UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor Belfort NOT on official Carlson BB List

10/7/13 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheGlassPrison79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://carlsongraciefederation.com/blackbelts.html

Even with a google search, I actually cannot find who actually gave Vitor his black belt. I know that he had often trained with the Carlson Gracie team BUT did Carlson Sr. promote Vitor Belfort?

Does anyone have definitive proof, since as I understand it, that list is the absolute official list. There are others floating around the internet like on Rio Grappling where the list is obviously incomplete.
10/7/13 5:17 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 5:20 PM
teamquestnorth

Interesting Phone Post
10/7/13 5:30 PM
TheGlassPrison79

Now that I did just a little digging, I am starting to see that Vitor may have been one of those guys you heard about leaving Brazil a blue belt/purple belt and coming to USA a black belt. [http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=1762634&page=1]

So who was it that promoted Vitor to black belt, if possibly prematurely? If he was left off of Carlson Sr's master list, I am curious who promoted him.

10/7/13 5:32 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It in fact was Carlson. But Vitor might have pulled some creonte shit and Carlson kicked him off the list. Brazilians hold grudges.
10/7/13 5:33 PM
absolutesperry
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we know the true answer here... Yes God gave Vitor his black belts. *ahmen* Phone Post 3.0
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But...but... But he almost submitted Jones via armbar! Phone Post 3.0
Malvert the Janitor
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 5:34 PM
teamquestnorth

I think when he fought john hess at superbrawl in his 1 fight before the ufc he was known as victor gracie. Maybe when he changed his name back to belfort it caused a riff in their relationship and left him off the master list? Phone Post
10/7/13 5:34 PM
Malvert the Janitor
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 5:35 PM
MagSlim

sockeye - But...but... But he almost submitted Jones via armbar! Phone Post 3.0
That armbar wasn't BB level, clearly. Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 5:36 PM
atma
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, i'm just gunna take a sit over here..

http://cheezburger.com/7080252928
10/7/13 5:37 PM
TheGlassPrison79

cheesesteak - It in fact was Carlson. But Vitor might have pulled some creonte shit and Carlson kicked him off the list. Brazilians hold grudges.

Do you know for sure? Everybody that Carlson had beef with, some severe beef with, still remain on the master list that is on his Federation's offical website.

Guys like Allan Goes, Renato Tavares, Mario Sperry, Murilo Bustamante, Luis Duarte, Conan Silveira, Ricardo Liborio, etc are all people who are still on that list but Carlson had problems with.
10/7/13 6:59 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGlassPrison79 - 
cheesesteak - It in fact was Carlson. But Vitor might have pulled some creonte shit and Carlson kicked him off the list. Brazilians hold grudges.

Do you know for sure? Everybody that Carlson had beef with, some severe beef with, still remain on the master list that is on his Federation's offical website.

Guys like Allan Goes, Renato Tavares, Mario Sperry, Murilo Bustamante, Luis Duarte, Conan Silveira, Ricardo Liborio, etc are all people who are still on that list but Carlson had problems with.

I guess i really can't say that I know for sure but I do remember in the early UFC's when Carlson used to walk Vitor out all the announcers always said he was a Carlson Gracie BB. i can't see who else could have given it to him and if Carlson didn't approve i doubt he's walk Vitor out in the first place. It could have also been from the heat given to him by the family from giving him a purple then a black less than a year later. Can't say for sure but Carlson most certainly didn't object to Vitor having a black belt when he first hit the MMA scence
10/7/13 7:21 PM
Buckle

He's a black belt man!!! No doubt in my mind. He's been doing jits for years and been fighting in every top organisation, I'm sure if he was lying it would of come out in his fights and sure one of his opponents would have taken great pleasure in bringing this to publics attention ! Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 8:15 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round - Lol. Why? It has been spoken about in depth in various threads here over the years.

The name part is true. Some family members didn't like him using the Gracie name.

The fact he uses TRT now and won't fight in the states due to not being granted an exemption is true.

The reason he is not granted an exemption is because he has a previous history of banned substance use, and they believe it is the reason he is now in need of TRT. Steroids lead to low natural testos. Also true.

So what part was bullshit? Phone Post
That doesn't really have anything to do with who or how Vitor got his black belt. Phone Post
10/7/13 8:32 PM
Malvert the Janitor

Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 8:49 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Ten eight round - Lol. Why? It has been spoken about in depth in various threads here over the years.

The name part is true. Some family members didn't like him using the Gracie name.

The fact he uses TRT now and won't fight in the states due to not being granted an exemption is true.

The reason he is not granted an exemption is because he has a previous history of banned substance use, and they believe it is the reason he is now in need of TRT. Steroids lead to low natural testos. Also true.

So what part was bullshit? Phone Post
That doesn't really have anything to do with who or how Vitor got his black belt. Phone Post
I know. I never said it did. I originally answered the person who commented on his previous name of 'Victor Gracie'. Phone Post
"Maybe when he changed his name back to belfort it caused a riff in their relationship and left him off the master list?"

What exactly does steroids have to do with this question? I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily. It just has nothing to do with this thread, and you posted 2 little rants about it without anyone saying anything that has to do with his ped use. Phone Post
10/7/13 8:56 PM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to dojo storm....who is leading the charge?
10/7/13 9:02 PM
graciesrule

Carlson promoted him from purple to black belt, skipping brown.
10/7/13 9:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

graciesrule - Carlson promoted him from purple to black belt, skipping brown.
Think I heard that, wasn't it controversial at the time? Vitor has jumped around so many camps, wouldn't surprise me if somebody took him off the list Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 9:25 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue Balls list?
10/7/13 9:30 PM
Baboo Baby
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
10/7/13 9:59 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
And these are the Days Of Our MMA Lives...
10/7/13 10:17 PM
MagSlim

If mma media were real media and they didn't all dicktuck and strive to keep their credentials they would just ask him. And then ask him why he's not on Carlson's site. And then ask him why even though he's not so many other people Carlson has beef with are still on there.

That will never happen.

Looking at you crooklyn, Josh Gross, Ariel, every-fucking-body. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.