UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gustafsson Ditches Alliance; Splits w/ Davis

10/3/13 3:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/trainer-eric-del-fierro-weighs-in-on-alexander-gustafssons-split-from-alliance?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Trainer Eric Del Fierro weighs in on Alexander Gustafsson's split from Alliance

"Now I'm in that stage of my career that I will compete three or four times a year, so I can not hold on and go off all the time," Gustafsson told Aftonbladet. "It costs too much and it takes too much time away from my family. It's simply not worth it."

Whatever is on the horizon, Gustafsson said he's as well prepared as ever. He told Aftonbladet that unlike his earlier career, he can now fly sparring partners overseas to Sweden. But it appears one partner might not be making the trip: Davis.

"We do not train with each other as much anymore," Gustafsson said.
10/3/13 3:51 PM
Hikikomori
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was all good just a week ago...

Im shocked Gus cant fly Eric Del Fierro to Sweden for a week or two.

Looks like Gus is ready to fight Davis again.
10/3/13 3:55 PM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's sad, they seemed to be such great bros.

10/3/13 4:04 PM
stevekt
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus is going to wear the same suit Davis wore... Phone Post
10/3/13 4:04 PM
Gary the NoTrash Cougar
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think that theres any bad feelings between them. Probably just means that Gus and Davis are fighting eachother in Sweden.
10/3/13 4:21 PM
John M
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oooo

10/3/13 4:23 PM
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont believe this is a good move Phone Post
10/3/13 4:24 PM
Matrixkick
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gary the NoTrash Cougar - I don't think that theres any bad feelings between them. Probably just means that Gus and Davis are fighting eachother in Sweden.
My thoughts as well. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 4:25 PM
Aaron Becker

Davis gonna choke him out again sometime
10/3/13 4:46 PM
shaqitup
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terrible move IMO Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 4:53 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brool Story Company -

that's sad, they seemed to be such great bros.

I think they still are, but they're going to fight each other soon. Phone Post
10/3/13 5:15 PM
Il Duce
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Del Fiero Alex be the LHW Marinovich BJ Penn? Shit, I hope not. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 5:23 PM
The Brool Story Company

Gus vs Davis II is a dumb fight to make, why break the bromance?

Gus vs Cormier would be way better. Cormier himself said he wanted to fight Jones at 205, seing as how this fight won't happen for another 4 months, and Cormier still needs time to slim down, this would give him plenty of time to diet down to be able to make the cut to 205.

10/3/13 11:42 PM
CRE

With the way Gustaffson fought vs. Jones, money shouldn't be an issue.

Training in the US shouldn't be too costly for Gustaffson, the guy just put on an amazing show. What a gutsy kid and pure class on top of that in defeat. You would think Alex would be rewarded handsomely.

Hopefully taking too much time away from his family was the main motivating factor for the move.
10/4/13 12:07 AM
RockTheVote
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its a rough life to move away from friends and family to train with a group of high caliber fighters. i think hes just saying that hes making enough money now that importing some guys is realistic and he no longer needs to leave home to train. im sure theyre still buddies.

10/4/13 12:15 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alliance seems to be on a roll lately, even chael trained with them for his shogun fight and he looked great. I think this is a bad move...he won't easily find that kind of quality in europe.
10/4/13 12:45 AM
NorthFromHere
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus is a country boy. He just doesn't seem like a guy who would like to live in US or at least on west coast cities like San Diego.
10/4/13 12:52 AM
NorthFromHere
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cutman - 
NorthFromHere - Gus is a country boy. He just doesn't seem like a guy who would like to live in US or at least on west coast cities like San Diego.

Might as well retire if he's only going to sparr with europeans

Did you read the story?
10/4/13 1:04 AM
MMAFriedRice
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as he can get high calibre training partners flown in. Phone Post
10/4/13 2:00 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't really make anything of it," Del Fierro said. "The kid's growing as an athlete in Sweden, and his ability to earn in Sweden is a lot bigger than it is in the U.S. His whole camp has progressed, and that's great. They've got a lot of talent over there, and hopefully, he's getting to a position where he doesn't have to leave his family."
10/4/13 7:13 AM
Hansumboy

He should just move with his family over to the US.
10/4/13 7:20 AM
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - I dont believe this is a good move Phone Post
Nor do I. Guys always leave who got em where they were Phone Post 3.0
10/4/13 7:37 AM
MursSkullForBarnettsThrone
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad idea Phone Post 3.0
10/4/13 8:09 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Cutman - GIVE GUS SOME GOT DAMN MONEY , DANA STOP BEING CHEAP

""It costs too much and it takes too much time away from my family. It's simply not worth it."""
Read the quotes. He said he can now afford to fly people to HIM, Sso he can stay with the family. Phone Post
10/4/13 8:35 AM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably not the best idea but what the fuck do I know?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.