UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18, Episode 6 results & recap

10/9/13 12:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Elimination fight #5: Jessamyn Duke (Team Rousey) vs. Raquel Pennington (Team Tate)

Round 1: Touch off gloves and Duke looks like a giant in there. The former Invicta fighter is very busy with her hands. One minute in and Pennington has yet to get going. They tie up against the cage and Duke locks in a deep standing guillotine but Pennington outlasts her arm and works free, but not before eating multiple knees to the leg. Back to the center of the cage and Duke is setting a heck of a pace. Rocky is game but getting out-struck. Penny starts to turn up the heat in the final two minutes and lands a couple of flurries. Duke gets momentarily lit up but comes back firing. They trade evenly until the bell. Close round that I give to Duke via early aggression and sub attempt.

Round 2: We pick up right where we left off. It's actually a replay of round one, as Duke is busy with strikes and Pennington is slow to start, even though Coach Tate keeps yelling, "You're on fire, Rocky!" Duke bumrushes and initiates the clinch, landing a few knees to the dome before Penny can break free. Duke is landing more shots, but Penny looks to be doing more damage. Duke gets tagged hard and backed into the fence but powers out with knees. Penny continues her onslaught and goes batshit with strikes, all of which land. Duke somehow survives and gets the clinch again. More knees. Hard left from Penny and Duke is in trouble but still fights back. Damn these ladies are tough. 30 seconds left and they continue to whale on each other until time expires. 10-9 Pennington.

Round 3: Touch of gloves and Pennington opens more aggressively than in rounds one and two. Duke lands a nice combo but eats a thudding leg kick. Pennington puts two to the dome. Duke continues to get backed up. Penny starts getting tagged and does some retreating of her own as the reach comes into play. One minutes left and it's full rock 'em/sock 'em robot, with Duke appearing to get the worse end of it. As I say that, she clinches and lands a couple of brutal knees. Pennington is a bloody mess. Duke looks like hamburger meat. Fight over. 10-9 Penny.

Final result: Pennington def. Duke via decision

Discuss the show live as it airs and check back after 11:00 for results of the fight and a recap of the episode.

10/9/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My body is ready. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 3:43 PM
OneSidedWar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is def a MUST watch fight! Do yourself a favor & make time to watch it! Phone Post
10/9/13 5:45 PM
Ch1ef
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just want to say have fun guys. Working tonight, so I'm going to try to stay offline from 10 til 6am tomorrow morning. Don't want spoilers. I'm gonna put a dent in candy crush I guess.

Have fun! Phone Post
10/9/13 9:07 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N! Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 9:37 PM
GregNoActionJackson
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meow Phone Post
10/9/13 10:13 PM
MayorPirkle
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jessamyn looks insanely hot in the thumbnail from the homepage, wow!
10/9/13 10:28 PM
TexDeuce
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
10/9/13 10:31 PM
I LOVE GSP

Raquel looked pretty good until she got on the runway. kinda looked like a drag queen in that dress and heels.

no offense intended.
10/9/13 10:37 PM
showtime SNAPPED my toothpick
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camera goes right from jessamyns face to a hooters girls boobs haha Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:38 PM
I LOVE GSP

Jessamyn by sub.
JudoknowNothing

Lol @ Rousey's Ref dance Phone Post 3.0
GregNoActionJackson
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an asshole move Phone Post
10/9/13 10:44 PM
I LOVE GSP

Jessamyn looks like a killer in that Bikini.

Lean and mean.
10/9/13 10:45 PM
LiftorDie
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy crap at Rhonda's yoga pants...I'm usually not a Rhonda fanboy like most guys here, but goddamn those pants she was wearing when she was shadow boxing were hot.... Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:47 PM
I LOVE GSP

LiftorDie - Holy crap at Rhonda's yoga pants...I'm usually not a Rhonda fanboy like most guys here, but goddamn those pants she was wearing when she was shadow boxing were hot.... Phone Post 3.0

Fanboys?

everyone hates her.
10/9/13 10:47 PM
GregNoActionJackson

Difference between rousey and tate. Ronda is warming her fighter up and is motivated. Tate is sitting on her ass. Say what you will about Ronda but I think she really cares about her team and catches a lot of unwarranted hate Phone Post
10/9/13 10:48 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Someone needs to gif rondas ass of when she was shadowboxing and talking to jessamyn. Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:49 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

I LOVE GSP -
LiftorDie - Holy crap at Rhonda's yoga pants...I'm usually not a Rhonda fanboy like most guys here, but goddamn those pants she was wearing when she was shadow boxing were hot.... Phone Post 3.0

Fanboys?

everyone hates her.
This season made me a fan of hers. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:49 PM
JudoknowNothing

They skipped the weigh ins, Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:51 PM
I LOVE GSP

JudoknowNothing - They skipped the weigh ins, Phone Post 3.0

BOOOOOO!!!!
10/9/13 10:56 PM
Stuboski

Are they adding in fake clapping?
10/9/13 10:57 PM
LiftorDie
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP -

Fanboys?

everyone hates her.
I mean how they drool after her supposed hotness. I mean, she's easy on the eyes, but she's no knockout.... Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:58 PM
shaqitup
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does Ronda have to scowl every time she talks.

10/9/13 11:01 PM
ds1970
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jessamyn looks a little like a female Joe Lauzon with that mouthpiece in her mouth Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.