UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ronda rousey responds to her haters

9/29/13 8:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneSidedWar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see a Rampage-esque type emotional break-down via Monster truck coming soon...

9/29/13 8:58 AM
OneSidedWar

Rox19 - 
Leigh -  Well, she went very quickly from:

"Wow this Ronda Rousey is very good! And she's cute!"

*then cue interviews as she becomes popular, where she abuses and ridicules people*

To

"She needs to shut up."

Its going to take it's toll on anyone. We've seen it with professional wrestlers, who are paid to stir up and take fan abuse.

Not saying she hasn't brought it on herself but she probably saw the popularity success Chael Sonnen was having and gave it a go. IMHO she should be more like Gina Carano. She is going to get haters anyway, don't give them fuel. Phone Post

Man, this sucks. She's actually really cool, and now people hate her. :(

Roxy- I don't think people quite hate her as much as they are confused by her antics. I think it seems to most fans that she's *ALWAYS* in a confrontation-limbo... I still like Rousey...she's a nasty fighter & I like that alot. That being said, Dana was right- she'll learn sooner then later. I hope.
9/29/13 9:07 AM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 -
Leigh -  Well, she went very quickly from:

*then cue interviews as she becomes popular, where she abuses and ridicules people*

To

"She needs to shut up."

Its going to take it's toll on anyone. We've seen it with professional wrestlers, who are paid to stir up and take fan abuse.

Not saying she hasn't brought it on herself but she probably saw the popularity success Chael Sonnen was having and gave it a go. IMHO she should be more like Gina Carano. She is going to get haters anyway, don't give them fuel. Phone Post

You're probably right, I wouldn't know. She was already an Olympic medalist but in MMA, she became very big very quickly and I think she struggled to keep up with the pace. Not as fighter, as she's wrecked everyone, but with regards to media. Phone Post
9/29/13 9:25 AM
Malvert the Janitor
847 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 9:40 AM
MVP131

MRXC - Poor girl. I feel sad for her too. She lives her life in a perpetual youtube comment section argument. Not everything has to be a confrontation. People are allowed to have different opinions of people.

She strikes me as the type of person who could never admit their wrong or say they're sorry, even if the situation warranted it. If she hit your kid in the crosswalk with her car she'd yell at the kid for denting the car and threaten to beat you until you're a better parent.

Everything with Rousey has to be escalated to a 10. Its a shame, she's a hell of a talent, rocks for brains.
This. Phone Post
9/29/13 10:02 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Leigh - Well, she went very quickly from:

To

"She needs to shut up."

Her issue is, Sonnen is hilarious Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 10:06 AM
JOESONDO
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more she admits it gets to her the more it will happen. She's showing a weakness that people will exploit. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 10:07 AM
GnP Sonnen

Good god.. Phone Post
9/29/13 10:13 AM
Tilla

RR = Dun goofed.
9/29/13 10:15 AM
Kneeblock
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tt Phone Post
9/29/13 10:56 AM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a pretty old video.

I'm a honda fan I'll admit. But ya she is just passionate about everything she does that's all.

Nothing wrong with that. If I had someone working for me I would rather that 10 times over than someone who didn't care. And her passion is why she's the champ. She'll grow thicker skin as she gets older but in don't see her doing anything super crazy beyond passion anyhow.

She's probably grown way more tolerant now than when that was shot 2 years ago nearly I think? Phone Post
9/29/13 10:57 AM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - Wow
"I won't hit you"

Lo fucking l does she really think anyone is afraid of her hahahahajajaja holy shit she is buying into her own hype wkw Phone Post 3.0
Unless you trane you should be if she's gonna hit you =p

Lol I'm 6'5 about 220 and I wouldn't want to get hit in the face from any ufc fighter. Phone Post
9/29/13 11:15 AM
BuddyRevell
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/13 12:04 PM
Rox19 - 

I can't say I hate her, Roxy, since I don't know her personally like you do. I will say that she lost me as a fan long before her bully-like antics on TUF. I'd say it was when she disrespected all those families in Newtown whose children were brutally murdered: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1489061-ronda-rouseys-sandy-hook-tweet-should-be-last-straw-for-ufc

9/29/13 11:37 AM
mm370
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's assuming I would pay to be at one of her fights Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 12:09 PM
brody3316
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O'Doyle Rules! Phone Post
9/29/13 12:11 PM
BuddyRevell
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brody3316 -  O'Doyle Rules! Phone Post

VU for Billy Madison reference haha!

9/29/13 12:17 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yea Id still hit it.....
Wait....whats this thread about? Phone Post
9/29/13 12:18 PM
SilverSpoon1996

She is not lying that she wont hit you.. she does not really like to strike... she rather just be very one dimensional and boring.
9/29/13 12:18 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do think that Ronda should fall back on the over saturation for a bit but I definitely appreciate her skills.
9/29/13 12:21 PM
Kim Jong Uno
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda's a human being, and one that may have a little growing up to do like all of us did in our mid 20s.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt until she does something actually shitty, like fake-taps, fake-glove-touches,hanging on to submissions after the tap, domestic abuse, assault and battery on civilians, drunk-driving, etc.
9/29/13 12:22 PM
theFLYnTACO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surely she's tempting some tool to make good on this...only to give him a front kick to the ball sac. Phone Post
9/29/13 12:23 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theFLYnTACO -  Surely she's tempting some tool to make good on this...only to give him a front kick to the ball sac. Phone Post

I would tell Ronda to "Let me bang bro". Hopefully, she will be chill and take me up on the offer.
9/29/13 12:36 PM
mshagger
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Her voice sounds like chynas... Phone Post
9/29/13 12:47 PM
CaptChaos
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/13 1:16 PM
Thoughts on Ronda... We met her (briefly) at the Newark show. She was signing autographs and taking pics with fans. She was very cool and friendly. She's also better looking in person. I like Ronda and what she has done for women's mma. Sometimes however I don't like the Bully attitude. Edmond seems like a real prick to be honest. <br /><br />The Caraway incident... Yes he said something stupid and out if line a while ago. I believe he said he would knock Ronda's teeth down her throat. That was waaaay out of line. Now Caraway apologized. My question is what is the status of that apology? This is what bothers me a little about you Ronda. If you don't accept his apology that is fine. That's your choice. If you accept his apology then that incident should be dropped. Caraway... you should not be apologizing over and over. You apologize once (sincerely) and that's it. If Ronda doesn't think his apology was sincere then IMO that should be said. If she does think it was sincere that should be said. What can't keep going on is throwing it in Tate/Caraway's face over and over. You either accept the apology or nor. You're not right or wrong whether you accept or not, but going back and forth over the same stuff and beating a dead horse is what creates the drama and problems. If, after a couple of years, Caraway is unsure whether she accepted the apology or not he may want to speak to her face to face about it. Maybe they can Talk it out. Everything doesn't have to be physical. Keep the physical stuff in the cage. Be a lady and a getleman outside of it. <br /><br />IMO 1 of the definitions of a dick is someone who uses his fighting skill to try to dominate or control the other person. Look the President of the US probably can't fight out of a wet paper bag but he's the most powerful human being on the planet. It's not about who can beat who up.<br /><br />IMO This is what I don't like about Ronda And Edmond. Edmond if you don't accept Caraway's apology fine but don't keep jawing at him. That's being a bully. IMO if people have to "act tough" in AND out if the cage it's an obvious sign of insecurity. <br /><br />With that said I still like Ronda a lot. She changed women's mma forever. But be nice Ronda. People like nice people. Yeah you will always have fans that love the ruthless competitive side if you but most will love you even more if you were kinder. I have a strong feeling you're a real sweetheart deep down inside. It would be very attractive if more of us saw That side of you! <br /><br />Your Mom is a pretty inspirational person. I would love to have that type of person training me and pushing me. She's no nonsense and doesn't put up with excuses, but as good as you both are with your competitive spirit there seems to be a lack of balance. By that I mean your ability or lack of ability to turn it off. As good as you both are at being driven and dedicated and successful IMO you both still need to balance it a little better. Your Mom posted something about TUF and it came across as Angry. That's just my thoughts as a fan and observer!<br /><br />My heart was beating so fast when Ronda and Meisha fought the 1st time. The build up was incredible. The rematch will be even more exciting. I don't feel that way about many fights but I have and will about your fight. If I had 1 criticism it's what I mentioned above. <br /><br />I like both you And Meisha. You're both beautiful, successful, special women. I hope in the end the 2 of you hug it out. It will happen 1 day. You both have so much in common. That would be cool to see!
9/29/13 12:47 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Wait, a bunch of opinionated, closeted nerds growing a pair of balls and seeing things from a mature perspective while NOT hugging Zuffa's nuts?

Sorry Ronda, it'll never happen, especially here on the UG. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.