UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan getting Connor on the podcast. Hooray!

10/8/13 8:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Mango @JakeMango27 6 Oct u must get on the podcast!!!

Joe Rogan @joerogan 6 Oct  working on it!

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA 4h Looking forward to it Joe!!

Powerful!!!

10/8/13 9:21 AM
neddac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

I suppose we shouldn’t really discuss it here, as Joe’s a reader, but I’ve always wanted to see a witty Irishman bring him back around. Unfortunately, I think McGregor’s going play into the exact stereotype that Joe has in his head for we Irish, that of a muck savage with little to add, intellectually speaking. Hope I’m wrong.
10/8/13 9:27 AM
Taz Styles
3165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be good.

10/8/13 9:32 AM
goocher
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

I suppose we shouldn’t really discuss it here, as Joe’s a reader, but I’ve always wanted to see a witty Irishman bring him back around. Unfortunately, I think McGregor’s going play into the exact stereotype that Joe has in his head for we Irish, that of a muck savage with little to add, intellectually speaking. Hope I’m wrong.

You are wrong.

10/8/13 9:35 AM
JStrongMMA

neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

It's weird that you would think that because Conor comes off as a pretty well spoken and intelligent young man, imo. Phone Post
10/8/13 9:35 AM
neddac

Just re-read the above, far too negative. I'm sure McGregor will be one of the best JREs in a while but I'm right on Joe's disregard for the Irish. Any fan of the podcast will have picked up on it.

10/8/13 9:36 AM
kid chaos
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goocher -
neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

You are wrong.

I hope so aswell. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 9:40 AM
neddac

neddac - Just re-read the above, far too negative. I'm sure McGregor will be one of the best JREs in a while but I'm right on Joe's disregard for the Irish. Any fan of the podcast will have picked up on it.

Yeah, I agree, he is witty. He'll bang the Irish Drum, watch Rogan's reaction.

I'm not saying he's wrong. Anyone in that situation would be the same but I suppose we'd like to claim him as our own once in a while, given he's half Irish with an Irish surname.

Again, I re-iterate, this isn't a big deal and I won’t argue with anyone about it, it’s just something I've picked up on. Kinda sorry I brought it up.
10/8/13 9:48 AM
shaqitup
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/13 9:48 AM
neddac - 
neddac - Just re-read the above, far too negative. I'm sure McGregor will be one of the best JREs in a while but I'm right on Joe's disregard for the Irish. Any fan of the podcast will have picked up on it.

I'm not saying he's wrong. Anyone in that situation would be the same but I suppose we'd like to claim him as our own once in a while, given he's half Irish with an Irish surname.

Again, I re-iterate, this isn't a big deal and I won’t argue with anyone about it, it’s just something I've picked up on. Kinda sorry I brought it up.

i don't know about that, rogan just seems to be a firm believer of stereotypes.

He talks about italians a lot more than irish, and it's usually in a somewhat negative way.

Either that or he's just joking, he is a comedian afteral.

10/8/13 9:49 AM
Cosuir

Cant wait for the his.. massive fan of the podcast and Conor so we should be in for a treat. Im also Irish but I dont think joe has bad vibes on us.. he can only go by experience's and the usual stereotypes.. he toured ireland years back.. I cant remember with what comedian.. an American livin in ireland anyway.

Bring on the Notorious one. Good shout Mr Rogan Phone Post
10/8/13 9:51 AM
Cosuir

I think he toured with des bishop (if anyone cares lol) Phone Post
10/8/13 9:58 AM
neddac

shaqitup - 
neddac - 

i don't know about that, rogan just seems to be a firm believer of stereotypes.

He talks about italians a lot more than irish, and it's usually in a somewhat negative way.

Either that or he's just joking, he is a comedian afteral.

Agreed.
10/8/13 9:58 AM
JStrongMMA

I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:05 AM
neddac

Edited: 10/08/13 10:10 AM
"I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No, not negative, just a bit more dismissive than the norm for an American with Irish ancestry. (Now there's a stereotype!!)

Apologies, I didn't word my first post very well.
10/8/13 10:07 AM
neddac

Edited: 10/08/13 10:06 AM
Whoops Double Post
10/8/13 10:10 AM
TheHebrewHammer
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will need closed captioning for this ep Phone Post
10/8/13 10:16 AM
neddac

Should be a few funny stories from Conor's youth around Dublin.
10/8/13 10:18 AM
ChaosOverkill
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neddac - "I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No, not negative, just a bit more dismissive than the norm for an American with Irish ancestry. (Now there's a stereotype!!)

I thought I've heard Joe basically be dismissive of caring about heritage entirely not just his own Irish one.

10/8/13 10:24 AM
SN moved to conspiracy ground
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe didn't seem too upset when Conor draped that tri-colour around him. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 10:50 AM
JStrongMMA

neddac - "I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No..it's cool. I'm not Irish nor am I offended. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:52 AM
goocher
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SN moved to conspiracy ground - Joe didn't seem too upset when Conor draped that tri-colour around him. Phone Post 3.0

Just had  visions of Joe taking the flag off his back, ripping it in half, throwing it to the ground, and spitting on it. 

10/8/13 10:53 AM
neddac

JStrongMMA - 
neddac - "I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No..it's cool. I'm not Irish nor am I offended. Phone Post

:)
10/8/13 10:54 AM
Bwatermyfren
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be good. Looking forward to hearing it!

I also think people might see a more humble side of Conor.

Only if they don't talk MMA for the whole podcast!ha

Either way it'll be a good oul convo! Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:25 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah the only thing I can think of him saying that could be perceived as negative toward us Irish is that the food over here is bad , the women are ugly and the norther Irish are hard to understand.

And as a man from northern Ireland he's right on the money for the most part (there are some fantastic looking women, but sometimes they do just look like a guy has decided to wear his sisters clothes).
10/8/13 11:42 AM
Switchheadkick
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JMO_LOL - 209 Phone Post
Where you at? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.