UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I enjoy Bellator but lets face it...

10/5/13 8:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FightToLive
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AGREE with..............: dannyapodaca
10/5/13 8:49 AM
apython4u
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sarcasm_Misser -
NastyNate420 - 
smth416 -  Thanks for the groundbreaking information. Phone Post

Yeah, because 99% of the posts in the UG are groundbreaking info.

Since when? Look at the threads on the first page. Most are mundane discussions of old news.
Amazing!! Phone Post
10/5/13 10:12 AM
Naderhood
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
RKing85 - be a strong number 2 and give fighters options.

That's all I ask for from Bellator.

The problems are that 1) it's not a "strong" number 2, just a passable one that has yet to make it into the black, and 2) the option it give fighters is that if you're successful enough in Bellator they will trap you there forever, even if you've fulfilled all the fights on your contract. The UFC, despite their position as the world's premier promotion, does not actually do this (for the record, Randy Couture still had fights on his contract when he tried to leave).

Bellator is not benefiting the sport (or themselves even) the way an ethically run #2 would, which is a shame because their format legitimately helps it stand apart, and their has more talent than they usually get credit for.

This post^ is full of shit Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 10:27 AM
smth416
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood -
Chromium -

The problems are that 1) it's not a "strong" number 2, just a passable one that has yet to make it into the black, and 2) the option it give fighters is that if you're successful enough in Bellator they will trap you there forever, even if you've fulfilled all the fights on your contract. The UFC, despite their position as the world's premier promotion, does not actually do this (for the record, Randy Couture still had fights on his contract when he tried to leave).

Bellator is not benefiting the sport (or themselves even) the way an ethically run #2 would, which is a shame because their format legitimately helps it stand apart, and their has more talent than they usually get credit for.

I honestly hope you have the same opinion in a few years and Bellator doesn't fuck you over as they have other fighters. Phone Post
10/5/13 10:46 AM
MasterofMartialArts
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sarcasm_Misser -
NastyNate420 - 
smth416 -  Thanks for the groundbreaking information. Phone Post

Yeah, because 99% of the posts in the UG are groundbreaking info.

Since when? Look at the threads on the first page. Most are mundane discussions of old news.
Very nice. Almost had me for a second. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 11:13 AM
Tubarao

if you accept that Bellator isn't the "big show" as far as mma is concerned you will see why it is so great. Phone Post
10/5/13 11:28 AM
caposa
1806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you admit that their champions (all of which faced plenty of adversity coming up through the Bellator ranks) could be UFC champions, but yet you choose to call them the minor leagues. That makes absolutely no sense. High level fighters are high level fighters regardless of where they fight.

10/5/13 11:32 AM
Tubarao

caposa -

So you admit that their champions (all of which faced plenty of adversity coming up through the Bellator ranks) could be UFC champions, but yet you choose to call them the minor leagues. That makes absolutely no sense. High level fighters are high level fighters regardless of where they fight.

a lot of champions have had rough starts or lost a few fights before getting into their groove. Phone Post
10/5/13 11:37 AM
dannyapodaca
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gritty -
Naderhood - There's been some epic fights in Bellator. You guys need to stop with the comparisons and just watch the fights for what they are, fucking MMA fights. Phone Post 3.0
Only bellator fight I ever watched had some Oreo double stuff eating looking dude fake an eye injury and quit cause they wouldn't let him have a drink of water. Phone Post 3.0
Dude you are missing out. They put on some great fights. Phone Post
10/5/13 11:38 AM
Kim Jong Uno

Tubarao -  if you accept that Bellator isn't the "big show" as far as mma is concerned you will see why it is so great. Phone Post

Good post. Yall should just watch fights for god's sake and stop worrying about whose business is more successful
10/5/13 11:45 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
mcheezy - 
BrunoMcGyver - 

So what, the fights are exciting. Isn't that what most of us watch mma for?

This. vu bruno

VU for the both of you.
10/5/13 11:48 AM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like turtles. Phone Post
10/5/13 12:15 PM
Gritty
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyapodaca -
Gritty -
Naderhood - There's been some epic fights in Bellator. You guys need to stop with the comparisons and just watch the fights for what they are, fucking MMA fights. Phone Post 3.0
Only bellator fight I ever watched had some Oreo double stuff eating looking dude fake an eye injury and quit cause they wouldn't let him have a drink of water. Phone Post 3.0
Dude you are missing out. They put on some great fights. Phone Post
Nah, after seeing that chubby bald guy roll around the cage for 10 minutes I couldn't eat for a week. Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 12:29 PM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THey have some really good guys over there. They aren't as deep and don't have as many top guys but they aren't some tiny org. They have tv deals inked and a nice crop of fighters. I like watching some of their events.

And it's great for fighters to have options outside of the ufc. This an important thing for fighters. Phone Post
10/5/13 5:39 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - My girl hates Bellator lol she always says it looks so shitty and she hates the announcer. She loves buffer and when he says FIGHTING haha. Phone Post 3.0
Are you fucking my girl bro? This is exactly what my chick says lol Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 7:43 PM
Brandonbrazell

ufc fans desperately want a zuffa ran mma monarchy for some reason, a lot of people shit on bellator just because its not ufc or try to belittle it because they desperately want to be in the in crowd or something. all im saying is mma fans support mma not the bald white guys running mma.
10/5/13 7:50 PM
Brandonbrazell

NastyNate420 - It will never compete with the UFC. Bellators champions could come over and be competitive, maybe even win a belt, but lets take it for what it is, a minor league. I enjoy Bellator, but lets not get any grandiose delusions about its existence.

minor leagues lol! bellator only been around like 5 years and its got every major tv deal ufc has ever had, it also have top ranked fighter so who's delusional? Bellator is major league bro the only differents between ufc and bellator is ufc has ufc fans and bellator has mma fans.
10/5/13 8:46 PM
MillhouseMMA
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but that Mercedes Terrell... Phone Post 3.0
10/5/13 8:53 PM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim Jong Uno -
Tubarao -  if you accept that Bellator isn't the "big show" as far as mma is concerned you will see why it is so great. Phone Post

Good post. Yall should just watch fights for god's sake and stop worrying about whose business is more successful
This, some people complain for the dumbest reasons. If u aren't watching Bellator, you're missing out. Phone Post
10/5/13 9:18 PM
JStrongMMA
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm willing to bet 95% of the people here that talk shit on Bellator have either not watched the product or they have and never gave it a fair shake. There is a lot of young, hungry talent in Bellator. The fights are very exciting. Are they at the UFC's level? Of course not but they are a young company with plenty of time and resources to grow. Being "Team UFC" is fucking retarded. They put on free fights every Friday. Just enjoy it and don't be so cynical. Phone Post
10/6/13 12:43 AM
Strykr619

JStrongMMA -  I'm willing to bet 95% of the people here that talk shit on Bellator have either not watched the product or they have and never gave it a fair shake. There is a lot of young, hungry talent in Bellator. The fights are very exciting. Are they at the UFC's level? Of course not but they are a young company with plenty of time and resources to grow. Being "Team UFC" is fucking retarded. They put on free fights every Friday. Just enjoy it and don't be so cynical. Phone Post

Still doesn't change the fact that it comes off as feeling "amateurish" . Firstly they should have hired "Good night Irene" Micheal Schiavello to be the color commentator and them cross promoting with TNA wrestling IMO was a bad move. Like it or not it starts to being into question MMA's legitimacy. It's one thing to have a former "wrastler" become an MMA fighter, its another to have ACTIVE MMA FIGHTERS on a "sports entertainment" show.

At least some of the fights are entertaining, use to love the tournament format but Bellator themselves are undercutting their own belts.

Will see how their first PPV turns out.
10/6/13 1:50 AM
Beefy Wellington

This just in! Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 1:54 AM
Chromium
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood -
Chromium -

A well reasoned argument. Care to elaborate what's wrong with it? If you have an actual rebuttal I'm open-minded. Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 2:23 AM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First_Time_Long_Time - 
dannyapodaca -  Bullshit. If they removed the words ufc or bellator 99% of you fags couldnt tell the difference between the fighters. Phone Post

Dude, you are smoking some really good stuff.

Most of Bellator's talent is terrible. It is worse than watching the Tuff fights to get into the house.

My girlfriend was laughing her ass off while watching some of the fights last night because the fighters were so bad.

It is fun to watch, but the skill level is no where near the UFC.

Just calling it as it is...

paid poster
10/6/13 2:32 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
503 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ people hating on bellator then trying to act like they're a fan of the sport. Just admit you're a UFC fan, and that's all you'll watch. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.