UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown: Obama has no empathy for troops

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10/8/13 10:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
909 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight Matt Brown took some time out of his preparation for his fight with former interim champ Carlos Condit at UFC on Fox 9 on Dec. 14, 2013, in Sacramento, Calif. to speak with bizpacreview.com. It was announced recently that the Armed Forces Network wouldn’t be showing NFL and MLB games as a result of the government shutdown; Brown was not impressed.

Bizpacreview.com has the story.

“I have the highest respect for our soldiers and wish all the best for them," said Brown. "Apparently, Obama thinks differently. Our soldiers should be treated with respect and should not be subject to the downfalls of the American political system. It’s very disheartening to hear that our soldiers are suffering even more than usual because our politicians can not agree on anything. The last people that should suffer is them. Again, Obama thinks differently. I wish the troops the best and hope I can make a difference in getting some entertainment back to them.”

"The president... needs a reality check. He should go serve for a year in the Middle East and see firsthand what it is like to be there. Obviously, he has no clue and no empathy for these men and women.”

The UFC has a history of holding events in cooperation with a US military base. UFC: Fight for the Troops 3 on November 6, 2013 at Fort Campbell in Fort Campbell, Kentucky will be the fourth. The shows have raised millions for military prersonnel. In 2009 White was awarded the Armed Forces Humanitarian Award.

10/8/13 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Qannebiss
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before megathread. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:46 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

I dont think many presidents have had empathy for soldiers...or we most likely wouldn't fight in so many meaningless wars.  

10/8/13 10:47 PM
AZGnP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this whole thing not really the long legged Mack-daddy's fault? Pretty sure it's congress' fuck up this time. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:48 PM
DallasVanWinkle

Ridiculous.

Obamacare is part of our law. Republicans in congress held government hostage by saying it must be delayed for government to continue. Certainly not Obama's fault.
10/8/13 10:48 PM
AZGnP

Reggie Warren Jr -

I dont think many presidents have had empathy for soldiers...or we most likely wouldn't fight in so many meaningless wars.  

Ain't that the fucking truth. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:50 PM
TtoMyJ14
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DallasVanWinkle - Ridiculous.

Obamacare is part of our law. Republicans in congress held government hostage by saying it must be delayed for government to continue. Certainly not Obama's fault.

I didnt know Obama posted here
10/8/13 10:53 PM
Qannebiss
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qannebiss - In before megathread. Phone Post
I expected a quick explosion, but it didn't happen. I still think this one will be long. Phone Post
10/8/13 10:55 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 

And that's why I like you....And would let you buy me a beer.

10/8/13 11:02 PM
Kick Boxe
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be more broad, the government doesn't give a fuck about anyone that isn't the head of a megacorporation

10/8/13 11:04 PM
Snarf2000
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DallasVanWinkle - Ridiculous.

Do you know how I know which news channel you watch? Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:05 PM
Jacare's_Thunder_Buddy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 

Wow, Reggie on the serious tip

10/8/13 11:06 PM
sa80teur
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_granite007 -
Reggie Warren Jr - 

And that's why I like you....And would let you buy me a beer.

VU for the brotherly love :) Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:09 PM
TheBoognish

By Obama he must mean Boehner. Simple mistake on Matt's part. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:11 PM
Ray Cappa

Wonder if Matt Brown can name his representatives? Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:13 PM
Mix6APlix

Thanks Obama. Phone Post
10/8/13 11:19 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

War Matt brown! Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:20 PM
Kim Jong Uno
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right and wrong at the same time. I think the troops should be given every concession possible to protect them from the idiotic governmental fuckery that happens on the mainland. He's wrong for assigning one man that blame.

Give the troops their sports.
10/8/13 11:20 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

And the people with their heads in the sand come flowing in. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:21 PM
Kim Jong Uno
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I hope Matt Brown gets starched
10/8/13 11:25 PM
Vincanni
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its shit like this which makes me wish fighters never mentioned politics. Fighters are obviously not noted for their intelligence and considering siding with one political party pretty much alienates you to half the population its a lose lose situation.

I'm fairly moderate myself and while I agree no president understands the plight of a soldier, but isn't Obama urging the private sector to hire veterans and pulling troops out of war zones that "W" started? I'm a big Matt Brown fan and still am despite these ignorant comments, but I really wish he'd just kept his mouth shut. No one cares about an athletes political beliefs.
10/8/13 11:28 PM
JimmersonzGlove
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like an informed opinion lol Phone Post
10/8/13 11:29 PM
wpipes
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad that if someone from the south doesn't care for Obama, his ethics or his policies...then they are either racist or uneducated. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:30 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First page? Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 11:32 PM
MdGeist

I still support Matt and his ignorant comments. Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.