UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My fighter friend Celine in trouble! :( pls help

10/4/13 10:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shibo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donated. Get well soon, Celine. :)

Fightlinker has a post up now to help spread the word.

Over 2/3 of the way to goal, how great is that? I love the MMA community.
10/5/13 3:53 AM
Letibleu
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raised: $10,181.00

10/5/13 12:51 PM
Shogun of Harlem
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some Guy That Tattooed Katie - There is no lying involved nor BS.

If you don't want to have a rational discussion about the topic that is fine.

Keep On Thinking That Your Opinion Is The Only Thing That Counts And You Are Always Correct

A rational discussion would be for you to be quiet on the thread to support an injured fighter. But since you can't see that nor see your position as wrong, there is no reaching you.

$10,191 toward her goal - that is awesome!
10/6/13 12:23 AM
FABombDropper

Kazp306 - WOW someone donated 4000!!! Phone Post
Yeah, I really feel bad for that guy that donated "more than most". He just got annihilated. Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 1:02 AM
Letibleu
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$10,251.00

10/7/13 4:38 PM
NoCalamity
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 6:53 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FABombDropper -
Yeah, I really feel bad for that guy that donated "more than most". He just got annihilated. Phone Post 3.0
This.

For every loud asshole wanting a pat on the back is a quiet altruistic soul who did it for the right reasons.

This is why I hate giving away t-shirts for donations so that some asshole can wear an "I care about breast cancer more than you" logo.

Give what you can if you wish.

For the reason you wish to help and not because you want others to be aware of it. Phone Post
10/7/13 7:08 PM
Blazing Knees

Well, I don't have any extra money to give but I think it's really nice of everyone to donate for her.
10/7/13 7:31 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -
FABombDropper -
This.

For every loud asshole wanting a pat on the back is a quiet altruistic soul who did it for the right reasons.

This is why I hate giving away t-shirts for donations so that some asshole can wear an "I care about breast cancer more than you" logo.

Give what you can if you wish.

For the reason you wish to help and not because you want others to be aware of it. Phone Post
Well answer this. What's better?

1. Someone who donates and let's people know that they donated.

2. Or someone who didn't donate at all.

I don't think we should rag on the guy for feeling proud that he donated. I'm sure Roxy's friend could care less, just as long as she's getting someone to help pay for her medical bills. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 6:48 AM
Eric Bloodaxe

Just tried to donate but got an error message twice that basically said that the recipient couldn't recieve money now?

10/8/13 11:48 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She just posted on the donation page:

Updated posted by Celine Haga 23 mins ago

THANK you everybody ! I really...

THANK you everybody ! I really appreciate the support so far..its an humiliating situation to be in ... but again thank u.. im just really looking forward to train mma again..and fight!! my paypal account is closed because they needed ID verification etc..so untill I get it opened gofund me page will not be working.. only transaction to my account 1594.42.23239 in norway .

- See more at: http://www.gofundme.com/4jt4p8#sthash.HpsqyiWA.dpuf

10/9/13 1:08 AM
Rox19
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paypal is such a pain in the @$$. I don't get mad easily, but I was furious at them when they forced Enson Inoue to give back all the donations from people trying to help the earthquake victims, and then Enson's own personal business money. I'll never forgive them for that.

anyway, hopefully this gets settled soon...
10/11/13 11:40 AM
Rox19
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm having an auction on my Facebook, selling a Team Tate female top (signed if you want), and all money goes to Celine.  When she gets her paypal working. lol

https://www.facebook.com/roxanne.modafferi

bidding is done in the comments on my facebook or email me. info on my facebook.  And thanks again to those who already donated.  You guys seriously made a difference.

10/11/13 11:58 AM
Rox19

yay her paypal is working again
10/11/13 12:57 PM
Blazing Knees

She's really going to fight again after this? No disrespect at all but what was her record going into this fight?
10/12/13 9:39 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the Facebook auction... Phone Post
10/15/13 3:23 AM
Bucephalus

Currently 11,111

Very auspicious!
10/16/13 5:16 PM
Chromium
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some Guy - 
Blazing Knees - She's really going to fight again after this? No disrespect at all but what was her record going into this fight?

She's 5 - 12.

I don't think that matters a great deal but if she chooses to continue fighting I hope that she takes sufficient protection and is planning for her future.

Good luck to her.

She's won 4 of her last 5 and her most recent loss was outside her weight class and arguably a robbery. Yes, it was a little weird seeing someone with a 4-11 record suddenly show up in the Atomweight Top 10 after she beat Naho Sugiyama, but she's an MMA cinderella story if there ever was one. She was a professional can hired to lose who happened to have a loan upset over Jewels promotional darling Mika Nagano who then trained her ass off and learned how to fight, and do it well, completely fucking over a corrupt promoter in the process. I certainly would consider her worth backing.

11/16/13 8:17 PM
Blazing Knees

SO what's the word?
11/16/13 8:18 PM
Blazing Knees

Chromium - 
Some Guy - 
Blazing Knees - She's really going to fight again after this? No disrespect at all but what was her record going into this fight?

She's 5 - 12.

I don't think that matters a great deal but if she chooses to continue fighting I hope that she takes sufficient protection and is planning for her future.

Good luck to her.

She's won 4 of her last 5 and her most recent loss was outside her weight class and arguably a robbery. Yes, it was a little weird seeing someone with a 4-11 record suddenly show up in the Atomweight Top 10 after she beat Naho Sugiyama, but she's an MMA cinderella story if there ever was one. She was a professional can hired to lose who happened to have a loan upset over Jewels promotional darling Mika Nagano who then trained her ass off and learned how to fight, and do it well, completely fucking over a corrupt promoter in the process. I certainly would consider her worth backing.

So she had a 1-11 record before winning the last 4 out of 5?
11/16/13 9:32 PM
Chromium
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees - 
Chromium - 
Some Guy - 

She's 5 - 12.

Good luck to her.

So she had a 1-11 record before winning the last 4 out of 5?

This is correct (see her Sherdog record). Her loan win had come over Mika Nagano (14-9), the girl Jewels kept wanting to turn into a centerpiece star at Strawweight but it never happened. Most recently Haga lost a split decision to Sadae Numata, after Numata missed weight by like 5 lbs (while Haga was still contractually obligated to take the fight, in theory this is supposed to come with some sort of penalty like heavier gloves or her opponent being docked a point or two; this didn't happen). Numata consequently got an Atomweight title shot, but lost to Seo See Ham, ruining all plans to keep get the title away from a Korean.

Anyway my Paypal statement seemed to indicate that my payment did indeed go through. So I think she got some help.

11/16/13 9:58 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

Haven't been on the OG for a few months, first thing I saw was this. Donated, tell your friend I hope she's feeling better.
11/17/13 2:29 AM
Rox19

Thank you so much! Phone Post
11/17/13 2:29 AM
Rox19

Update: she is no longer seeing double and can exercise a bit! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.