UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis says Ben Askren is thinking about retiring

10/3/13 5:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/statuses/385867752931483648

MMAFighting.com‏ @MMAFighting
Anthony Pettis says Ben Askren is thinking about retiring.

10/3/13 5:22 PM
Burt Reynoldz
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Cole and now this?????

10/3/13 5:25 PM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC offer: We've got some potato chips, and pre-owned El Camino for you! EH? EH?

10/3/13 5:32 PM
da Vinci 81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody's first retirement seems to mean anything these days. When he retires for the third or fourth time then we might actually have seen the last of him. Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 5:33 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/3/13 5:34 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he can fight Fedor in Affliction. Phone Post
10/3/13 5:37 PM
Boxerdog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zedleplin voted up. Hahaha Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 5:43 PM
Uneducated Fool
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - I literally don't think anyone would pay to watch him fight, he could never be a main event guy. Phone Post 3.0

I would. Fights with Diaz, GSP, Koschek, et al interest me.
10/3/13 5:44 PM
Uneducated Fool

Edited: 10/03/13 5:46 PM
Dbl post (@)(@)
10/3/13 5:46 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren vs shields ftw Phone Post
10/3/13 5:52 PM
athsportsnutrition
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recovery Shakes for Combat Athletes

Shit I hope not. I actually like watching Ben Askren most of the time. It's amazing how he can neutralize guys. If he threw in some submissions he'd be a little more exciting but still, guys can't stand back up once they're on the mat with him. I'd love to see him fight some super aggressive guys in the UFC.

10/3/13 5:53 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

athsportsnutrition - 

Shit I hope not. I actually like watching Ben Askren most of the time. It's amazing how he can neutralize guys. If he threw in some submissions he'd be a little more exciting but still, guys can't stand back up once they're on the mat with him. I'd love to see him fight some super aggressive guys in the UFC.

I still think his submissions will come. Leg locks would compliment his game very well.

10/3/13 6:13 PM
jfw jr
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he doesn't retire. I enjoy watching him fight.
10/3/13 6:14 PM
jct71

KOdClowning - I agree with Ben's decision to retire. He is a Champion and has proven everything he set out to accomplish in the sport of Wrestling and MMA. He was one of the greatest amateur wrestlers of all time, and his scrambling style changed wrestling, a sport set in its ways.

He came to Bellator and dominated the division. He is already a better wrestler than GSP ever could be, and would UD Georges at this point in their careers. Georges was getting stuffed by Nick Diaz, Askren would lateral drop GSP on his head.

Askren cleaned out the 170 division. Yes, he could go to the UFC, but it isn't necessary to have a good career anymore. Bellator is on a more popular channel, they have PPV, a better TV Show, and they have a FOX DEAL as well as a SPIKE deal. Bellator MMA has Couture, Rampage, Tito , who is in the UFC again?

8/10 laid it on a little too thick
10/3/13 6:16 PM
Letibleu
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren is really good at what he does. Unfortunately people will not pay to see that thing he is really good at.

Reguardless. Bellator has the big end of the stick on this.

10/3/13 6:16 PM
Nexuscrawlers
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jfw jr - I hope he doesn't retire. I enjoy watching him fight.
This. He's still so young with a lot of potential and an amazing base. It would be a shame if he retires for good. Same with Cole Konrad. Phone Post
10/3/13 6:19 PM
slamming

KOdClowning - I agree with Ben's decision to retire. He is a Champion and has proven everything he set out to accomplish in the sport of Wrestling and MMA. He was one of the greatest amateur wrestlers of all time, and his scrambling style changed wrestling, a sport set in its ways.

He came to Bellator and dominated the division. He is already a better wrestler than GSP ever could be, and would UD Georges at this point in their careers. Georges was getting stuffed by Nick Diaz, Askren would lateral drop GSP on his head.

Askren cleaned out the 170 division. Yes, he could go to the UFC, but it isn't necessary to have a good career anymore. Bellator is on a more popular channel, they have PPV, a better TV Show, and they have a FOX DEAL as well as a SPIKE deal. Bellator MMA has Couture, Rampage, Tito , who is in the UFC again?
Subtlety ain't one of your stronger traits eh? Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 6:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like unless he can make a smooth transition to the UFC he'll just find something else to do. Phone Post
10/3/13 6:21 PM
gogoyoface703

That would really suck. He is an amazing grappler and has beat the shiznit out of his last two opponents to get tko's.
Dude could be top 5 in the UFC imo

Stop playing with this mans future Rebney, just let him go
10/3/13 6:23 PM
FatFrenchFry
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers -
jfw jr - I hope he doesn't retire. I enjoy watching him fight.
This. He's still so young with a lot of potential and an amazing base. It would be a shame if he retires for good. Same with Cole Konrad. Phone Post
WTF? Cole retired?
When was this? Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 6:30 PM
Bruham
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - I literally don't think anyone would pay to watch him fight, he could never be a main event guy. Phone Post 3.0
His personality is what would get people to watch, I actually admire his arrogance, his "fuck you, stop the take down if you don't like it" actually appeals to me . Dude could make an awesome guy you love to hate if he turned it up even more Phone Post
10/3/13 6:34 PM
Chris27

I'm sure his retirement will last about a year.

10/3/13 6:35 PM
devils advocate

he has already accomplished everything you could possibly accomplish in the sport, why not retire at this point

10/3/13 6:47 PM
Sergio88
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see him in the UFC some good matchups for him Maia,Shields,Pierce,Koscheck,Rory Mac,Hendricks,GSP!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
10/3/13 7:23 PM
rockafella

I love watching him fight. Not sure where the blanket comments come from. When does he lay on people? He is always moving and advancing positions. He is like a grappling version of a Diaz brother.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.