UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares = Not nice

10/9/13 10:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chalice - the time period between when the ref tries to get palhares to stop and when he lets go really wasn't long enough to justify all the hate and outrage.

never let things like "evidence" and "fact" get in the way of a good witchhunt... everyone was WAITING to see him hold on too long, that's what they EXPECTED to see and that is what they saw. Subconcious or no, everyone starts counting from the TAPS instead of the REF. 

Fuck it, I'm a fan. If it stops people from going batshit jerking out of subs confident that their opponent won't really hurt them, so be it.

10/9/13 10:10 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The commentators didn't mention anything until the last replay. How many times does he have to do it before something is done. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 10:31 PM
ocbadapple
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thunderhorse - I would almost never suggest a cut but IMO this is much worse than Babalu/Heath. Phone Post 3.0

and NSAC fined Babalu 25k for this. half of his pay
10/9/13 10:44 PM
46and2degrees

He held that way to long, he was tapping before the ref even got there. If this was the first time it would be a different story, this is inexcusable. Phone Post
10/9/13 10:45 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Why is everyone so butthurt? Phone Post
10/9/13 10:50 PM
jitzophrenic
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman -  Why is everyone so butthurt? Phone Post

I don't get it either. Palhares is awesome and that didn't look too excessive to me. I think people are sensitive because of him holding onto leglocks in the past.
10/9/13 10:58 PM
iShatswhenWeidmanBassoondSilva
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Mir disagrees!

10/9/13 11:00 PM
pheonix5
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda shitty, but they're taught to not let go or stop striking until the ref steps in. In the case of Babalu the ref stepped in, told Babalu to let go and he continued for several seconds. Palhares let go when the ref stepped in. The honorable tap between two fighters don't happen much any more because if the fighter  tapped and you let go before the ref intervenes, that said fighter could say I didn't tap and you just let go of a fight winning sub.

Same thing happened in UFC 1. Royce got the choke on Ken and Ken tapped. Royce let go, but the ref didn't intervene when Ken tapped. So ken denied tapping  at first, but Royce said "you know you tapped, but we can keep going" then Ken did the honorable thing and admitted he tapped.

If Palhares had let go when Pierce tapped it would have been the right thing to do, but then Pierce could have argued. For the fighter, it's better to hold on to that sub until the ref breaks it, then there can be no denying who won.

10/9/13 11:26 PM
djsolar36
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The above, plus I would bet it's somewhat intentional. Put that fear in guys that they're risking their knees every time they step in with him. Not saying it's right, but no different than how brutal strikers like Wand used to not just beat guys but scar them up. Try to leverage that fear against future opponents. Phone Post
10/9/13 11:27 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iShatswhenWeidmanBassoondSilva - 

Frank Mir disagrees!

Sylvia never tapped Rtard

10/9/13 11:33 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Palhares used to let go at the fighter tap, instead of the ref. At least once i can recall the ref missed it and the opponents played it off so the fight continued.

He vowed not to let that happen again. Tough situation as you are instructed to keep fighting until the ref steps in. There was only a moment between the ref stepping and him letting go. Looks worse in slow replays... Phone Post
10/9/13 11:36 PM
TtoMyJ14
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has dones this several times now. Amazes me hes hasnt been fined for this
10/9/13 11:36 PM
kingkoopa

Affliction Blackbelt - Pierce: *tapping*

Palhares: *ah he's striking me, better crank harder*
LMFAO!!!

That shit sucks but can you really hate on a guy when there are pkenty of fake tap cases or shit like lindland vs busta Phone Post
10/9/13 11:40 PM

kingkoopa -

LMFAO!!!

That shit sucks but can you really hate on a guy when there are pkenty of fake tap cases or shit like lindland vs busta Phone Post
Fake tapping or pretending you didnt tap if the ref missed it has been going on for decades. It happened to PaulHarris at least once as well. Phone Post
10/9/13 11:44 PM
Il Duce
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude is a basket case, a limb shredding reptilian brain anomaly. Phone Post 3.0
10/9/13 11:44 PM
Yun
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

he felt Pierce's tap on his legs and thought Pierce was still hitting him.  That's why, he didn't let go. right??

10/9/13 11:45 PM
kingkoopa

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
kingkoopa -

LMFAO!!!

Fake tapping or pretending you didnt tap if the ref missed it has been going on for decades. It happened to PaulHarris at least once as well. Phone Post
Exactly Phone Post
10/9/13 11:52 PM

Yun -
Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

he felt Pierce's tap on his legs and thought Pierce was still hitting him.  That's why, he didn't let go. right??

He didnt let go because those are the INSTRUCTIONS from the refs. You let go when the ref steps in, not when a fighter taps. Phone Post
10/10/13 12:19 AM
Toquinho
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul looks down didnt see ref. If he saw him diving in he could release 2-3 secs earlier.
Ref has a strange angle to dive in.
Although i am a fan of paul he Still could release a bit earlier.
Still i dont understand grown up people askimg for a guy to have his job taken away from him.
50 Gs is a hard punishment already, paul dies not have anderson silva money.

Didnt see the match but could pierce walk normal or were ligaments shred to fack? Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 2:16 AM
TUF 4 Noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the same guys pissed about Paul Harris are pissed about Henderson-Bisping too. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 2:23 AM
lenz0799

Cut his ass. Don't stop there. Blackball this dude from the sport. He can't control himself, he shouldnt be allowed to even train. Phone Post
10/10/13 2:30 AM
ocbadapple

pretty shitty
10/10/13 2:33 AM
Black-Belt-in-Mexican-Karate
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/10/13 2:33 AM
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/10/13 2:35 AM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.