UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Store clerk charged with murder for stopping theft

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10/1/13 7:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zetti
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Corpus Christi, Texas, store owner faces murder charges after he allegedly shot and killed a man for stealing two cases of beer.

Rodney Duve, 51, shot a 39-year-old "known gang member" on Saturday night as the suspect fled Duve's Quick Stop with the stolen beer, according to NBC affiliate KRIS-TV.

A man who lives across the street from the convenience store was shocked by the incident.

"He didn't have to shoot the person for two cases of beer. A life doesn't equal two cases of beer," the neighbor, who declined to be identified, told the station. However, another neighbor said he might have done the same thing in Duve's situation.

The Associated Press reported that the suspect was taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds, where he later died. Duve was held on $35,000 bond on Sunday.

Earlier this month, a Missouri liquor store clerk stopped a robbery when he pulled a handgun on a would-be thief. Video of the incident went viral.

In August, a Chicago man was arrested and charged with murder after shooting two friends and pistol-whipping another man in an argument over beer.
10/1/13 7:42 AM
Dos Huevos Gigante
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is Texas. Texas shall overcome.
10/1/13 7:49 AM
dannyapodaca
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. Kill all those pieces of shit. Phone Post
10/1/13 7:51 AM
PUBLICnoose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell be aquited he was defendin his castle. Phone Post
10/1/13 7:52 AM
PUBLICnoose

What does chigago have to do with this at all lol Phone Post
10/1/13 7:59 AM
ProteusSFM
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In August, a Chicago man was arrested and charged with murder after shooting two friends and pistol-whipping another man in an argument over beer."

LOL

Nothing to do with what happened. Very similar case in Houston but the store owner was never charged. Phone Post
10/1/13 8:12 AM
shaqitup
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i get the "beer isn't worth a life shit", but you shouldn't fucking steal from people and be a piece of garbage in the first place.

10/1/13 8:35 AM
sockeye
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should do society a favor and take out the rest of the gang Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 8:41 AM
Tidbits

Awesome, because everyone knows that $10 worth of beer is what a human life is worth.
10/1/13 8:42 AM
Tidbits

shaqitup - 

i get the "beer isn't worth a life shit", but you shouldn't fucking steal from people and be a piece of garbage in the first place.

While true, doesn't make theft a capital crime.
10/1/13 8:43 AM
Sex Chicken
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Touching my beer...that's a pistol whipping.

10/1/13 8:52 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1888 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thief stealing food maybe I feel bad.
Thief stealing beer? Eh... Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 8:54 AM
LFTM
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sex Chicken -

Touching my beer...that's a pistol whipping.

This guy gets it. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 8:56 AM
angryinch

Tidbits - Awesome, because everyone knows that $10 worth of beer is what a human life is worth.

If you're running around robbing convenience stores for beer, I think $10 is an overestimation of what your life is worth.  

If you're stealing diapers, bread, food, etc...  because your life took a turn for the worse, that's one thing but if you're a gang member stealing beer, fuck your life, you ain't worth jack fucking shit.  

10/1/13 8:56 AM
angryinch

BTW, isn't it legal in TX to protect your property with deadly force?  

10/1/13 8:57 AM
Ramon Maroni

did society a favor IMO
10/1/13 8:57 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

shaqitup -

This.

If you weren't stealing, you wouldn't have to worry about getting shot.

This might be harsh, but I see this is a way to filter the scumbags out Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 10:31 AM
LFTM
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie -
shaqitup -

This.

This might be harsh, but I see this is a way to filter the scumbags out Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 10:34 AM
Tidbits

Chris Leben is a Zombie - 
shaqitup -

This.

I love when I see this and then people on here who espouse these sentiments have the gall to call Muslims savages.

I don't give a fuck what you are stealing, there is NO material object/possession equal in value to a human life, period. Money, possessions, objects, ALL can be replaced. The person killed, was someones, son, father, brother, friend ....
10/1/13 10:36 AM
Primitive Mischief

Tidbits -
shaqitup - 

This. The fucking thirst for death is fucking insane. Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 10:39 AM
stephen1547
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please note the difference between "theft" and "robbery".  You can't just shoot someone in the back while they run away from a non-violent crime and expect not to be charged.  Sure, the thief was probably a scumbag but that doesn't mean he deserves to die for a non-violent crime. The clerk wasent protecting himself, he was getting revenge.

10/1/13 10:40 AM
Tidbits

Primitive Mischief - 
Tidbits -
shaqitup - 

This. The fucking thirst for death is fucking insane. Phone Post 3.0

It's easy to dehumanize the poor, less privileged and minorities.
10/1/13 10:42 AM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit I'm pretty shocked at the responses here. Phone Post
10/1/13 10:42 AM
pfsjkd
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/13 10:43 AM
angryinch - 
Tidbits - Awesome, because everyone knows that $10 worth of beer is what a human life is worth.

If you're running around robbing convenience stores for beer, I think $10 is an overestimation of what your life is worth.  

If you're stealing diapers, bread, food, etc...  because your life took a turn for the worse, that's one thing but if you're a gang member stealing beer, fuck your life, you ain't worth jack fucking shit.  

Interesting. If a cop had been in the store and shot the guy over the beer you'd be calling for a lynch mob to string the cop up and the dismantling of the local police department. Yet the clerk can do the same thing and you're cool with it. Okey dokey.

Can't believe that I agree with Tidbits, but yea, we call Muslim savages because they have little to no regard for human life, yet beer theft = death. Yea, uh, no.

10/1/13 10:49 AM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A case of beer is worth MUCH more then the life of a scumbag thief.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.