UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Wins Case to Move Forward Against NY BAN!

10/2/13 11:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their case is moving forward now and I wonder if litigation will be their entrance into NY?

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-wins-key-ruling-in-lawsuit-banning-mma-new-york-state-100213
10/2/13 11:52 PM
Haulport

BTW: isn't it funny how Zuffa wants to get MMA into NY so they are actually SUING THE STATE, but all they ever say in regards to bad judges and refs and rules is "We can't do anything"

Where there is a will there is a way.........
10/2/13 11:57 PM
Haulport

"The UFC’s case against New York and its ban on mixed martial arts in the state will go forward after federal district court Judge Kimba M. Wood denied the state attorney general’s motion to dismiss the suit, ruling the plaintiffs have sufficiently alleged an as-applied vagueness challenge to the law written in 1997.

Specifically, the UFC and fellow plaintiffs including Jon Jones, Gina Carano, Frankie Edgar and others, argued that the combative sport ban is unconstitutionally vague under the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.

In declining to dismiss the claim, the court noted the state’s erratic interpretation, application and enforcement of the ban over the years, including an exemption for martial arts sanctioned by various organizations including the World Kickboxing Association.

“A plain reading of this provision suggests plaintiffs would be allowed to promote a professional MMA event in New York if the event were sanctioned by one of the exempt organizations,” Wood noted. Buttressing the vagueness claim, Wood added that while the state originally agreed with that interpretation, they have now reversed course."
10/3/13 1:35 AM
CindyO

Haulport - Their case is moving forward now and I wonder if litigation will be their entrance into NY?

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-wins-key-ruling-in-lawsuit-banning-mma-new-york-state-100213
Great thread, HP. Voted up:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 2:57 AM
Il Duce
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely bonkers NY has a ban.

Bonkers I tell you.

Hope this opens the door. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 3:00 AM
RicGillespie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - BTW: isn't it funny how Zuffa wants to get MMA into NY so they are actually SUING THE STATE, but all they ever say in regards to bad judges and refs and rules is "We can't do anything"

You think they should sue every location in the world that has bad judging? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
10/3/13 5:13 PM
Haulport

RicGillespie - 
Haulport - BTW: isn't it funny how Zuffa wants to get MMA into NY so they are actually SUING THE STATE, but all they ever say in regards to bad judges and refs and rules is "We can't do anything"

You think they should sue every location in the world that has bad judging? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Does that post represent that you are truly THAT dumb or are you just being disingenuous?
10/3/13 5:14 PM
Haulport

CindyO - 
Haulport - Their case is moving forward now and I wonder if litigation will be their entrance into NY?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

My goodness! A vote up? I have no experience with such things... ; )
10/3/13 11:26 PM
CindyO

Haulport -
CindyO - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

My goodness! A vote up? I have no experience with such things... ; )
LOL!!! I think I have been in the negative numbers for at least a year myself!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 11:54 PM
Haulport

It seems no one gives a shit about real sports news anymore......
10/3/13 11:55 PM
PoundFoolish
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in Phone Post
10/4/13 1:34 AM
Mertvaya Ruka
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great news! thanks for posting
10/4/13 1:52 PM
RicGillespie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
RicGillespie - 

Does that post represent that you are truly THAT dumb or are you just being disingenuous?

You're the person talking about suing AC's over incompetent judging and somehow I'm the dumb one?

The ironing board is heavy with ironing.
10/4/13 2:18 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - It seems no one gives a shit about real sports news anymore......

Much of the UG is preoccuppied with Ronda's personality and the TV ratings of Bellator and TUF.

10/4/13 2:24 PM
shaqitup
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RicGillespie - 

If they fix the nevada state comission and get good judging and reffereeing it will brach out to other ones.

10/4/13 2:25 PM
tinytuffnutz
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU OP. But I think it would be even harder to fix the judging and reffing in mma.
10/4/13 2:27 PM
tinytuffnutz
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
RicGillespie - 

If they fix the nevada state comission and get good judging and reffereeing it will brach out to other ones.

You think? Nevada might be the most corrupt of them all. I just don't see how this and fixing the AC's are similar. Can someone explain?
10/8/13 12:28 PM
Haulport

zedlepln - 
Haulport - It seems no one gives a shit about real sports news anymore......

Much of the UG is preoccuppied with Ronda's personality and the TV ratings of Bellator and TUF.

LOL!!!
10/8/13 12:32 PM
Haulport

tinytuffnutz - 
shaqitup - 
RicGillespie - 

You think? Nevada might be the most corrupt of them all. I just don't see how this and fixing the AC's are similar. Can someone explain?

Just the way Zuffa's highly paid attorneys have made a case that NY is unfairly banning them while allowing others to hold events, they could make a case that other dangerous sports are not having their rules regulated by the ACs and that refs, judges and rule sets should be handed by a third party or Zuffa themselves just like every other sport played in NV.

I'm not a lawyer but I'll leave that up to them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.