UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> In 2 Days DOMINICK CRUZ........

9/30/13 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - He'll be back stronger than ever. He is completely healed. I'm in touch with him daily and his training is going better than ever.

He's going to surprise a lot of people when he returns. Phone Post 3.0

That's good to hear. Hate it when young guys get their careers screwed up by injuries. Tell him the fans hope he is 100%
9/30/13 4:09 PM
Haulport

bileye - 
Haulport - FYI: GSP was out 19 months with his knee injury (it seemed like he was being over cautious to me - but that may just be me)
Gsp wasn't out 19 months. Knee injured Dec 2011. Fought condit November 2012 Phone Post 3.0

He didn't fight for 19 months. That's how long he was out.
9/30/13 4:28 PM
Johan Von Brügermëister

Shinsplint - Love Cruz but bArao has defended more times has he not? I think he should be given the title to allow Cruz a warmup fight when he returns. Phone Post 3.0
Not if you count the wec belt. Which I do. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 4:34 PM
Winston Wolf
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao is a beast and IMO very underated
9/30/13 4:40 PM
caposa
1575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it's truly costing Barao as much money as Pederneiras is saying, it's time to give him the real belt. Let Cruz get a crack at the title whenever he returns.

9/30/13 4:42 PM
allforroy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for the fight. Who the hell else is Barao going to fight? As far as not stripping him, it's not that big of a deal. Cruz has been very visible and is a company guy...goes a long way with Dana, etc. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 4:47 PM
BRZ

CowboysStuntDouble -
BRZ - Cruz last fight was on the day my daughter was born. Phone Post 3.0
Now for the real question, did you watch the fight or the birth of your daughter? Phone Post 3.0
Well she was born at 1:18 am. That's wasn't the problem the hospital did have the channel the fight was on. I was too excited about my new born to leave the hospital to go home and watch so I kept in touch with the UG for updates. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 5:30 PM
Haulport

Cutman - 
Winston Wolf - Barao is a beast and IMO very underated

so is Cruz in my opinion.
Gonna be a crazy fight.

I don't think it is fair for Dom to fight Barao after 2+ years on the shelf as his first fight back. It's actually retarded imo.
9/30/13 6:35 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
Cutman - 

Gonna be a crazy fight.

I don't think it is fair for Dom to fight Barao after 2+ years on the shelf as his first fight back. It's actually retarded imo.
On the other hand, if he fights a tune up fight, and loses, he loses a lot more cred than losing to Barao. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 6:48 PM
Chromium
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shinsplint - Love Cruz but bArao has defended more times has he not? I think he should be given the title to allow Cruz a warmup fight when he returns. Phone Post 3.0

They've both defended the UFC belt twice. If you include WEC then Cruz has 4 defenses. He was a fairly dominant champion.

That being said it's crazy he hasn't been stripped yet. The UFC really needs to put in place some sort of official standards for this in the future, even lax ones.

How about:

"If a Champion is not able to defend their their belt by the first appropriate event after two years from their last defense, the Interim Champion will be promoted. The promotion of the Interim Champion will happen as soon as the UFC determines that it is not possible for the Champion to make the deadline, not on the deadline itself."

So basically in Dominick Cruz's case the first appropriate defense would be the next Fight Night at October 9th, whereas a belt in Welterweight - Heavyweight would be the next PPV on October 16th. The UFC would have known for sure that Dominick Cruz would have been unable to make those dates by sometime in July at the latest so he would have been stripped then, and Barao would have been promoted ahead of his fight with Eddie Wineland.

10/2/13 11:46 PM
Haulport

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - 
Haulport -
Cutman - 

Gonna be a crazy fight.

On the other hand, if he fights a tune up fight, and loses, he loses a lot more cred than losing to Barao. Phone Post 3.0

If he loses a tune up fight than he wouldn't have belonged in a championship fight...
10/3/13 5:15 PM
Haulport

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.