UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping apologizes to fans over eye injury

9/30/13 10:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Michael "The Count" Bisping underwent eye surgery for a detached retina in June following an inadvertent eye poke during his fight with Alan Belcher at UFC 159 on April 27.

Last week he reinjured the eye and was forced to withdraw from a main-event bout against Mark Munoz on Oct. 26 in his hometoen of Manchester, England. Bisping will be replaced vs. Munoz by former UFC lightheavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, who is dropping down to middleweight. Machida had been scheduled to fight Tim Kennedy on Nov. 6, who responded by calling out the entire middleweight division.

Bisping's manager said that corrective surgery won't be necessary, but the Count expects to be sidelined for at least five to six months.

In an interview with Gareth A Davies, Bisping offered sincere apologies to the fans.

“I am devastated for everyone who bought tickets to see me fight Munoz," said Bisping. "I am so sorry for the fans, I really am. I am disappointed for myself too, but my first thoughts are with the fans who have made sacrifices to come and see me in Manchester."

"I can only apologise to them, and to the UFC. I have been training so hard for this fight, that I just cannot believe I will not step into the Octagon in Manchester. But I promise my fans I will be back real soon."

“It will still be a great night for the UFC fight fans as Lyoto Machida will take my place. So go to the Phones4U Arena and still have a great time.”

Bisping is hoping he will be able to come over the Manchester as a guest fighter and says he is "looking forward to meeting the fans and shaking their hands" and "supporting other British fighters in the card."

Read entire article...

9/30/13 10:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that sucks, misses out on Manchester again :( Poor Bisping Phone Post
9/30/13 10:51 AM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a huge Bisping fan but still gotta feel bad for the guy. That has got to suck.

9/30/13 11:43 AM
I_lov3_JUSTIN_BIEBER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mikes not a bad guy - seems to care about his fans.. The UK ones at least. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 12:17 PM
JoshSanchez
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He absolutely didn't need to apologize, but it shows that he's actually a much better dude than people give him credit for.

9/30/13 12:31 PM
Bawls
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacobear Jr. Phone Post
9/30/13 12:57 PM
Devlin
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he recovers quickly. Phone Post
9/30/13 10:10 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshSanchez - 

He absolutely didn't need to apologize, but it shows that he's actually a much better dude than people give him credit for.

yeah, i think he happens to be one of the fighters who realizes how important his fan base is....

i give the guy a lot of crap on the message boards, but i do like to see him fight...
10/1/13 2:00 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goocher -

I'm not a huge Bisping fan but still gotta feel bad for the guy. That has got to suck.

Yea. I rip on him in good fun from time to time, but I feel for him here. Rough. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 2:02 AM
stephen1547
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disike Bisping as much as the next guy, but eye injuries are no joke.  I hope he fully recovers and it doesn't affect his future fights.

10/1/13 2:05 AM
Pompei
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he recovers and comes back better than ever. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 2:09 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshSanchez -

Well said Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.