UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares = Not nice

10/10/13 3:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atomic-Nutrition.com - Ormus, Monoatomic Gold
Thunderhorse - I would almost never suggest a cut but IMO this is much worse than Babalu/Heath. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly, this was wayyyyyy worse, and could have fucked up Pierces career, even after he was tapping; and Torquino has a long history of this shit. Has to have the fuckin ref pull him off, He knows exactly what he's doing, everyone in the grappling community knows this shit too cuz he does it in tournaments too Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 3:06 AM
Taz

Atomic-Nutrition.com - Ormus, Monoatomic Gold
Black-Belt-in-Mexican-Karate -

BUWHAHAH Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 8:50 AM
Scream Name Here

He tapped Palhares' leg long before the ref got there! Palhares should be fined and cut. He has done this before and has even been subjected to anger management classes in be past!
If the guy doesn't tap hold the submission and make him pay but this is ridiculous. What he is doing is malicious obedience!

Maybe the next time Palhares gets knocked out the ref should turn his head for a second and let someone place a few extra FLYING DAN HENDOS! Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 9:15 AM
TheDigitalRuler
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

djsolar36 -  The above, plus I would bet it's somewhat intentional. Put that fear in guys that they're risking their knees every time they step in with him. Not saying it's right, but no different than how brutal strikers like Wand used to not just beat guys but scar them up. Try to leverage that fear against future opponents. Phone Post

Whether or not it's intentional, it certainly has that effect. If Harris gets a hold of your leg, you better start tapping immediately and hope the ref gets there in time to pull him off, and even then there's no guarantee your leg is staying in one piece.
10/10/13 8:36 PM
PsychoPatt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.
There's not many more debilitating submissions than a leg-lock held past the tap, and no body respects the guy that does that.
Sure, you can argue that the fighter doesn't have to let go till the ref jumps in, but there's such a thing as 'honor'. He had Pierce's legs wrapped up and wasn't in danger of loosing the position, and Pierce was tapping like crazy.
You don't have to fling your arms up and let go of everything after one tap, but when someone is obviously tapping like crazy to the submission everyone was expecting, at least stop cranking it after 3+ taps!!! There wasn't a chance in hell that Pierce would have pulled his leg out and kept fighting after those first 3.5 taps!
Even Cecil Peoples saw that he tapped out!!!
You can clearly see while the ref is holding the leg, PaulHarris cranks it just a bit further before he lets go. How can anyone justify that?!
This is a sport, with rules to protect competitors, and if a competitor disregards that many obvious taps, and potentially ends someone's ability to compete again, they should be banned from any competition.
10/10/13 8:42 PM
Mookie 3:16

Taz - 
Black-Belt-in-Mexican-Karate -

BUWHAHAH Phone Post 3.0

lmao

10/10/13 8:49 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PsychoPatt - Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.
There's not many more debilitating submissions than a leg-lock held past the tap, and no body respects the guy that does that.
Sure, you can argue that the fighter doesn't have to let go till the ref jumps in, but there's such a thing as 'honor'. He had Pierce's legs wrapped up and wasn't in danger of loosing the position, and Pierce was tapping like crazy.
You don't have to fling your arms up and let go of everything after one tap, but when someone is obviously tapping like crazy to the submission everyone was expecting, at least stop cranking it after 3+ taps!!! There wasn't a chance in hell that Pierce would have pulled his leg out and kept fighting after those first 3.5 taps!
You can clearly see while the ref is holding the leg, PaulHarris cranks it just a bit further before he lets go. How can anyone justify that?!
This is a sport, with rules to protect competitors, and if a competitor disregards that many obvious taps, and potentially ends someone's ability to compete again, they should be banned from any competition.

Voted UP for a very good post every 1.5 years.

10/10/13 9:05 PM
ghostboner
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came to see if we could break out the Paul Harris meme again. Glad to see it has already begun. Makes me sad to see so much wasted potential in a guy who just can't quite seem to figure it out. And as previously stated, huge props to Belcher.
10/10/13 9:19 PM
PsychoPatt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
PsychoPatt - Anyone defending PaulHarris is either trolling, doesn't trane or has more vindictive macho then common sense.

Voted UP for a very good post every 1.5 years.

Well thankyou kind sir. I'll make sure to return your vote up when I log on again in mid-2015!
10/10/13 9:26 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

lol shawn. vu both you fuggs

10/10/13 9:43 PM
Yun
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 
Yun -
Buck 65 - Pierce was tapping on the refs back, Paul had no idea

he felt Pierce's tap on his legs and thought Pierce was still hitting him.  That's why, he didn't let go. right??

He didnt let go because those are the INSTRUCTIONS from the refs. You let go when the ref steps in, not when a fighter taps. Phone Post

I just want to know what goes through his head when he has people on a leg lock.

I doubt he's thinking about the ref's instruction on how he needs to continue until ref stops him, even though the guy is screaming and tapping him to stop, he remembers that instruction about never to let go until it's stopped.  cuz someone that tapped from him before, actually fake tapped.  that happened so many times to Paul Harris that he just wanted to MAKE SURE!  

10/10/13 9:46 PM
CaptainAhab
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanteHec -  Its an in the moment thing...adrenaline ext... Phone Post

Yes. In the moment, under adrenaline, Paul Harris decides to tear people's knees apart. That is the problem.
10/10/13 10:31 PM
Built Like A Fedor
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF 4 Noob - I hope the same guys pissed about Paul Harris are pissed about Henderson-Bisping too. Phone Post 3.0
Not exactly the same thing. Air Hendo was a one-time deal, brought on from a whole TUF season of Bisping relentlessly trash talking. Hendo doesn't have a history of pummeling dudes after the ref tries to pull him off. Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 5:15 AM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jayduane - 
jar of flies - 

watching this over and over, it really looks like to me he didnt hold as long as what everyone is saying after the ref jumped, it looks like once he saw the ref on there he let go. this is definitely not as bad as his last offense, i cant remember who he did it too last time, last time was definitely too long but this one is questionable.

bad as, worse as, is irrelevant to a repeat offender. just doing it again when 99% of fights happen without a problem close to that at the end is enough.

10/11/13 5:16 AM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Built Like A Fedor - 
TUF 4 Noob - I hope the same guys pissed about Paul Harris are pissed about Henderson-Bisping too. Phone Post 3.0
Not exactly the same thing. Air Hendo was a one-time deal, brought on from a whole TUF season of Bisping relentlessly trash talking. Hendo doesn't have a history of pummeling dudes after the ref tries to pull him off. Phone Post 3.0

Ref wasn't even enar Hendo yet when he launched into the second punchsorry TUF Noob that was just a cheap shot not ignoring the ref. People have to dry their panties on that

10/11/13 5:55 AM
EbolaMonkey

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I suggest hit him where it hurts. Take 1/2 his purse.  The UFC is better with him in it. But his history demands a sanction.

The UFC is a better organization because one fighter continuously cripples your fighters? Nah.
10/11/13 6:14 AM
GrotesK

Unfortunately it seems to boil down to the dude being a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I think matt hamill is a better listener than him, so regardless of how many warnings he won't change. Good work UFC. Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 12:23 PM
Deaner

If you look at the ref when he first jumps in, he swipes his hand across paul harris' chest before he had to pull them apart. Paul Harris had plenty of time to stop and like someone else said, he yanked one last time while looking at the ref try to stop it.

I'm glad he's gone, they should make him fight belcher with no ref in there.
10/11/13 4:00 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The message is clear: run over pregnant women, drive drunk, but do NOT hold a heelhook for an extra second or you're DONE.

10/13/13 3:05 AM
TUF 4 Noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
Built Like A Fedor - 

Ref wasn't even enar Hendo yet when he launched into the second punchsorry TUF Noob that was just a cheap shot not ignoring the ref. People have to dry their panties on that

You're right and I also think you can tell more quickly that someone is tapping compared to being knocked out. Hendo threw that follow up right so quickly afterward id be surprised if he knew Bisping was completely out.

I guess my point is that some people are upset that palhares didn't stop upon feeling the tap (analogous to someone seeing their opponent lose consciousness from strikes.) As others have pointed out, you only stop when the ref stops it.

The time from when the ref intervenes to the release is relevant and is a valid argument. However I didn't see the fight live and even real time gif replays seem slower sometimes. Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 3:29 AM
DamirioN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jayduane - 
ChaosOverkill - 
jayduane - 
jar of flies - 

watching this over and over, it really looks like to me he didnt hold as long as what everyone is saying after the ref jumped, it looks like once he saw the ref on there he let go. this is definitely not as bad as his last offense, i cant remember who he did it too last time, last time was definitely too long but this one is questionable.

bad as, worse as, is irrelevant to a repeat offender. just doing it again when 99% of fights happen without a problem close to that at the end is enough.

i should take out the "bad as" part, to me this doesnt look like he intentionally ignored the ref.

Every time I watch the gif I feel like I see things a little bit differently. This time I was keeping my eyes more focused on the ref and I can't help but feel that the way he pushed into the fighters really made it look like Palhares cranked it more than he actually did.
10/13/13 4:48 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir has broken more bones and even brags he trains to cripple his opponent not submit them, yet he still has a contract.
10/13/13 4:54 AM
ChaosOverkill

Cryptic - Mir has broken more bones and even brags he trains to cripple his opponent not submit them, yet he still has a contract.

and still nothing to do with stopping when the ref intervenes and not doing it repeatedly.

If a guy doesn't tap what the fuck is MIr supposed to do? Give up on the sub? What kind of MMA is that? 

10/13/13 3:28 PM
kingkoopa

higherprimate718 - I wouldent buy the "adrenaline" thing except for having really closely watched paul harris's grappling, I think he just goes into the ZONE. He does this super focus thing where his whole body is focused on just one of the persons limbs. I think he might have some mental problems, but they also lead to him being an incredibly intense grappler.
This is my theory Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.