UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Silva Did Not Look Happy with Thiago!

10/8/13 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/08/13 6:33 PM

Thiago came in @ 208 and told him he would not try to shed the last 2 pounds.

10/8/13 6:19 PM
ipponssting
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiago is getting his papers if he loses. No doubt about it. In fact I think it's quite tactical of him to opt out of having to make the weight and forfeiting cash. Hammils only chance is to control him en route to a decision, so why exhaust himself trying to squeeze off the last bit of weight? Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 6:35 PM
Letibleu
1473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ipponssting - Thiago is getting his papers if he loses. No doubt about it. In fact I think it's quite tactical of him to opt out of having to make the weight and forfeiting cash. Hammils only chance is to control him en route to a decision, so why exhaust himself trying to squeeze off the last bit of weight? Phone Post 3.0

I think it's the helicopter rides he was taking all week with the Blackzilians... How can a fighter focus on weight cutting in a helicopter?

10/8/13 6:55 PM
FightToLive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's your job as a Professional to make weight?
10/8/13 6:59 PM
angryguy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does not look good for thiago. I hope hammil pulls off the upset Phone Post
10/8/13 7:06 PM
SickEyeDiaz
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wins, it will be forever tainted! Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 8:13 PM
Richard Tuck
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^go home Jimmy Phone Post
10/8/13 8:13 PM
Kerouac

KOdClowning - These fighters know better than to fight Matt Hammill straight up. Mark Munoz tried that and got his head kicked off into the 3rd row by Lumpinee Champ Matt Hamill.

Jon Jones wasn't going to take those chances with Matt Hammill. Matt has a deadly guard game, so Jon Jones resorted to illegal techniques. Matt Hamill finished Jones moments later, and the ref raised Matt Hammills hand as the victor.

Thiago Silva had to jump up to heavyweight to make it a fair fight against Hammill. I don't know if Thiago was cutting from 265 like Brock does, but he is definitely up there. I think Hamill will overcome the weight advantage and use his K-1 skills - Matt Hasmmill by Headkick, Rd 2

You suck at whatever it is you're trying. Seriously, cut it out before you hurt yourself.
10/8/13 8:37 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we can agree if Thiago loses now, he's done in the UFC. However, even if he wins, he's guaranteed that he could be cut immediately with another loss. He has two failed failed drug tests and now one missed weigh-in where we wouldn't even try to cut the rest of it. What's more, if he wins, whoever his next opponent will be someone on the brink so Thiago might be cut even off a win if he misses weight again.

10/9/13 3:16 AM
Il Duce
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet he's cut win or lose, unless he wins by spectacular and dazzling Belfort spinning KO shit. If he gasses early, or shows any weakness I bet he gets the can. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 3:24 AM
Blunderhooks
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce - I bet he's cut win or lose, unless he wins by spectacular and dazzling Belfort spinning KO shit. If he gasses early, or shows any weakness I bet he gets the can. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think they can cut you after a win can they? Per the contract, I mean. Or does he only have one fight left? Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:07 AM
Bucephalus

Exaggerated thread title. Joe was obviously not happy, but he was cool about it.
10/9/13 4:25 AM
tonytr

With the exception of Khabib, I've never seen a fighter miss weight and then win his fight. Thinking Hammil might have this now.
10/9/13 5:51 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Little Axe Murderer - 
Kerouac -
KOdClowning - These fighters know better than to fight Matt Hammill straight up. Mark Munoz tried that and got his head kicked off into the 3rd row by Lumpinee Champ Matt Hamill.

Jon Jones wasn't going to take those chances with Matt Hammill. Matt has a deadly guard game, so Jon Jones resorted to illegal techniques. Matt Hamill finished Jones moments later, and the ref raised Matt Hammills hand as the victor.

Thiago Silva had to jump up to heavyweight to make it a fair fight against Hammill. I don't know if Thiago was cutting from 265 like Brock does, but he is definitely up there. I think Hamill will overcome the weight advantage and use his K-1 skills - Matt Hasmmill by Headkick, Rd 2

You suck at whatever it is you're trying. Seriously, cut it out before you hurt yourself.
Actually I found this one funny, and no I'm not a fake account, it's the only time I found his trolling funny Phone Post 3.0

I also found this funny, especially the Jones part.
10/9/13 6:59 AM
TartanArmy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

Thiago came in @ 208 and told him he would not try to shed the last 2 pounds.

Lol at the pic. Vu. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 7:23 AM
BubblesNS
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightToLive - It's your job as a Professional to make weight?
Yes, it absolutely is. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 7:31 AM
downunderground
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell is going on at that blackzillian camp.. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 8:52 AM
Hikikomori

Shitting on the Blackzilians when a camp like ATT is notorious for having its fighters miss weight. Phone Post
10/9/13 9:01 AM
Card
1794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone on Sherdog said Thiago tried cutting the last 2 pounds for about 45 min and then gave up giving 25% of his purse.

10/9/13 9:20 AM
Ramy Daoud
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anthony Johnson has missed weight and went on to win fights before iirc Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:07 AM
rexthedog

As did thiago alvez (vs Hughes, maybe once more?) Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:36 AM
Bendo's#1beezy

I believe Silva gets the ko late first round just before he gasses. Hammil is then Released by the ufc to be picked up by bellator. He will win a few boring fights and ultimately lose once he gets a top contender fight. Phone Post
10/9/13 10:37 AM
Bendo's#1beezy

Silvas career will then go on to fight machida again lose again and be cut within one or two losses after. Phone Post
10/9/13 10:38 AM
Bendo's#1beezy

- career don't know why I added that lol Phone Post
10/9/13 10:52 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The question I am not seeing is, "What happens if he wins?"

And to me, it means he's beaten Rafael Cavalcante and Hamill.

Khabib missed weight a fight ago, and he's poised to be fighting a Top 5 guys soon.

Thiago's many past-sins aside, he wins impressively and you're looking at him vs Lil Nog in Brazil.

Just my two cents.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.