UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: 'Accosting a gangster can be hazardous'

10/3/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the Olympia expo in Las Vegas last weekend, Chael Sonnen was signing autographs at a booth, when Wanderlei Silva suddenly appeared, accompanied by a camera crew.  "The Axe Murderer" and Sonnen went nose-to-nose and ended up having to be pulled apart.

Then Wand released an over the top video commentating on the altercation.

"Real men talk face to face," said Wand on the video. "With me the talk is straight up. I will punch you face, it will happen soon. I didn't smash you today because I'm a professional, and professionals keep it out of the streets... I heard the fear in your voice when you started talking with that thin voice like a girl. You were shaking in fear. You loser."

On Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight, Chael Sonnen took the oppotunity to respond.

"I'm all for Wanderlei having a little fun," said Sonnen. "But Wanderlei, three things. First off, if you're going to do a publicity stunt, do not bring your own camera. It looks staged, which it was. It insults your audience. Assume that they're going to connect the dots. Show up somewhere where a camera is, and then go into your little routine.

"Secondly, In this country and in this industry, if you refuse to fight a guy, like you did me, you forfeit your right to then talk about that person in this type of fashion. Accosting somebody in public, can be regrettable. Accosting a gangster can be hazardous."

Third, Chael invited Wand to be interviewed on UFC Tonight. Sonnen also said that UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis had his back.

"I turn about a quarter inch. Here's Anthony Pettis," said Sonnen. "And he's ready to fight. Now they've got four guys against Pettis... Say what you want; Pettis is a handsome, nice champion. But at the end of the day, he's a street kid from Milwaukee. Wanderlei, be very careful about doing these things."

Wand is apparently thinking long term, as he is out with injuries likely until 2014, and Sonnen is signed to fight Rashad Evans at UFC 167 on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas.

Transcription courtesy of MMAFighting.

10/3/13 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can this fight be the co main event for BJ Penn vs Frankie 3 please?

... please? Phone Post
10/3/13 12:01 PM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't simply acost a gangster from Oregon and a street kid from Milwaukee without expecting repercussions. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:01 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was pretty gay of wand to do this at the olympia while not agreeing to fight chael.

I think this is all fake btw, i think chael is trying to cover this up by saying wand's part was fake to throw us off. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:02 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

Lol Sonnen is gold Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 12:05 PM
RickStorm
1602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

For the love of all thats good in the world.... Please let this fight go down in Portland, Oregon

10/3/13 12:08 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/3/13 12:12 PM
Aaron Becker

this makes me like Pettis more than I have been
10/3/13 12:14 PM
fraz1001
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was Chael I wouldn't give Wandy another second of air time Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 12:15 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddly I'm rooting for Chael all the way.

10/3/13 12:24 PM
KneeToFaceKO

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

Never gets old. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:26 PM
TEN10TEN
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael brought more in that one paragraph than any of Wand's long ramblings on his strange non intimidating over the top dramatic vlogs with bad music. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:31 PM
6 Late Hammerfists
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can NOT get enough Chael Sonnen. Keep that shit coming. I love how he always finds a new nemesis after he's done with an old one. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 12:33 PM
jcblass

Is this fight signed? If so for when?
10/3/13 12:40 PM
teamquestnorth

Pitbull3744 - Wow Chael is unbelievable lol. He was scared shitless of Wand that day and in the car that time but only waits for either twitter or tv to talk shit. Man if this guy wasn't a fighter he would be the definition of a tough guy when no one is around him. Phone Post 3.0
Please elaborate on how chael was "scared" in that video. He got surprised by a mob of people, one of them being the axe murderer, and stood his ground. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:47 PM
Aaron Becker

Pitbull3744 - Wow Chael is unbelievable lol. He was scared shitless of Wand that day and in the car that time but only waits for either twitter or tv to talk shit. Man if this guy wasn't a fighter he would be the definition of a tough guy when no one is around him. Phone Post 3.0

you're the definition of a moron
10/3/13 12:49 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth - 
Pitbull3744 - Wow Chael is unbelievable lol. He was scared shitless of Wand that day and in the car that time but only waits for either twitter or tv to talk shit. Man if this guy wasn't a fighter he would be the definition of a tough guy when no one is around him. Phone Post 3.0
Please elaborate on how chael was "scared" in that video. He got surprised by a mob of people, one of them being the axe murderer, and stood his ground. Phone Post

Chael has two modes: "normal" and "showtime." In the car with Wand he was normal, which for him is polite and respectful. Pretty easy to figure out by looking at how he grew up.
10/3/13 12:52 PM
Secureg
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - That's okay I know Chael is everyone's hero right now but Wand is a legend and for everyone to love Chael over wand just because u like his shit talking is really sad. Phone Post 3.0
I am also shocked at how people have turned on Silva for a shit talker like ChAel that hasn't done anything close to what Wanderlei has done in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 12:53 PM
Aaron Becker

Pitbull3744 - 
Aaron Becker -
Pitbull3744 - Wow Chael is unbelievable lol. He was scared shitless of Wand that day and in the car that time but only waits for either twitter or tv to talk shit. Man if this guy wasn't a fighter he would be the definition of a tough guy when no one is around him. Phone Post 3.0

you're the definition of a moron
You're a faggot and? Phone Post 3.0

he wasn't scared in the car, what's he supposed to do when he's a professional fighter, get in a fight in a car or just take the higher road and not start escalate the situation to a fight? It's fuckin car you idiot, he's not gonna fight in a car
10/3/13 12:53 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

For the love of all thats good in the world.... Please let this fight go down in Portland, Oregon

If it does, I'm flying out there and ordering a mean street pizza, but I might need some homies to have my back in West Lin.

10/3/13 12:54 PM
teamquestnorth

Secureg -
Pitbull3744 - That's okay I know Chael is everyone's hero right now but Wand is a legend and for everyone to love Chael over wand just because u like his shit talking is really sad. Phone Post 3.0
I am also shocked at how people have turned on Silva for a shit talker like ChAel that hasn't done anything close to what Wanderlei has done in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe because he talked shit and then TURNED DOWN THE FIGHT. Who does that? Say what you want about chael but he would never turn down a fight. Phone Post
10/3/13 12:55 PM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No.Hes actually a good fighter and a nice guy too, are you too dumb to see he has a promotional side as well that has done wonders for his career?Say whatever you want about his UFC record, his only losses in years have been to Jones and Silva.

Wand is coming out of this situation looking silly. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 12:55 PM
pennviachoke
1051 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad it didn't go down but MY GOD could you imagine that fight footage if it did happen!! Phone Post
10/3/13 12:59 PM
Aaron Becker

pennviachoke -  I'm glad it didn't go down but MY GOD could you imagine that fight footage if it did happen!! Phone Post

Pettis would have pulled some crazy stuff on a few of them
10/3/13 1:02 PM
garrote
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fraz1001 - If I was Chael I wouldn't give Wandy another second of air time Phone Post 3.0
While I agree, Chael is always setting up a future fight. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.