UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I enjoy Bellator but lets face it...

10/4/13 10:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NastyNate420
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will never compete with the UFC. Bellators champions could come over and be competitive, maybe even win a belt, but lets take it for what it is, a minor league. I enjoy Bellator, but lets not get any grandiose delusions about its existence.
10/4/13 10:36 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the groundbreaking information. Phone Post
10/4/13 10:38 PM
NastyNate420
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 -  Thanks for the groundbreaking information. Phone Post

Yeah, because 99% of the posts in the UG are groundbreaking info.
10/4/13 10:40 PM
MMOZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright. Phone Post 3.0
10/4/13 10:47 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything else to report Captain Ridiculously Fucking Obvious? Phone Post
10/4/13 10:52 PM
dannyapodaca
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit. If they removed the words ufc or bellator 99% of you fags couldnt tell the difference between the fighters. Phone Post
10/4/13 10:52 PM
Sarcasm_Misser
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NastyNate420 - 

Since when? Look at the threads on the first page. Most are mundane discussions of old news.
10/4/13 10:55 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what, the fights are exciting. Isn't that what most of us watch mma for?

10/4/13 10:56 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sarcasm_Misser -
NastyNate420 - 

Since when? Look at the threads on the first page. Most are mundane discussions of old news.
Well played sir, very fucking well played. Almost got me too....lol Phone Post
10/4/13 10:57 PM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one has any illusions or delusions. Its another org, more fights, better for the sport. There is no Pride in todays landscape. But keep in mind, this sport is young. 10 years ago UFC was a shadow of Pride. Who knows what 10 years from now will look like. Dont hold an alliance to an organisation, hold one to the sport because it will grow and change in ways you cant imagine and you will just be disappointed. 

10/4/13 11:25 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

irishrottie -

No one has any illusions or delusions. Its another org, more fights, better for the sport. There is no Pride in todays landscape. But keep in mind, this sport is young. 10 years ago UFC was a shadow of Pride. Who knows what 10 years from now will look like. Dont hold an alliance to an organisation, hold one to the sport because it will grow and change in ways you cant imagine and you will just be disappointed. 

I wouldnt say UFC was a shadow to PRIDE in 2003. They were much closer than UFC/Bellator is or ever will be.

I agree with your point though. MMA is awesome to watch all the way across the boards. Most all Bellator champs would fair pretty well in the UFC, and possibly be title contenders. Phone Post
10/4/13 11:51 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

be a strong number 2 and give fighters options.

That's all I ask for from Bellator.
10/5/13 1:20 AM
Naderhood
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's been some epic fights in Bellator. You guys need to stop with the comparisons and just watch the fights for what they are, fucking MMA fights. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 1:30 AM
mcheezy
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - 

So what, the fights are exciting. Isn't that what most of us watch mma for?

This. vu bruno
10/5/13 1:35 AM
Hocky Balboa
6292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood - There's been some epic fights in Bellator. You guys need to stop with the comparisons and just watch the fights for what they are, fucking MMA fights. Phone Post 3.0

Speaking of fights...LaMontagne would whoop Purdy's ass.

It wouldn't even be close, son.

10/5/13 1:36 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - My girl hates Bellator lol she always says it looks so shitty and she hates the announcer. She loves buffer and when he says FIGHTING haha. Phone Post 3.0
You're in a relationship with mmalogic's mom? Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 1:42 AM
Lebronfloppedhisnutsonmyface
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie -

Good reminder! VU Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 1:47 AM
strict9
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Pitbull3744 - My girl hates Bellator lol she always says it looks so shitty and she hates the announcer. She loves buffer and when he says FIGHTING haha. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe MMAlogic is his girl?
10/5/13 2:03 AM
Ubiquitous
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have exciting fights. It's retarded to bash any organization if you like watching MMA for what it is... Getting caught up in a brand is pretty fucking stupid. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 2:44 AM
Kim Jong Uno
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love watching Bellator, Sean and Jimmy are great on the mic as well. Can't stand that ring announcer though, always sounds like he is going to fuck up and it makes me nervous for him.
10/5/13 6:53 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strict9 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Maybe MMAlogic is his girl?
If true then I have found the most miserable bitch on earth. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 7:52 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - be a strong number 2 and give fighters options.

That's all I ask for from Bellator.

The problems are that 1) it's not a "strong" number 2, just a passable one that has yet to make it into the black, and 2) the option it give fighters is that if you're successful enough in Bellator they will trap you there forever, even if you've fulfilled all the fights on your contract. The UFC, despite their position as the world's premier promotion, does not actually do this (for the record, Randy Couture still had fights on his contract when he tried to leave).

Bellator is not benefiting the sport (or themselves even) the way an ethically run #2 would, which is a shame because their format legitimately helps it stand apart, and their has more talent than they usually get credit for.

10/5/13 7:58 AM
painfulapathy

Bellator has a cheesy lower leagues 'robot wars' feel to it. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 8:24 AM
Bobby Lupo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lavar Johnson was killing guys to death in the UFC. He didn't last one exchange with a non striker before faceplanting in Bellator.
10/5/13 8:31 AM
Gritty
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood - There's been some epic fights in Bellator. You guys need to stop with the comparisons and just watch the fights for what they are, fucking MMA fights. Phone Post 3.0
Only bellator fight I ever watched had some Oreo double stuff eating looking dude fake an eye injury and quit cause they wouldn't let him have a drink of water. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.