UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My fighter friend Celine in trouble! :( pls help

10/1/13 11:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any update on her condition?

10/2/13 12:32 AM
murphy365
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd give her the d...onation, I gave a few dollars; and hope that weak joke makes someone smile at least. (Maybe it wasn't meant to be a joke at first OK.) Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 12:33 AM
Feelz Good

This thread, right now, has 17,577 views. If all those views translated to $1, this would be done. If people who have viewed this all donated $10, we'd be well over the goal by now. This is both inspiring (in effort) and pathetic in response. The total is only $3,126. We shouldn't have to do this, but we do, and easily can. If you can spare $5, do it now. I hate the WMMA fighter nuthuggers, but if this were a male fighter in an org we'd even heard of (we've all heard of Jewels), this would be done by now.

Thanks Roxanne, I did more than most, but all I could. This happening is a travesty, they should pay her medical expenses. The fact that UG's response is so minimal disappoints me, but at least you did something, and some of us responded. Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 12:40 AM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to make clarify this insurance thing for those who may not know how the healthcare system works in places like Norway:

State healthcare is free, a doctor's visit is the equivalent of a few dollars from where you get the appropriate care, be it a couple of stitches or a big operation. So it is not really a universal health insurance, it is simply free.

Everybody chooses to get personal insurance anyway of course, to cover stuff like disability, not being able to work anymore, death and so on, stuff that gives you problems still when you have left the hospital but I would assume that is much cheaper than an insurance that would have to cover the medical costs.

But as you get a normal insurance high-risk activities are excluded, that is counted as for example base jumping, rugby, martial arts competitions with full contact and various extreme sports.

I'm sure you could get insurance that covers an MMA fight but then you would have to sit down with the insurance company and negotiate something, hammer something out. It would be a process and it would probably be costly.
10/2/13 1:15 AM
Feelz Good

per - Just to make clarify this insurance thing for those who may not know how the healthcare system works in places like Norway:

State healthcare is free, a doctor's visit is the equivalent of a few dollars from where you get the appropriate care, be it a couple of stitches or a big operation. So it is not really a universal health insurance, it is simply free.

Everybody chooses to get personal insurance anyway of course, to cover stuff like disability, not being able to work anymore, death and so on, stuff that gives you problems still when you have left the hospital but I would assume that is much cheaper than an insurance that would have to cover the medical costs.

But as you get a normal insurance high-risk activities are excluded, that is counted as for example base jumping, rugby, martial arts competitions with full contact and various extreme sports.

I'm sure you could get insurance that covers an MMA fight but then you would have to sit down with the insurance company and negotiate something, hammer something out. It would be a process and it would probably be costly.
And when medical treatment is required in Japan? Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 3:00 AM
Feelz Good

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie -
Feelz Good - This thread, right now, has 17,577 views. If all those views translated to $1, this would be done. If people who have viewed this all donated $10, we'd be well over the goal by now. This is both inspiring (in effort) and pathetic in response. The total is only $3,126. We shouldn't have to do this, but we do, and easily can. If you can spare $5, do it now. I hate the WMMA fighter nuthuggers, but if this were a male fighter in an org we'd even heard of (we've all heard of Jewels), this would be done by now.

Thanks Roxanne, I did more than most, but all I could. This happening is a travesty, they should pay her medical expenses. The fact that UG's response is so minimal disappoints me, but at least you did something, and some of us responded. Phone Post 3.0
Fuck you saying it's pathetic.

We aren't responsible Phone Post 3.0
Yep , we aren't responsible. Yet the response from MMA fans towards male MMA fighters is greater. Hell, it doesn't even have to be for fighters. If male MMA fighters ask for charitable donations to anything, it's done without question.. Good job though, debate the issue, when you could just donate $1 and shut up instead. I guess we know where you stand. Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 4:02 AM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there better causes? Yes. I'm sure there's some starving child in Africa. Are you personally donating to those causes? Yes? Good for you. No? Then shut the fuck up about them. Why bring up other causes if you're not going to donate to either. You're just thread shitting someone asking for help.

Besides who goes around thinking like that every time they're being asked for help? It's stupid bullshit thing to do. Just say no and move on. Someone on the street asks for change, you don't yell at them about being fiscally responsible and try to convince everyone else not to help. When your buddy asks you to help him move you don't say "hey I bet some orphanage needs my truck more". Don't sit there and chastise them for a situation you may not understand.

Calling any fighter idiotic or insinuating they're a candidate for the Darwin Awards because they chose to fight without insurance is a fucked up thing to do. I don't know if people have noticed but even for regular people, health insurance is hard to get and expensive. Ray Elbe posted that the UFC was the only time he was ever insured for a fight. You going to tell him he's an idiot? Bellator, the #2 org out there insures zero fighters.

This is a person that ended up with a rare injury that has forced her into a bad position. She's asking for the fight community for help. That's it. She's not saying she's more important than starving children or puppies with aids. It's a bullshit thing to do to come in here and call her an idiot for not having insurance without even knowing if it was feasible or possible, and also ignore the fact that almost any other injury would have left her ok.
10/2/13 4:03 AM
xx72novaxx

i donated last night but was having trouble logging on here... Get well soon and thanks for the wars.
10/2/13 4:23 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feelz Good - This thread, right now, has 17,577 views. If all those views translated to $1, this would be done. If people who have viewed this all donated $10, we'd be well over the goal by now. This is both inspiring (in effort) and pathetic in response. The total is only $3,126. We shouldn't have to do this, but we do, and easily can. If you can spare $5, do it now. I hate the WMMA fighter nuthuggers, but if this were a male fighter in an org we'd even heard of (we've all heard of Jewels), this would be done by now.

To be fair, 17,577 views != 17,577 people viewing. I donated $10 and have checked the thread at least 10 times. So far $3000 isn't a bad turnout.

When Haga is healthier, maybe Invicta can give her a prelim booking. I'd heard of Celine Haga because after having been basically a professional can she went on a win streak and started beating up people at Atomweight including former world #1 Naho Sugiyama, much to Jewel's dismay. So here was this woman with a 4-11 record who was suddenly ranked in the Top 10 in her division (now 5-12). Her win streak finally ended with the match that led to her injury against Sadae Numata, who apparently won on the judging criteria of being Japanese for the entire match.

Invicta wouldn't pay off her debt but she'd have a good time at least and they would never fuck her on medical bills.

10/2/13 7:34 AM
Ray Elbe
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think helping someone in need is one of the things that makes life worth living. It's up to each person to see where their heart leads them to do charity...but I do believe helping someone in need is an admirable cause Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 7:56 AM
Blazing Knees

She can make a down payment with the 3k and make payments right? I can't imagine a medical facility refusing treatment to save someones' eyeball with 3k in thier hands. I would just show up and say 'please help; Most medical professinals don't get in it for the money
10/2/13 8:08 AM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 - I checked and it turns out that jewels is under no legal obligation to provide medical expenses. She would have signed waivers. :( so it'd do no good to bother jewels. She's screwed.
It may "technically" do no good, but you never know. Theoretically, they profit from you guys' (and gals') performances. Even if they aren't obligated, maybe a little pressure would encourage them to attempt to do the right thing. Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 8:10 AM
FABombDropper

time traveling 12er - Are there better causes? Yes. I'm sure there's some starving child in Africa. Are you personally donating to those causes? Yes? Good for you. No? Then shut the fuck up about them. Why bring up other causes if you're not going to donate to either. You're just thread shitting someone asking for help.

Besides who goes around thinking like that every time they're being asked for help? It's stupid bullshit thing to do. Just say no and move on. Someone on the street asks for change, you don't yell at them about being fiscally responsible and try to convince everyone else not to help. When your buddy asks you to help him move you don't say "hey I bet some orphanage needs my truck more". Don't sit there and chastise them for a situation you may not understand.

Calling any fighter idiotic or insinuating they're a candidate for the Darwin Awards because they chose to fight without insurance is a fucked up thing to do. I don't know if people have noticed but even for regular people, health insurance is hard to get and expensive. Ray Elbe posted that the UFC was the only time he was ever insured for a fight. You going to tell him he's an idiot? Bellator, the #2 org out there insures zero fighters.

This is a person that ended up with a rare injury that has forced her into a bad position. She's asking for the fight community for help. That's it. She's not saying she's more important than starving children or puppies with aids. It's a bullshit thing to do to come in here and call her an idiot for not having insurance without even knowing if it was feasible or possible, and also ignore the fact that almost any other injury would have left her ok.
Yes, I just donated a large sum of money to Parkinson's research. My grandfather suffered from it while he was alive. I also donate a large number of items to the Salvation Army on a yearly basis. I volunteer hours of my time in a director position at a large National Non-Profit. Thanks for asking.

And no, giving a Darwin Award to a person that goes into an mms fight without insurance is not "fucked up". Going into an mma fight without proper insurance is fucked up.

And lol at the person who said this is pathetic and "gave more than most". Congrats. At least you weren't looking for recognition and did it out of kindness. Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 10:05 AM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Promoters want fighters to go out there and "put on a show", they should at least cover medical expenses that arise as a result of doing so.

10/2/13 10:40 AM
Ogami Itto
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/2/13 12:42 PM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feelz Good - 
per - Just to make clarify this insurance thing for those who may not know how the healthcare system works in places like Norway:

And when medical treatment is required in Japan? Phone Post 3.0

Well, the Norwegian hospitals are in Norway so in Japan it is the Japanese healthcare system that has to deal with the issue. Since it is outside the Norwegian system it becomes a personal matter/insurance matter for the fighter.

I know Sweden has arrangements with several countries that are popular tourist destinations such as Australia which enables Swedish citizens who are injured or have fallen ill while abroad to have all the necessary treatment in that country and then the hospital simply sends the bill to the Swedish healthcare system, no questions asked. If Norway has similar arrangements I don't know but it seems they at least don't have one with Japan.
10/2/13 8:09 PM
Scratchinmyballs
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donated get well Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 9:11 PM
Blazing Knees

PrisonMattressPuncher - 

Hey guys, I fel on tough times a few years back and now owe $25 000. With all the views on here just $1 per person would wipe my debt clean!

Anyone care to help?

I know it's pathetic, but no.
10/2/13 11:31 PM
MMOZ

What does someone lying about cancer have to do with a recorded injury that was sustained during a fight? I swear that you are bitching about something everytime you post.

10/3/13 12:43 AM
Feelz Good

Doback M3 -
Feelz Good - This thread, right now, has 17,577 views. If all those views translated to $1, this would be done. If people who have viewed this all donated $10, we'd be well over the goal by now. This is both inspiring (in effort) and pathetic in response. The total is only $3,126. We shouldn't have to do this, but we do, and easily can. If you can spare $5, do it now. I hate the WMMA fighter nuthuggers, but if this were a male fighter in an org we'd even heard of (we've all heard of Jewels), this would be done by now.

LOL @ "I did more than most", how modest.  You are a total tool and douchebag.

$3126 is pretty impressive to raise for a fighter who doesnt even post here.

Not to mention a green namer on the OG pretended to have cancer a while ago so im not surprised ppl may be a little hesistant after that.

Go look at the find raising for Matt Grice... Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 1:13 AM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Elbe - 
Letibleu -
Kirik - 

This is one of many reasons why this sport needs regulation everywhere. It is unconscionable that Jewels is not picking up the costs for an injury sustained in a fight.

If a fighter has to leave their country for an event they must make sure they are insured either through the event insurance or through their own. This is also where a good manager would be useful.An event flying in a fighter from Norway but not insuring them for the event is unreal.

In this case hind sight is 20/20, what is done is done.

Pressure needs to be put on the promoter to make things right.

I hope she makes a full recovery. I also hope her bill works out either through the generocity of fans and businesses or through the promotion owning up to its short comings (and making them right).

I have close to $30,000 worth of unpaid medical bills due to my fight career. Total Combat, Rage In The Cage, etc all told me I was "covered" by event insurance...only to have the insurance companies actively look for loop holes not to pay.

In fact my medical bills for TUF 9 are the only medical bills from fighting that a promotion has ever actually paid without letting it go to collections Phone Post 3.0

what about your broken dick?
10/3/13 8:25 AM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens if she gets hurt again? Then what? Just curious.

Hope your friend gets enough donations to cover a good portion of the bill. Good luck! Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 10:45 AM
Chupacabro
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 -
Bellator Fan - No one should be fighting or training without insurance of their own. Phone Post 3.0

You're telling me! Before I moved from Japan back to the US, I applied for American insurance and was DENIED because of my record of examinations from fighting. :( Now I have no insurance and it freaks me the hell out.....
As of yesterday, you can not be denied insurance for anything preexisting. Apply again today. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 10:47 AM
LiveToFightInc
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live To Fight Inc., President/CEO

Wish we could so something but we are a charity for fighters & their loved ones with cancer & other diseases. Hopefully down the road we can expand to cover serious injuries.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. And you're a great friend Roxy, she's lucky to have you! 

10/3/13 10:57 AM
Chupacabro
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins -

if she has an EBT card ill give her $50 for $100

not much but its better than nothing

legit lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.