UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I enjoy Bellator but lets face it...

10/6/13 2:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ people hating on bellator then trying to act like they're a fan of the sport. Just admit you're a UFC fan, and that's all you'll watch. Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 2:51 AM
Galt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at account dates. Protip from a pro.
10/6/13 5:14 AM
CindyO

GayGuardMooseSaucy - LOL @ people hating on bellator then trying to act like they're a fan of the sport. Just admit you're a UFC fan, and that's all you'll watch. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU and I think you're probably right. Perhaps they'd like to be more specific- WHICH fights did they NOT like... and WHY?

Cindy

10/6/13 5:22 AM
thatcpjguy

NastyNate420 - It will never compete with the UFC. Bellators champions could come over and be competitive, maybe even win a belt, but lets take it for what it is, a minor league. I enjoy Bellator, but lets not get any grandiose delusions about its existence.
After what hector Lombard has done there is zero reason to believe that success in bellator can translate to the UFC. This crossover stuff only worked with the pride/UFC comparison.

That comparison worked because pride was the top MMA organization and then their guys filtered into the UFC. They were the vets, the more polished fighters, the legends this sport was built on.

However, Strikeforce and bellator were always second rate promotions with less talented fighters so that's why those guys for the most part are not finding success when they make it to the big show. Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 8:49 AM
Nexuscrawlers
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatcpjguy -
NastyNate420 - It will never compete with the UFC. Bellators champions could come over and be competitive, maybe even win a belt, but lets take it for what it is, a minor league. I enjoy Bellator, but lets not get any grandiose delusions about its existence.
After what hector Lombard has done there is zero reason to believe that success in bellator can translate to the UFC. This crossover stuff only worked with the pride/UFC comparison.

That comparison worked because pride was the top MMA organization and then their guys filtered into the UFC. They were the vets, the more polished fighters, the legends this sport was built on.

However, Strikeforce and bellator were always second rate promotions with less talented fighters so that's why those guys for the most part are not finding success when they make it to the big show. Phone Post 3.0
Hector Lombard KOd a top ten guy and had 2 close losses where he gave top ten fighters very tough fights.

And lookt at Wilson Reis, he got cut by Bellator and just beat a legit UFC guy at 135.
The idea that everyone in the UFC is miles ahead of anyone outside is rubbish. Tons of guys in Bellator train right alongside guys in the UFC. Yes the UFC has the vast majority of the top guys, but everything outside the top ten in each division is all over the place. Phone Post
10/6/13 9:11 AM
BubblesNS
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyapodaca - Bullshit. If they removed the words ufc or bellator 99% of you fags couldnt tell the difference between the fighters. Phone Post
Why are you here then? For one percent who aren't fags? Must be cool to be better than everyone else Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 12:18 PM
flonman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I hate college football because its not as good as NFL. Thanks OP freed up my Saturdays!
10/6/13 12:29 PM
JStrongMMA
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatcpjguy -

Oh..so Strikeforce was a second rate promotion? Do me a favor and check the UFC rankings and count how many top ten guys came from Strikeforce. Diaz, Melendez, Thompson, Jacare, Lockhold, Mousasi, Barnett and DC are right off the top of my head so I know I am missing some. This erroneous notion that the UFC holds all of the talent in MMA has been proven to be wrong. They hold most but not all. Phone Post
10/6/13 5:29 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First_Time_Long_Time -
Winston Wolf - 
First_Time_Long_Time - 
dannyapodaca -  Bullshit. If they removed the words ufc or bellator 99% of you fags couldnt tell the difference between the fighters. Phone Post

Dude, you are smoking some really good stuff.

Most of Bellator's talent is terrible. It is worse than watching the Tuff fights to get into the house.

My girlfriend was laughing her ass off while watching some of the fights last night because the fighters were so bad.

It is fun to watch, but the skill level is no where near the UFC.

Just calling it as it is...

paid poster

Bah ha ha....

A paid poster with all of 12 posts. You are a keyboard moron. 35000 + posts. Get off the computer and get in the gym and train. Clearly you have no idea what you are watching.

What fight specifically was your gf "laughing her ass off" over? Sounds like you're basing your opinion off of hers... And that'd just be bitch made shit bro. Phone Post
10/6/13 5:49 PM
Dana Stern

UFC is way better and would much rather watch any of their cards then Bellator. Bellator certainly has put on good fights but its usually between unknown fighters that you know nothing about. Of course everyone has to start somewhere but not as a co/main event. UFC cards you know how important the fights are who is who and who is just coming on the scene a lot of the time by placement on the card. Phone Post
10/6/13 6:15 PM
JStrongMMA
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern - UFC is way better and would much rather watch any of their cards then Bellator. Bellator certainly has put on good fights but its usually between unknown fighters that you know nothing about. Of course everyone has to start somewhere but not as a co/main event. UFC cards you know how important the fights are who is who and who is just coming on the scene a lot of the time by placement on the card. Phone Post
That's why the tournament format works for Bellator. The fights are significant because they all lead to a title shot. The reason for the lack of star power in Bellator is because the company is young as is much of their talent. It gives you the opportunity to see these fighters grow and progess. No one is disputing the UFC has the star power and their talent pool is much larger. People that say the fights are bad and all the fighters are terrible don't know what the fuck they are talking about. I'm sticking up for Bellator because I am a fan of the sport and enjoy both promotions immensely. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.