UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW I want a UFC Season ticket PPV Package

9/30/13 7:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SupesUp
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
SupesUp - Would still likely be between 6-700 for high Def for the year. And you would have no guarantee over the amount of events you would get. Phone Post
They would need to include all programming for it to work. Phone Post
I doubt that the ufc has exclusive rights for much of their content that is shown on Fox. The reason fox pays them what they do is because they expect people to have to watch their channels.
I think the ppvs and maybe the post fight pressers and things like that are all that the ufc would own and be able to show on a subscription basis. And 12 ppv a year at $65 a pop for hd it would be a tough sell to get anyone to buy just based on that. Phone Post
9/30/13 7:11 PM
Rtchamp15
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Phone Post
9/30/13 7:15 PM
Rtchamp15
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may get vtfd down for this but Im gonna be honest. I stream almost every ppv, I have only bought two this year and will most likely only buy one more. I just dint have the money to buy every single one but I love the sport and can't stand missing a fight.

I would gladly pay $200-300 per year for all ppv and I'm sure lots of you would too. That's a lot of money that the ufc is losing to streams. Phone Post
9/30/13 7:18 PM
spg
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pay $400 for a year of all UFC PPVs, events, etc.

9/30/13 7:20 PM
caseharts
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
SupesUp -
caseharts -
SupesUp - Would still likely be between 6-700 for high Def for the year. And you would have no guarantee over the amount of events you would get. Phone Post
I doubt that the ufc has exclusive rights for much of their content that is shown on Fox. The reason fox pays them what they do is because they expect people to have to watch their channels.
I think the ppvs and maybe the post fight pressers and things like that are all that the ufc would own and be able to show on a subscription basis. And 12 ppv a year at $65 a pop for hd it would be a tough sell to get anyone to buy just based on that. Phone Post
Ya I agree. I'd take all the ppvs but a boy can dream Phone Post
9/30/13 7:42 PM
I Wild Each It
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp - 
caseharts -

I agree that most people wouldn't pay $780/yr (12 events x $65 per)...but you offer a "UFC ticket" for $399.00 and those same people suddenly become buyers (I know I would). You would also start to draw in a % of the "casual fan" that would grow as well.

Like many of you, I only buy 2-3 PPV's a year, due to other financial obligations. I can't justify $65 every month. But you give me the option of paying $399.00, billed quarterly, and I can make that work.

So Zuffa goes from me paying $130-$195 a year...to $399.00. And I'm sure thousands of others just like me would do the same.

It doesn't need to be anything more than access to the PPV's, and pre-fight & post-fight press conferences.

9/30/13 7:46 PM
caseharts
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Fobby - This is a horrible idea. If it was a good idea the UFC would have done it. I'm not going to explain why it's a bad idea. Smart people already know. Phone Post 3.0
Huh Phone Post
9/30/13 7:49 PM
canofsticks
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is all well and good....BUUUUT....how would this affect fighters with PPV points?

All of a sudden 1/3...maybe 1/2 of popular fighters' fan base don't buy PPVs because they've got this package deal.
9/30/13 7:59 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
canofsticks - This is all well and good....BUUUUT....how would this affect fighters with PPV points?

All of a sudden 1/3...maybe 1/2 of popular fighters' fan base don't buy PPVs because they've got this package deal.
I think you would just divide it up amongst the ppvs equally. Phone Post
9/30/13 8:10 PM
Malvert the Janitor
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
Fobby - This is a horrible idea. If it was a good idea the UFC would have done it. I'm not going to explain why it's a bad idea. Smart people already know. Phone Post 3.0
Huh Phone Post
Don't try to understand this guy...it'll leave you with a migraine. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 8:13 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Malvert the Janitor -
caseharts -
Huh Phone Post
Don't try to understand this guy...it'll leave you with a migraine. Phone Post 3.0
Let's mop Phone Post
9/30/13 8:15 PM
canofsticks
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
canofsticks - This is all well and good....BUUUUT....how would this affect fighters with PPV points?

Wut?

If GSP is fighting main event, this package will hurt his PPV buys. So how do you make up those lost single buys with this package - take a percentage of the package buys for the year and give it to him?
9/30/13 8:15 PM
NYjojo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would buy the season pass if it came out to like 35 a card in HD. I usually only buy 1 or 2 a year as is, 55 is brutal when the tv bill comes. This year I bought the Honda card and will probably buy 166/67/68 cuz they look great. So that's about 220 dollars ufc got out of a fairly casual fan.
9/30/13 8:16 PM
TheBoognish

There's only 3-4 events a year that are really worth paying for. The cards that are just a main event and fillers aren't worth paying for when u can go to the bar to watch them.

So I think this deal would work out very well for the UFC actually cause people would have already paid for the PPV even if it an obvious stinker. I could see them consider making this an option in the future with more and more free cards. People will see value in getting a discount so they will buy it, when in reality they're getting roped into paying for cards that might not live up to the value.

My 2 cents. This idea makes more sense for the UFC than the fan. If their is no bar in your town showing the fights it would be good for the fan as well. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 8:37 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
canofsticks -
caseharts - 

Wut?

If GSP is fighting main event, this package will hurt his PPV buys. So how do you make up those lost single buys with this package - take a percentage of the package buys for the year and give it to him?
How are ppv points done? If I'm not mistaken it's a dollar amount per ppv sold. This would still count. Yes the ufc might lose in profit per unit but the idea is they increase they're gross margin Phone Post
9/30/13 8:38 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
NYjojo - I would buy the season pass if it came out to like 35 a card in HD. I usually only buy 1 or 2 a year as is, 55 is brutal when the tv bill comes. This year I bought the Honda card and will probably buy 166/67/68 cuz they look great. So that's about 220 dollars ufc got out of a fairly casual fan.
If you're on here you ain't casual hate Phone Post
9/30/13 8:38 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Mate Phone Post
9/30/13 8:46 PM
Trane

They would never do it because they know that suckers will pay thousands a year for individual shows.
9/30/13 8:51 PM
Augustus Caesar
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in. 

9/30/13 8:53 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1963 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TerribleTowel - One yearly fee. Can we do this? Phone Post 3.0
Mother Fuck yes!!

UFC should hook u up a free year! Great idea!

VU Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 8:56 PM
wrestling4life
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana make it happen Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 9:02 PM
UGCTT_whoreymcdonald
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shut up and take my money! Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 9:06 PM
JoshSanchez
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fobby - This is a horrible idea. If it was a good idea the UFC would have done it. I'm not going to explain why it's a bad idea. Smart people already know. Phone Post 3.0

9/30/13 9:12 PM
Sevensky

I order every fight don't miss one.. So the most they'll so is give like what 2 free fights ? Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 9:51 PM
Switchheadkick
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for DW Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.