UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Damn it!!! Maia Vs Shields..

10/9/13 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want either of these guys to lose. I've been pulling for Shields to do well for so long. And how can you not love Maia?! He's such a class act and at 170 he's a beast!!!

It's one of those fights where I'm excited to watch but dread the outcome.

Maia by Sub IMO Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:22 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way maia submits him. He can possibly fitch him maybe. Maia has not submitted every legit black belt he has faced. Not saying he can't or isn't good, just he is not known for that in mma.

If maia does win I see it going the fitch and Santiago way Phone Post
10/9/13 4:24 PM
TryhardNobody
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt Maia come in overweight? i can see him gassing in the 3rd and getting armbarred or choked
10/9/13 4:25 PM
KOckyGOAT

Maia has this, he is elite. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:26 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a vid of Maia subbing Shields in practice. He owned him. I know this is MMS but his control over him was impressive. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:29 PM
JStrongMMA

It's probably going to go to a decision and I think Jake might be able to take it. Shields is a better grappler than Fitch. I think Damien will probably put him in a bad spot at some point so it depends on what he does with it. I give Jake the technical striking advantage so he might be able to keep it on the feet en route to a decision. I am like you OP. I like both of these guys and it's going to suck to see either lose. Phone Post
10/9/13 4:29 PM
TryhardNobody
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oops wrong guy thought maia missed weight
10/9/13 4:31 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAologist - I don't want either of these guys to lose. I've been pulling for Shields to do well for so long. And how can you not love Maia?! He's such a class act and at 170 he's a beast!!!

It's one of those fights where I'm excited to watch but dread the outcome.

Maia by Sub IMO Phone Post 3.0
Agree with you.

Except I can't pick a winner, I keep imagining shields coming out very aggressive. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:31 PM
Frames4Life

What makes people think this will be anything other than a sloppy kickboxing fight with lots of wall n stall? Phone Post
10/9/13 4:32 PM
Ryan Williams
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - Didnt Maia come in overweight? i can see him gassing in the 3rd and getting armbarred or choked
Thiago Silva was the only person to come in overweight Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 4:32 PM
man meets fate

MMAologist - There's a vid of Maia subbing Shields in practice. He owned him. I know this is MMS but his control over him was impressive. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure roan carniero can absolutely demolish kevin burn on the mat also. Phone Post
10/9/13 4:35 PM
eljamaiquino

man meets fate -  No way maia submits him. He can possibly fitch him maybe. Maia has not submitted every legit black belt he has faced. Not saying he can't or isn't good, just he is not known for that in mma.

Maia has six submission wins in the UFC, has won sub of the night 4 times.

Shields has exactly zero sub wins in the UFC.

And Maia isn't known for subs in MMA?
10/9/13 6:48 PM
man meets fate

eljamaiquino -
man meets fate -  No way maia submits him. He can possibly fitch him maybe. Maia has not submitted every legit black belt he has faced. Not saying he can't or isn't good, just he is not known for that in mma.

Against legit black belts. You need ti read all of what I said and not cherry pick pieces to nake yourself sound smart. Phone Post
10/9/13 7:10 PM
kid chaos
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -
eljamaiquino -

Against legit black belts. You need ti read all of what I said and not cherry pick pieces to nake yourself sound smart. Phone Post
I wild each it Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 7:12 PM
Frames4Life

man meets fate -
eljamaiquino -

You just met the naked, head on. Phone Post
10/9/13 9:52 PM
MMAologist

Great ground work so far! Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 9:56 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^agreed.  this is what a GOOD grappling based MMA fight looks like.  (so far)

10/9/13 10:13 PM
MMAologist

SHOGUN250 -

^^^^^agreed.  this is what a GOOD grappling based MMA fight looks like.  (so far)

Looks like Jake is gassing.... Too bad Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.