UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Info request on BRUTAL dojo beating

10/10/13 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
catchysignature
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

V

10/10/13 2:44 PM
Damaynevent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucked up. To say the homeless guy didn't have any training, he was hanging in there and was pretty much winning. He only loss because he tried to stop. Something tells whether he beat the guy or not, they were going to kick his ass before it was all said and done anyway. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 2:45 PM
Damaynevent

Fucked up. To say the homeless guy didn't have any training, he was hanging in there and was pretty much winning. He only loss because he tried to stop. Something tells whether he beat the guy or not, they were going to kick his ass before it was all said and done anyway. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 3:46 PM
fedor99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well we aren't getting the real story on this. Not sure if that guy was homeless, but I know that he had martial arts training. For him to mention kata & have fluid movement with his kicks like that, he had training. The problem is that he was going against someone that probably outweighed him by 50 pounds & was determined to actually hurt him while the skinny guy just looked like he wanted to put on a show & defend himself.

Also if the video was from 1984, it would make sense not to release it until several years later to avoid serious assault charges being brought against the karate guy (regardless if the skinny guy wanted to press charges or not). There was probably a statue of limitations time period that expired after a certain period.

To say that he had no martial arts training is dumb though.
10/10/13 4:10 PM
quality

It's possible the guy did or didn't have training. Just because the guy mentioned kata and fluid movement doesn't mean shit. When I was a kid I read Black Belt magazine and watched Kung Fu and Karate movies, I knew about both of those things when I was about 10 with no training. I'm sure I could do some bullshit kung fu or karate with no training whatsoever. His kicks did look pretty decent though.
10/10/13 4:42 PM
fedor99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You might be able to fake a few movements if you have some athletic ability & watch someone correctly perform them, but those movements were too fluid not to practice them properly & a homeless guy is definitely not going to be working hard practicing his movements. If I had to guess, I'd say he had a Tae Kwon Do or Kung Fu related background. The 'no training' story was probably made up to make the karate guy seem even more brutal than he already is.
10/10/13 6:26 PM
Kolsyrade
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neonbelly - For everyone who missed it on the first page, here's an article from '09 that dispells all the myths.

The guy lived, and Bobby Joe Blythe now has no legs because of diabeetus.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/30/AR2009083002251_2.html

Also, the guy doing the beating is reportedly in prison for life for a later crime. I do not have a source handy, however, as I just remember it from a newsreport published in connection to this story being debated on all MA and MMA sites a few years ago.

10/10/13 6:58 PM
Mookie 3:16
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at Bobby Joe having no legs now.  Fucking piece of shit.  Hopefully he dies a painful and slow death.

10/10/13 11:08 PM
Scream13
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The next Dojo Bobby Joe Blythe drags a guy out of is going to have to have a ramp. these are the moments i wished i believed in a hell.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.