UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Watching Roxy cry

10/5/13 11:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Carter
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
Jack Carter - 
phydeau - There was a house full of people there, and ANY ONE OF THEM would have held her until she all cried out.

I really don't think she has any idea how many people love her, or how much.

Except the only thing they offered her was teasing as they dared a guy to use a pick up line on her as a goof. Phone Post 3.0

You need to read her blogs. They weren't setting Roxy up. They were setting the guy up. They had been practicing with Roxy on snappy comebacks to cheesy pickup lines. They wanted to give Roxy a chance to use what she had been practicing.
Yeah, they treat her like a project. "Lets teach the quiet, awkward girl how to interact".

It's no wonder she has to hide behind a wall to cry. Maybe they can start treating her like a human being instead of saying "it's OK because she's the happy warrior" Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 11:29 AM
Kim Jong Uno
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter - 
Steve4192 -
Jack Carter - 
Atkinson -
Jack Carter -
phydeau - There was a house full of people there, and ANY ONE OF THEM would have held her until she all cried out.

Except the only thing they offered her was teasing as they dared a guy to use a pick up line on her as a goof. Phone Post 3.0

True but As expected Rox handled like a champ.. Like a happy warrior would Phone Post 3.0
On a side note, I could tell that she didn't want to be the happy warrior after her defeat. In one of her post fight speeches, she said it really hurts but she'll just put on a happy face about it because she's the happy warrior.

But I could see that she didn't want to. She wanted to be the sad warrior who lost. If only there was someone in the house she felt comfortable enough to drop her guard with, take off the smile and cry on his/her shoulder.

That's what she wanted and needed. Phone Post 3.0

I think you are projecting too much.
I understand her.

Stop assuming she's just a happy warrior. She's a human being with deep emotions. Phone Post 3.0

It's not all that serious homie. Stop assuming that because she's a female that she needed to be cuddled and comforted. Maybe she would have liked that. Who knows. I think that if coddling is really what she wanted from people, she would have sought it out and received it. Respect the words that came from her own mouth, she deserves that much.
10/5/13 11:32 AM
Kim Jong Uno

tecknowledge - I love roxy as a human being. a big role model imo.

roxy i dont care really if you win or lose in your fights, because you win at life. you live in personal freedom and have great inner wisdom.

march on.

Great post, voted up. She is an inspiration indeed and I have learned from her
10/5/13 11:44 AM
Jack Carter
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim Jong Uno -
Jack Carter - 
Steve4192 -
Jack Carter - 
Atkinson -
Jack Carter -

True but As expected Rox handled like a champ.. Like a happy warrior would Phone Post 3.0
On a side note, I could tell that she didn't want to be the happy warrior after her defeat. In one of her post fight speeches, she said it really hurts but she'll just put on a happy face about it because she's the happy warrior.

But I could see that she didn't want to. She wanted to be the sad warrior who lost. If only there was someone in the house she felt comfortable enough to drop her guard with, take off the smile and cry on his/her shoulder.

That's what she wanted and needed. Phone Post 3.0

I think you are projecting too much.
I understand her.

Stop assuming she's just a happy warrior. She's a human being with deep emotions. Phone Post 3.0

It's not all that serious homie. Stop assuming that because she's a female that she needed to be cuddled and comforted. Maybe she would have liked that. Who knows. I think that if coddling is really what she wanted from people, she would have sought it out and received it. Respect the words that came from her own mouth, she deserves that much.
Nothing but respect for her.

That's why I wouldn't view her crying on someone's shoulder as coddling. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 11:54 AM
Kim Jong Uno

Not saying you don't respect her Jack Carter, of course you do. But she's a tough lady. She's lucky to have fans like you who care about her emotional well-being. We could all do a better job of being that shoulder to cry on when someone is down and out
10/5/13 11:58 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
10/5/13 12:04 PM
michaelkaras
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ you couldnt handle it.

pretty disrespectful to post that too
10/5/13 12:10 PM
Jack Carter

Kim Jong Uno - Not saying you don't respect her Jack Carter, of course you do. But she's a tough lady. She's lucky to have fans like you who care about her emotional well-being. We could all do a better job of being that shoulder to cry on when someone is down and out
This is true. I just want to see it happen for her in the house. She's so strong and that happy warrior is in part an armor.

It sucks to see her cry behind the wall. That's her taking the armor off for just a second and the camera made her quickly put it back on.

It just sucks to see. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 12:10 PM
clattymine
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

michaelkaras - ^^^ you couldnt handle it.

pretty disrespectful to post that too

I deleted that clowns stupid comments.
10/5/13 12:27 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Sometimes women do that alone. Shayna was there helping her through it. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 12:54 PM
Poet of Gore

Pitbull3744 - It was fucking bullshit how they snuck up on her. Phone Post 3.0

lol, yeah, fucking reality TV. how dare they try to capture this emotional moment. it should all be horrible pickup lines and dick tucking on camera

10/5/13 12:54 PM
Kim Jong Uno

Muscles82 - Prepare to downvote me. Why do fighters that spend time on this site magically get a pass when it comes to performing? Phil Baroni anyone? Yeah i just saw a thread where someone was excited that he is recovering from his injury and will (again) be the " best eva". Complete nonsense, anyone can see Phil is beyond done.

Roxy had FIVE pro losses in a row before TUF. The fact she has so much experience and a newbie knocked her out shows how wear WMMA is at this point. Im not taking anything away from her as a person, but as a fighter her time has passed. If she gets a fight in the UFC it does all of WMMA a great disservice.

If fighters want to post here, great. But don't develop some kind of creepy infatuation with them that allows you to look past the fact that people like Phil and Roxi are well past their prime and should have retired already. Suck it up, it's true. Phone Post 3.0

They get a pass on this forum sometimes because this forum is for them, not the armchair analysts. The fighters built this forum, and it exists because they exist.

Who are you to say who should retire? That is for the fighter to decide. Roxy is 31 years old. I remember people saying Chuck was finished at 33 when he got smashed by Quinton and Randy, he then put it together and ran off 7 in a row, winning the lhw title and defending it 4 times, treating us to one of the great runs in UFC history. If he listened to people like you we never would have gotten to see that.

I would never count someone out who lives their life in such a positive fashion. She is young enough to put it all together and go on a great run. The experience alone and the energy she is receiving from her fans could do wonders.
10/5/13 1:05 PM
Kim Jong Uno

Edited: 10/05/13 1:06 PM
Also "Muscles", she lost to one of the best female boxers that has ever been, after she won her fight to get into the house against someone whom the UFC deemed talented enough to be there. Do some homework on Jessica Rakoczy, she aint no punk, she's a world champion in her sport. No shame in losing to that caliber of athlete.
10/5/13 1:18 PM
Kim Jong Uno

She's too young and hasn't taken the kind of damage Chuck did, not even close. She deserves every chance that the UFC decides to give her. Nothing about any of her losses lead me to believe that she isn't capable of improving and reclaiming her spot at the top of WMMA.
10/5/13 2:12 PM
Kim Jong Uno

It's all good bro. I don't mean to be cunty and I think there are people out there who should probably hang it up but I don't think Roxy's one of them, she's too young, too focused, her story is far from finished imo
10/5/13 3:22 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Muscles82 - Prepare to downvote me. Why do fighters that spend time on this site magically get a pass when it comes to performing? Phil Baroni anyone? Yeah i just saw a thread where someone was excited that he is recovering from his injury and will (again) be the " best eva". Complete nonsense, anyone can see Phil is beyond done.

Roxy had FIVE pro losses in a row before TUF. The fact she has so much experience and a newbie knocked her out shows how wear WMMA is at this point. Im not taking anything away from her as a person, but as a fighter her time has passed. If she gets a fight in the UFC it does all of WMMA a great disservice.

If fighters want to post here, great. But don't develop some kind of creepy infatuation with them that allows you to look past the fact that people like Phil and Roxi are well past their prime and should have retired already. Suck it up, it's true. Phone Post 3.0
A 13er making a fucktarded post? No...

The new blood in the sport have to build off the old guard, it's not exactly rocket science.. Add in jessica had how many pro boxing fights? She's not exactly a scrub coming in off the street.

So what if roxy had 5 losses? She won her fight to be in the house and deserved to be there based on her merits alone. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 3:54 PM
colubrid1

The fact she was crying in a secluded spot tells how important this was to her.

She just need to get stronger in takedowns(easier said than done)
10/5/13 4:02 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

colubrid1 - The fact she was crying in a secluded spot tells how important this was to her.

She just need to get stronger in takedowns(easier said than done)

I don't think that her is only problem. Her biggest problem IMO is a lack of athleticism. She's a great technician on the mat, and is tougher than a three-dollar steak, but she is a pedestrian athlete. Everyone she fights is going to be quicker, faster, and more explosive than she is.
10/5/13 5:10 PM
Jack Skellington
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made me sad too.
10/5/13 5:12 PM
HexRei

phydeau - and the look of grief & isolation that she gave the camera - It hurt my soul.

yeah i felt so bad for her. not thrilled that they taped that either, she was obviously trying to have some alone time behind the wall and had taken off her mic.
10/5/13 5:25 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roxy is my dream woman. Phone Post
10/5/13 7:55 PM
phydeau
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's fluent in Japanese and comfortable living & training in Japan. UFC could hire her as a scout for bringing in Japanese talent. Or to run a UFC Japan front office.
10/5/13 8:00 PM
PK618
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fobby - Love Roxy but everyone is too nice to tell her she isn't actually good at fighting. Or even bjj for that matter. She won some fights a long time ago when there were no competition for wmma. She is a pioneer for the sport. Awesome girl. Just not a good fighter, which is ok. Not everyone is meant to be a great fighter. It's not an easy thing to do with all the young talent coming up. I think the UFC should hire her for another role other than fighting. I'm sure they could fit her in somewhere. Phone Post 3.0

Well, she is good enough that she won her fight to get in the house.
10/6/13 4:55 PM
Ch1ef
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Count Chocula, lol Phone Post
10/7/13 8:04 AM
armbarring
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fobby - Love Roxy but everyone is too nice to tell her she isn't actually good at fighting. Or even bjj for that matter. She won some fights a long time ago when there were no competition for wmma. She is a pioneer for the sport. Awesome girl. Just not a good fighter, which is ok. Not everyone is meant to be a great fighter. It's not an easy thing to do with all the young talent coming up. I think the UFC should hire her for another role other than fighting. I'm sure they could fit her in somewhere. Phone Post 3.0

I know right! Jennifer Howe was such a can!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.