UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My fighter friend Celine in trouble! :( pls help

10/4/13 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrahamJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very surprised by all of the support, given the American view of healthcare...
10/4/13 1:02 AM
Feelz Good

Roxy,
Thanks for letting us know, I was happy to help out and even mentioned your name as a "thank you" for letting me know. Celine even took the time to reply to me and thank me for my donation. She's ashamed and embarrassed but still so grateful for the help. I get that fans shouldn't have to help out, but we should we can. You did a very nice thing by helping her, thanks. Phone Post 3.0
10/4/13 3:37 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Edited: 10/04/13 3:38 AM
TTT - Best of luck with this
Hopefully the new health care laws in the US make it so fighters can get insurance easier. I know that wouldn't apply to her as she is in Japan but hopefully it will prevent this type of thing happening in the future here.
10/4/13 7:20 AM
blackmonkey

Someone just donated 4 grand
Only 5 to go
let's do this shit
10/4/13 8:02 AM
Bucephalus

TTT

$9661

Awesome.
10/4/13 9:46 AM
Shogun of Harlem
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun of Harlem - 
Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - 
Shogun of Harlem - Averaging about $42 per person. If 324 more people donate, she will have it.

Lets really show the power of the OG.
Let me start by saying nobody wants to see injuries in any sport and I hope this girl heals soon and come back strong but I dislike posts like this which now seen to happen every month.

If people want to donate that's fine but she really should have been more responsible and had herself covered. She knew the risks, now that she has been caught out if she needs help her friends and family should be assisting.

Anyone that feels happy to donate by all means go for it but encouraging people to donate to the cause rubs me the wrong way. Phone Post 3.0

VTFD - if you don't want to or can't - then don't. If you are going to come on here and be negative, then be quiet.

However, if you apologize and admit you are shallow and short sighted - I will donate an additional $10 in your name.

?
10/4/13 10:08 AM
Phil999

Ray Elbe - 
Letibleu -
Kirik - 

This is one of many reasons why this sport needs regulation everywhere. It is unconscionable that Jewels is not picking up the costs for an injury sustained in a fight.

If a fighter has to leave their country for an event they must make sure they are insured either through the event insurance or through their own. This is also where a good manager would be useful.An event flying in a fighter from Norway but not insuring them for the event is unreal.

In this case hind sight is 20/20, what is done is done.

Pressure needs to be put on the promoter to make things right.

I hope she makes a full recovery. I also hope her bill works out either through the generocity of fans and businesses or through the promotion owning up to its short comings (and making them right).

I have close to $30,000 worth of unpaid medical bills due to my fight career. Total Combat, Rage In The Cage, etc all told me I was "covered" by event insurance...only to have the insurance companies actively look for loop holes not to pay.

In fact my medical bills for TUF 9 are the only medical bills from fighting that a promotion has ever actually paid without letting it go to collections Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately that is the norm for insurance companies. When buying insurance tell the broker you want to be insured by a company that has a good track record of paying claims. Buying insurance by the price alone is not the best idea.
10/4/13 10:14 AM
Shogun of Harlem
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - I am sorry but I won't apologise for stating my beliefs. I will also continue to state them without being confrontational at risk of 4000 VD's as this does not influence me in the slightest. Even the OP whom has a relationship with the injured fighter acknowledged that I am entitled to this opinion.

Best I can do is let you know that I do see where yo are coming from and reiterate that this was not a personal attack. Once again it's more a cumulative effect after years of being on this board and also noticing this in normal every day life.

Feel free to donate the extra $10 if you wish but please do not do it for me. I hope this girl is feeling better and from the last update although things aren't 100% she appears to be on the mend. She is also close to the goal so i'm sure she is thankful for what she has received from people such as yourself.

Once again it's more a cumulative effect after years of being on this board and also noticing this in normal every day life.

Your join date is 2012. STFU
10/4/13 10:30 AM
Shogun of Harlem

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - I expected a childish response even though i took the time to explain myself.

Been here since 06/07 though but now i'll probably be labeled a TUF noob instead. Oh no the horror.

Nope, just calling you out on your lies and bs, but going to leave it right there. This thread is about donating to a worthy cause.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.
10/4/13 11:11 AM
hoho

Edited: 10/04/13 11:13 AM
I donated, Celine's opponent couldn't lose her weight.So opponent did fight 2.1lb [950g] ova than regulation weight.
10/4/13 12:04 PM
Calavaro
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a deal to help Celine here:
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2234493&page=1

Australians only though, but I'll have something up for USA people soon.
10/4/13 12:15 PM
Calavaro
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A deal for people in USA to help Celine:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2234498&forum=1&page=1&pc=1

Let's get to the $ 15,000 goal ASAP!
10/4/13 1:20 PM
Rox19
571 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - There is no lying involved nor BS.

If you don't want to have a rational discussion about the topic that is fine.

Keep On Thinking That Your Opinion Is The Only Thing That Counts And You Are Always Correct

" Some guy that tattooed katie" is being civil and polite about everything. Let's not give each other a hard time. :)

It's great that Celine is nearing her goal, right? :D
10/4/13 1:25 PM
The Mouth

Someone just donated 4k.

Shes got about 5k to go.

10/4/13 7:32 PM
Chromium
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They passed $10k. $4959 to go. I dunno if we're gonna make it to $15k, but we could totally make it to $12k now, which would ease Celine's financial burden considerably.

10/4/13 10:48 PM
Shibo

Donated. Get well soon, Celine. :)

Fightlinker has a post up now to help spread the word.

Over 2/3 of the way to goal, how great is that? I love the MMA community.
10/5/13 3:53 AM
Letibleu
1696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raised: $10,181.00

10/5/13 12:51 PM
Shogun of Harlem

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - There is no lying involved nor BS.

If you don't want to have a rational discussion about the topic that is fine.

Keep On Thinking That Your Opinion Is The Only Thing That Counts And You Are Always Correct

A rational discussion would be for you to be quiet on the thread to support an injured fighter. But since you can't see that nor see your position as wrong, there is no reaching you.

$10,191 toward her goal - that is awesome!
10/6/13 12:23 AM
FABombDropper

Kazp306 - WOW someone donated 4000!!! Phone Post
Yeah, I really feel bad for that guy that donated "more than most". He just got annihilated. Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 1:02 AM
Letibleu
1696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$10,251.00

10/7/13 4:38 PM
NoCalamity
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 6:53 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FABombDropper -
Yeah, I really feel bad for that guy that donated "more than most". He just got annihilated. Phone Post 3.0
This.

For every loud asshole wanting a pat on the back is a quiet altruistic soul who did it for the right reasons.

This is why I hate giving away t-shirts for donations so that some asshole can wear an "I care about breast cancer more than you" logo.

Give what you can if you wish.

For the reason you wish to help and not because you want others to be aware of it. Phone Post
10/7/13 7:08 PM
Blazing Knees

Well, I don't have any extra money to give but I think it's really nice of everyone to donate for her.
10/7/13 7:31 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -
FABombDropper -
This.

For every loud asshole wanting a pat on the back is a quiet altruistic soul who did it for the right reasons.

This is why I hate giving away t-shirts for donations so that some asshole can wear an "I care about breast cancer more than you" logo.

Give what you can if you wish.

For the reason you wish to help and not because you want others to be aware of it. Phone Post
Well answer this. What's better?

1. Someone who donates and let's people know that they donated.

2. Or someone who didn't donate at all.

I don't think we should rag on the guy for feeling proud that he donated. I'm sure Roxy's friend could care less, just as long as she's getting someone to help pay for her medical bills. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 6:48 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

Just tried to donate but got an error message twice that basically said that the recipient couldn't recieve money now?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.