UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Chael coach TUF Brazil? He won't make it out

9/30/13 5:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Although Wanderlei Silva has done a remarkable job of using what you might term Sonnenesque pro wrestling methods to draw Chael Sonnen into a fight, Sonnen is scheduled to fight Rashad Evans at UFC 167 and Wand is out with injuries, perhaps until 2014. But, there is a new TUF episode that will be filmed in Brazil, so some fans thought the pair would be perfect to coach vs. one another.

However, UFC president Dana White thought that idea wouldn't fly, as Sonnen wouldn't make it back.

"People keep asking me if they're going to be the coaches (for TUF Brazil 3)," said White in Brazil on a UFC World Tour stop in Rio de Janeiro on Monday. "I can't have a Brazilian within 10 feet of Chael Sonnen in America Imagine bringing Chael Sonnen here for six weeks. I don't think he'd make it."

"I mean there's situations in the United States where that we had an event where a Brazilian fan started swinging at Chael Sonnen trying to hit him. Then we did the Fan Expo, and a Brazilian tried to swing at him at that. Wanderlei's name is 'The Axe Murderer' and he is a very proud Brazilian and he doesn't like Chael Sonnen and the thing doesn't surprise me one bit."

"I don't have to tell you guys, I stood here what was it a year and a half ago with Anderson sitting here, and Chael sitting here saying horrible things about this country and about the people and about him. Brazilians do not like Chael Sonnen."

Read entire article...

9/30/13 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/30/13 6:04 PM
caseharts
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Film it in Argentina. Or the usa Phone Post
9/30/13 6:04 PM
teamquestnorth
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazils not ready for the awesomness that is Chael Sonnen. I mean just look at those 3 in the picture from the article. Phone Post
9/30/13 6:12 PM
tenchu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on Brazil, loosen up a little. LOL.
9/30/13 6:32 PM
jmacdoug
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i fucked sonnen last night".... do you think he actually understands his shirt?
9/30/13 6:39 PM
OnlyFoolsPickBendo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - That is embarrassing for Brazilians. A guy can't even come into their country with out his life being threatened.

Brazilians quit acting like savages pls.
Love Chael, now with that said Americans would do the same to a person from another country if he talked about Americans like that. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 6:44 PM
teamquestnorth
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyFoolsPickBendo -
Chaelismyhero - That is embarrassing for Brazilians. A guy can't even come into their country with out his life being threatened.

Love Chael, now with that said Americans would do the same to a person from another country if he talked about Americans like that. Phone Post 3.0
So if say michael bisping bad mouthed americans he would get his life threatened to the point where he couldnt come to america? Guys would show up at ufc events wearing t shirts that said "i fucked michael bisping"? Doubtful Phone Post
9/30/13 6:53 PM
TexLadue

OnlyFoolsPickBendo -

Not true. Same reason this country is the only one that does't back their own in the fight game. How many of you knuckle heads were backing shogun in the last fight? Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 7:06 PM
TopChute
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably the first TUF where the fighters kill their coach.
9/30/13 7:23 PM
Glovegate

"Americans would do the same to a person from another country if he talked about Americans like that."

I'm not American and even I can admit that is complete bullshit.  The Americans are more loving and accepting of fighters of other nationalities than just about anywhere on the fucking planet besides Japan.  If you put on a great show, you are getting cheered.  It doesn't matter where you're from.

I'm even willing to admit they're better than my own countrymen (Canadian).

9/30/13 7:30 PM
TexLadue

Glovegate -

"Americans would do the same to a person from another country if he talked about Americans like that."

I'm not American and even I can admit that is complete bullshit.  The Americans are more loving and accepting of fighters of other nationalities than just about anywhere on the fucking planet besides Japan.  If you put on a great show, you are getting cheered.  It doesn't matter where you're from.

Bullshit. Americans ride the "brand wagon". It happens over and over.
GSP
ANDERSON SILVA
WANDA SILVA (I did that on purpose)
FEDOR
Just to name a few. Not that there is anything wrong with that but, you will never catch six guys in a bar or living room in the USA all rooting for the American challenger to any of the above names. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 7:35 PM
teamquestnorth

TexLadue -
Glovegate -

GSP
ANDERSON SILVA
FEDOR
Just to name a few. Not that there is anything wrong with that but, you will never catch six guys in a bar or living room in the USA all rooting for the American challenger to any of the above names. Phone Post 3.0
Thats whate glovegate was saying Phone Post
9/30/13 7:36 PM
Glovegate

Lol yeah.  I think we agree, brother.

9/30/13 7:38 PM
dhughes
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexLadue - 
Glovegate -

GSP
ANDERSON SILVA
FEDOR

What are you trying to say? And why did you call him "Wanda" on purpose and then admit it?

If I can make any sense of your post it seems you might be making the same point as Glovegate...but I really don't understand what you are saying so, who knows? Maybe I am dense.
9/30/13 7:47 PM
TexLadue

Americans refuse to back there country men as a whole. Have you ever watched a PPV that's in brazil? Do you think any Brazilian in that arena was rooting for chad mendes before he got knocked out by Aldo? No they were chanting your going to die. Watch an international soccer match some time, do you think there is anyone from either country rooting for the other doesn't happen.
Ill leave you with this. When Velasquez and Dos santos have there third fight...do you think every American across the country will get behind Velasquez in the arena, at the bar, and in there living rooms...no, but will every Brazilian on the planet be absolutely behind Dos Santos...yes. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 7:52 PM
dhughes
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexLadue - Americans refuse to back there country men as a whole. Have you ever watched a PPV that's in brazil? Do you think any Brazilian in that arena was rooting for chad mendes before he got knocked out by Aldo? No they were chanting your going to die. Watch an international soccer match some time, do you think there is anyone from either country rooting for the other doesn't happen.
Ill leave you with this. When Velasquez and Dos santos have there third fight...do you think every American across the country will get behind Velasquez in the arena, at the bar, and in there living rooms...no, but will every Brazilian on the planet be absolutely behind Dos Santos...yes. Phone Post 3.0

Okay. I understand your point. Thanks for clarifying.

Though I think it's less about refusing to back their countrymen than it is about rooting for a "character" that you like. The US is a very diverse place and most people who live in metropolitan areas are used to interacting on a daily basis with people from all over the world. So, I would guess that people in the US might be more inclined to root for someone based on their skills and personal merits than their nationality. That's certainly not a blanket statement but more of a generalization.

Anyway, thanks for the response.
9/30/13 8:04 PM
TexLadue

I can't disagree with that statement, yes the USA is a melting pot culturally, but I find this incredibly interesting.
Here me out, If you took a regular white guy, black guy, Irish guy, Jewish guy, Mexican guy, and one if there dumb girlfriends, six people total, all Americans, do you think they all root for their national representative in a fight boxing, MMA whatever? Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 9:48 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Just do team us vs team brazil in the us. Be sort of like season 9 Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 7:48 AM
OnlyFoolsPickBendo
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -

If a guy from Brazil said that Americans where so stupid that they did not know the difference between a bus and a horse, it would have piss Americans off. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 9:32 AM
OneSidedWar

Americans have less pride for their country. (Im American btw.) Its as simple as that. I love my country but im ashamed of those who run it. Kinda crosses over into sporting events too. Phone Post
10/1/13 10:59 AM
CowboysStuntDouble
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Its because too many douchelords do the CRINGEINDUCING

U
S
A

over and over. Most americans are embarrassed by that shit and support the non US fighter as a result
Somehow, I don't think that's the reason Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 11:11 AM
6ULDV8
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he'd die

10/1/13 12:05 PM
BubblesNS
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth -
TexLadue -
Glovegate -

GSP
ANDERSON SILVA
FEDOR
Thats whate glovegate was saying Phone Post
I think we are all in agreement. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.