UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If GSP had done the Wrestling/Olympics thing...

10/9/13 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would he have had a chance of making the Olmypic Wrestling team or not?

He seemed to be really interested in doing this around '07/08.

How do you think he would have fared?
10/9/13 7:50 PM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe, if the Canadian team is shit.

let's be honest here. he'd have no fucking chance of doing anything in the Olympics.

koscheck would take his lunch money in a wrestling match.
10/9/13 7:56 PM
klabo

PayItForward - maybe, if the Canadian team is shit.

let's be honest here. he'd have no fucking chance of doing anything in the Olympics.

koscheck would take his lunch money in a wrestling match.
Lol the Kos that he dominated via wrasslin before breaking his eye and ruining his career? Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 7:59 PM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, that kos. mma is different than straight wrestling.

I would bet my salary that in a wrestling match Kos dominates him.

a fight changes the dynamic.
10/9/13 8:09 PM
tetris
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp is one of those rare athletes...the one in a million type that i think would actually do well in wrestling. I know mma and wrestling are two different sports but he is a very good wrestler, Not just mma wrestler...straight up wrestling. Would he win a gold? I doubt it, but i would love to see him try.

He is a rare humanoid. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 8:41 PM
PayItForward

he's not rare in the world of wrestling.

we're talking people wrestling from the age of 6 and at times handpicked.

he would lose badly. he would be embarrassed if he ended up seeded against some dhagestani or American.

would he even make the Canadian team with all the foreign nationals there from eastern block and former soviet republic? there's probably a gang of Belarusians in Canada that would make the team over him.
10/9/13 8:44 PM
Lux Fixxins

PayItForward - yes, that kos. mma is different than straight wrestling.

I would bet my salary that in a wrestling match Kos dominates him.

a fight changes the dynamic.
This Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 9:08 PM
thewellhungarian
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am currently working with a guy that trained GSP with the Canadian National team. He gave me a run down on GSP's improvements over the course of training with him. He said he went from pretty unskilled to very skilled in a short amount of time. GSP let the team work him up and down, but told them on the last day of training he gets to use Jitz on them. Buddy told me he just about had his shoulder ripped off in seconds. He has a few good stories about training him.

I thought it was a pretty cool starry bra
10/9/13 9:14 PM
joe canada
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before we get into the what ifs and all that crap, for my Canadian friends:

Wrestling in the States is something you get into super young and dedicate your life to. It may not be as ridiculous as hockey in Canada, but the feeder system is comparable.

It's impossible to know how GSP would have done wrestling based only on what he's shown in a similar sport where he only started training wrestling as an adult.

What would Wayne Gretsky have been like in hockey had he started at 20 years old? I'll tell you: mediocre.
10/9/13 9:29 PM
RICKYB
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - Would he have had a chance of making the Olmypic Wrestling team or not?

He seemed to be really interested in doing this around '07/08.

How do you think he would have fared?
That was Gsp way of getting paid. A good friend of mine who's in the know called it way before Gsp actually said it. He's now the highest paid , highest ppv draw and arguably the most known athlete globally the UFC has. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.