guys who don't start training in combat sports until their mid-thirties? But beating Sean McCorkle is not some fluke. The guy might not be top 10, but he is a top 50 Heavyweight on the planet, that isn't someone you bump into strolling to the corner store.

I say good for Pudz, he is clearly taking his MMA training seriously and it shows he really respects the sport. He could've had a much easier career path than he is giving himself.
This Phone Post
9/28/13 10:34 PM
stevekt
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pudz vs McCorkle III will break all MMA records. Phone Post
9/28/13 10:49 PM
Neil McCauley

Fox censored my Chael screen name - 

From the breakdown I heard Pudz won round 1 but in round 2 he was on top of McCorkle and then Sean swept Pudz with a kimura sweep and was on top. I am unsure the duration of who was on top longer, but sounds like Sean was still in the fight rd 2 and was a victim of gas, or a master of marketing for a rubber match.

sean just layed on top getting hammer fisted from pudz on the bottom. It looked like he was bordering on giving up from the strikes/exhaustion. Pudz deserved the second round too.
9/28/13 10:54 PM
Dougie
993 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF?! McCrinkle don't job! I smell a fix! Where is Wes Simms to solve this mystery?!
9/28/13 11:13 PM
edock02
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i cant believe mcCorkle gassed before Pudz
9/28/13 11:24 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was no 3rd round, it was a decision. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.