UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My fighter friend Celine in trouble! :( pls help

10/1/13 1:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Roxy :-)
10/1/13 3:36 AM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw -
Kirik - 

This is one of many reasons why this sport needs regulation everywhere. It is unconscionable that Jewels is not picking up the costs for an injury sustained in a fight.

+1

+2 Phone Post
10/1/13 3:38 AM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Real question here...

Unpaid medical bills will not follow here to Norway. Why doesn't she just leave Japan with then unpaid? Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 3:46 AM
GenghisKwan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donated

All the best Celine, I hope you never lose ur spirit Phone Post
10/1/13 5:49 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GreatCornholio - 
Rox19 -
Bellator Fan - No one should be fighting or training without insurance of their own. Phone Post 3.0

You're telling me! Before I moved from Japan back to the US, I applied for American insurance and was DENIED because of my record of examinations from fighting. :( Now I have no insurance and it freaks me the hell out.....
For better or worse shouldn't you now be able to get coverage under Obamacare? Phone Post 3.0

i thought the USA had just closed for business this AM.

10/1/13 5:50 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a curious question...

Who here lives outside the USA and does not have free medical coverage from their state/province/country ect...

10/1/13 6:35 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Elbe - Real question here...

Unpaid medical bills will not follow here to Norway. Why doesn't she just leave Japan with then unpaid? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure but even if Haga stops fighting, she's still half-Japanese and presumably has family in Japan. It might still be an issue for her.

10/1/13 6:58 AM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not paying a medical bill is unsecured debt...not a crime where you can be thrown in prison. They can not prevent you from entering or leaving the country either. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 7:00 AM
Phyrro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SD CARTEL - I was/am very impressed by the human being that Rox is. This level of coolness existed way before the show and was translated over the years via her posts here. Thus I must help her friend. Phone Post 3.0

This^^
I couldn't chip in that much but every little bit adds up. Hope yer friend hits her target.
10/1/13 7:38 AM
FABombDropper

time traveling 12er - Ok so according to you MMA fighting is a brutal sport in which a crushed orbital and detached retna is a totally expected result. In fact it's almost laughably irresponsible for fighters to not expect this outcome. The whole thing is not so different then just running an atv off a cliff. Then you go expect insurance companies to just give out insurance to these people for a reasonable rate? Lol. If you're going to argue that the sport is that dangerous, how can you then argue that getting insurance for that same dangerous sport be a trivial matter?
Whoa there genius.

UFC 165...
6 60 day medical suspensions.
3 30 day medical suspensions.
All the rest, 14 days precautionary.

I'm going to guess 100% of the fighters were seen by a doctor afterwards to be safe. As a person, taking care of yourself, you should be prepared to take care of yourself after a fight.

Please, tunnel vision on the probability of the specific injury to make your case. Sorry the quad analogy escaped you, however, I'm not really surprised at this point. But, to back you up, no, driving a quad and fighting are not the same thing. You really showed me. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 8:37 AM
Fight! UK Online
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, met Celine in Sweden with Hellboy a few years ago and she was cool. Shame that has happened. Will definitely donate later!

10/1/13 8:47 AM
OneSidedWar

TTT for Celine & Roxy! Phone Post
10/1/13 9:18 AM
Shogun of Harlem
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Elbe - Not paying a medical bill is unsecured debt...not a crime where you can be thrown in prison. They can not prevent you from entering or leaving the country either. Phone Post 3.0

I think she mentioned that she cannot fly with her orbital bone broken. It may have to do with the altitude and air pressure. I am not a doctor, though.
10/1/13 9:38 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

mendelson - Why are we not publicly shaming the promoter? What is the number to reach him/ her? What is the email address? Let's give this slime all the OG treatment in a ferocious way!! Phone Post 3.0
Japanese promotions are notorious for keeping their contact info hidden.

Will donate when ican. Jewels need to be shamed for this. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 10:48 AM
Ray Elbe

Shogun of Harlem -
Ray Elbe - Not paying a medical bill is unsecured debt...not a crime where you can be thrown in prison. They can not prevent you from entering or leaving the country either. Phone Post 3.0

I think she mentioned that she cannot fly with her orbital bone broken. It may have to do with the altitude and air pressure. I am not a doctor, though.
Having suffered a shattered orbital bone the pressure change is the exact reason she can't fly, however that is temporary Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 12:55 PM
Yussarian
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

This is one of many reasons why this sport needs regulation everywhere. It is unconscionable that Jewels is not picking up the costs for an injury sustained in a fight.

10/1/13 2:37 PM
Mrchopzz

Ahh that sucks
10/1/13 2:45 PM
Dougie
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why promotions have health insurance...or should.
10/1/13 6:18 PM
devils advocate

Edited: 10/01/13 6:20 PM

donated

that's a pretty fucked up irony - if she could fly back to norway she would be covered by universal insurance there for the surgery no

why is it so bad to fly with a broken orbital?

10/1/13 6:27 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

devils advocate - 

donated

that's a pretty fucked up irony - if she could fly back to norway she would be covered by universal insurance there for the surgery no

I think it has to do with the pressure changes.
10/1/13 6:29 PM
devils advocate

time traveling 12er - 
devils advocate - 

donated

what's the worst that can happen?

10/1/13 6:43 PM
Shogun of Harlem
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

devils advocate - 
time traveling 12er - 
devils advocate - 

donated

what's the worst that can happen?

Damage it beyond repair maybe?

I don't know this injury effects the eye, but I do know that Lasik surgery wasn't approved for Naval Aviators because of the chance of having a small pocket of air around the eye. Most cockpits pressurize to 5,000 MSL, meaning when you fly to 35,000 the pressure inside the aircraft is 5,000. That is a significant change.

Again, I am not a doctor, but I am a Naval Aviator who had eye surgery (PRK, not Lasik).
10/1/13 6:53 PM
soliak
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Celine know that the organisation did not cover medical expenses when she took the fight? Is this simply a matter of the organisation not helping out?

10/1/13 9:09 PM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I checked and it turns out that jewels is under no legal obligation to provide medical expenses. She would have signed waivers. :( so it'd do no good to bother jewels. She's screwed.
10/1/13 10:01 PM
Blazing Knees

I don't think there's much any of us can do, as much of a shame as it is. Is there no other way to get there?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.