UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW I want a UFC Season ticket PPV Package

12/22/13 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rtchamp15
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt. Phone Post
12/23/13 12:32 PM
Rtchamp15
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
12/29/13 7:50 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump want season pass for PPV events not just a rebranding of UFC.TV Phone Post 3.0
12/29/13 11:18 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They really should have a fight pass pro. $40 a month and you get the PPVs. Phone Post 3.0
12/30/13 12:30 AM
Rtchamp15

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
1/2/14 6:10 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( looks like we have given up on this and are accepting UFC.TV as acceptable... You win this round Dana! You win this round! I tip my hat to you good sir. Phone Post 3.0
1/2/14 6:27 PM
Is_Normal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you guys bitch about fight pass for about 10 bucks a month but would dish out 300 to get cards you have no idea what will be on? Logic. Phone Post 3.0
1/2/14 8:27 PM
Thingading
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since it looks like most are for it and there have been a ton of responses and around 40,000 views of this thread, could a blue namer post a poll asking how much UGers would be willing to pay for this?

Something like:

$300
$400
$500
$600
$700
Over $700

I may go $500, but that's with HD, which might be a pipe dream.
1/3/14 7:19 AM
TerribleTowel
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thingading - Since it looks like most are for it and there have been a ton of responses and around 40,000 views of this thread, could a blue namer post a poll asking how much UGers would be willing to pay for this?

Something like:

$300
$400
$500
$600
$700
Over $700

Good idea. Phone Post 3.0
1/3/14 9:54 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thingading - Since it looks like most are for it and there have been a ton of responses and around 40,000 views of this thread, could a blue namer post a poll asking how much UGers would be willing to pay for this?

Something like:

$300
$400
$500
$600
$700
Over $700

TTT Phone Post 3.0
1/4/14 12:37 PM
Scb669
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here on bell satellite there is a ufc deal that gives you 4 for the price of 3 or something Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 12:48 AM
Rtchamp15

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 12:32 PM
TerribleTowel
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, bumping my own thread, but I want this. Put all the PPV's on Fight Pass for all I care and make it the "Ultimate Package" or whatever and add all the damn PPV's on there for one yearly fee and I am in!! And people will probably buy Fight Pass as well
7/19/14 12:42 PM
SupesUp
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt we already go through 25 pages as to why this doesn't work? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 2:38 AM
tenchu

Edited: 07/20/14 1:34 PM
Why not $20 per month Fight Pass?

Why must it be so expensive while so many sports manage to be on regular TV? It's a shame it's so expensive to follow the sport.
7/20/14 3:17 AM
Just bleed guys forgotton nike swoosh
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rtchamp15 -
Se7enout - Hey guys you know that UFC's Chief Content Officer Marshall Zelaznik revealed on the mama hour that eventually you will be able to get a ppv package with the new digital channel? Keep on fighting your voices are being heard...
Ttt. Phone Post
TTmotherfuckinT Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 6:56 AM
tornadochoke
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure when I ordered the last Ppv on fight pass there was an option to purchase a year of ppvs.

Or maybe I was just really really high. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 3:43 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need to get a journalist to ask him about this Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 3:52 PM
Stea1th

tenchu - Why not $20 per month Fight Pass?

Why must it be so expensive while so many sports manage to be on regular TV? It's a shame it's so expensive to follow the sport.
Advertisers foot the bill.

I don't see why ufc doesn't keep the ppv for people living in the Stone Age and allow ufc.tv to thrive with every event viewable.

I hate that I need to use multiple apps to watch a full ppv. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 5:06 PM
I Wild Each It
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - We need to get a journalist to ask him about this Phone Post 3.0

Useless caseharts, because he would dance around the question or give his standard responses when it comes to PPV's. Get a bunch of friends together and split the cost, you're not a real fan if you don't pay to watch so and so fight, he doesn't give a shit if we watch or not, etc.
7/20/14 9:01 PM
Eskoe1
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would pay but has to be around 600-750 with monthly payments lol you can get my money Dana Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:12 PM
Whambo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightpass members should get a discount, something like $10 dollars off the PPV rate.

Can you order the PPV's through fightpass as of now? You'd think the UFC would jump on giving members incentive to order it through fightpass instead of the PPV companies because don't they give something like 50% right off the top to the PPV company? Ordering through fightpass would mean they get all the profit.

7/21/14 8:37 AM
tanner904

Whambo - Fightpass members should get a discount, something like $10 dollars off the PPV rate.

Can you order the PPV's through fightpass as of now? You'd think the UFC would jump on giving members incentive to order it through fightpass instead of the PPV companies because don't they give something like 50% right off the top to the PPV company? Ordering through fightpass would mean they get all the profit.

I don't think so cause it's still seen on cable or satellite Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 8:44 AM
TerribleTowel

Whambo - Fightpass members should get a discount, something like $10 dollars off the PPV rate.

This guy gets it. Yes the cable companies make a ton of profit from these PPVs. So to fix that UFC puts it on fight pass and charge us either per event or (and what I want) a yearly fee for all events. I can't see how they don't profit from this. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 8:57 AM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tenchu - Why not $20 per month Fight Pass?

$20/mo. for FP wouldn't work because the UFC would need around 2-3.5 million subscribers to offset losses in domestic PPV revenue (and they'd still have to keep any foreign blackouts that foreign television networks want to keep in their business deals). It's not gonna happen. -_-

I really, really hate that no one bothers to do even basic math when making proposals like this.

Additionally, moving everything to a UFC Network or making online their primary platform (even just in the United States) is a great way to make sure they don't create any new fans. I know you weren't suggesting that but so many people do and it's just utterly self-defeating.

What the UFC needs is a segue strategy to slowly move their business model away from PPV while grabbing more casual viewers like the major mainstream sport it wants MMA to become.

The Fox shows are the biggest conduit for this. More Fox shows, fewer PPVs please. Start with maybe 8 of each next year, if the deal with Fox can be re-worked. I like that UFC on Fox 12 is airing prelims right on Fox, and it's a step in the right direction, but goddamn if those prelims aren't weak as hell (Jorge Masvidal excepted).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.