UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 11:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -  The gif probably doesn't do it any justice. I was expecting a torn Phone Post

I saw it from the other angle and you can see the ref trying to get him to stop.
10/10/13 11:07 AM
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork

It was to long IMHO...& Call me a pussy if you will, but I always have let go or stopped when I SEE the other person tap! IWaiting for the Ref can end someones career just as easily. If they want to "fake" or "Ghost" tap and keep fighting after that and claim no tap, that is on them. Karma is a bitch.
10/10/13 11:08 AM
AlbertEinstein

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
BobSherob - How the fuck is he a welterweight? Phone Post 3.0

I say! He sure looks HUGE for a "170" pounder. I wonder how he weighted at fight time.

Damn he's good at getting the leg. As anyone been better than him in leglocks in MMA?

I missed the fight and came just as his arm was raised in victory. Looking at the first gif in this thread, it seemed to me only his past behavior made so many people riled up. But with the second gif and a better angle, total dick move, without a doubt!

There's Imanari. He might or might not be more technical, but he doesn't have the gorilla grip that Palhares has. He is however a lot classier from what I've seen.
10/10/13 11:08 AM
Phil999

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 

Here is the other one everyone was up in arms about, but you will notice the same exact thing:

PaulHarris holds the leg until the REF makes it clear the fight is over, not the fighter tapping.....which is EXACTLY what they are instructed to do.

Lol that was is not as bad and he still holds on after the ref touches him at least a couple of seconds. Guy is a dirty fighter.
10/10/13 11:09 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Let the GIF load and watch it in real time. His eyes are practically closed and he is looking down and away. The Ref dives at Pierce instead of PaulHarris' arms like he should have. There is also no way to expect PH to have heard the Ref over that crazy crowd. 

10/10/13 11:11 AM

Phil999 - 

Here is the other one everyone was up in arms about, but you will notice the same exact thing:

PaulHarris holds the leg until the REF makes it clear the fight is over, not the fighter tapping.....which is EXACTLY what they are instructed to do.

Lol that was is not as bad and he still holds on after the ref touches him at least a couple of seconds. Guy is a dirty fighter.

I think you need to use an actual stopwatch or rethink your definition of "a couple seconds". It was less than one full second from the moment the Ref touches him. 

10/10/13 11:11 AM
Elhoffo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone been severely injured ?? He is a professional and is holding the move has anyone actually been injured is my question ? Didn't Rhonda break arms and shit, didn't Mir break a arm?? He is a dick I get it but he has not broken a arm from what I know or caused extensive damage. Also he had built a reputation to be feared in the ring, if pierce has lasting damage he should be fined more and maybe suspended and if he does it again cut. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 11:12 AM

SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - It was to long IMHO...& Call me a pussy if you will, but I always have let go or stopped when I SEE the other person tap! IWaiting for the Ref can end someones career just as easily. If they want to "fake" or "Ghost" tap and keep fighting after that and claim no tap, that is on them. Karma is a bitch.

Easy to say about the ghost tap when it doesn't cost you THOUSANDS of dollars to potentially lose a fight to a fake tapper. 

10/10/13 11:13 AM

Elhoffo - Has anyone been severely injured ?? He is a professional and is holding the move has anyone actually been injured is my question ? Didn't Rhonda break arms and shit, didn't Mir break a arm?? He is a dick I get it but he has not broken a arm from what I know or caused extensive damage. Also he had built a reputation to be feared in the ring, if pierce has lasting damage he should be fined more and maybe suspended and if he does it again cut. Phone Post 3.0

A mod posted that Mike's wife said his ankle is strained but it shouldn't be anything major. 

10/10/13 11:18 AM
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork

SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - It was to long IMHO...& Call me a pussy if you will, but I always have let go or stopped when I SEE the other person tap! IWaiting for the Ref can end someones career just as easily. If they want to "fake" or "Ghost" tap and keep fighting after that and claim no tap, that is on them. Karma is a bitch.

Easy to say about the ghost tap when it doesn't cost you THOUSANDS of dollars to potentially lose a fight to a fake tapper. 

This statement is very true.
10/10/13 11:18 AM
BigEyedFish

he should be banned from all competition. He does this every time in MMA and in BJJ.
10/10/13 11:21 AM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeeeeesh that looks like it hurt Phone Post
10/10/13 11:25 AM
homegrowncone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - do people actually think he's retarded? Do people think he's Forest Gump like?

Forrest Stump IMO

10/10/13 11:25 AM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssAssassin - I like we are how very concerned about peoples legs and knees and not their brains. I guess I just think one is more important than the other.

If you can smash a guy in the face while he is out cold until the ref stops you, you can tear a submission until the ref stops you. This controversy exists only because of his past, that being said, the only issue is whether the ref did his job and did Paul Harris respond appropriately. I think the blame is to be shared a bit in this case.

Stop the bullshit strawman argument!

This isn't about Palhares holding a sub until he's stopped by the ref,
it's about him cranking the sub after he's clearly felt another man jump on top of him and Pierce -- AFTER he's heard Pierce scream verbal submissions while tapping furiously...

Even fucking Simple Jack could put two and two together at that point, and realize not to go for another crank.

And if this was an isolated case... well fine, I could see him getting leeway, but everyone is wise to his whacky shenanigans now and realize how DTF he is with career-ending ligament damage
10/10/13 11:26 AM

Internettufguy - 
Frank Mir Cat -
Internettufguy - 
Frank Mir Cat -
Zed Wayne Zed - Totally the ref's fault.

Why should Harris lose the bonus, when you are told over and over again to not loosen a hold until the ref touches you.

Fucking Mario Yamasaki almost gave Kim a shoulder injury by awkwardly pushing him off of Silva, luckily he was okay.

I hate seeing people's limbs getting wrecked, but Pierce talked a ton of trash and got caught in a leglock by the worst possible person. Too bad.

Amen.
So neither of you watched the fight I see. Has to be the case, otherwise you would have seen the ref literally jump on top of them while screaming at Palhares, and him continue to hold the sub after this. Phone Post 3.0

Ref jumped on Pierce, barely touching Palhares who was focused on cranking, while 30,000 people were screaming were drowning out any verbal cues from the ref.
Oh, you didn't watch it. If you did you would have seen that the ref was on Palhares also. And nice try about using screaming fans as an excuse to not hear a grown man screaming 24 inches from your face. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, you clearly have never heard the Brazil crowd first hand. If you did you would know that you cannot hear SHIT. And nice try about pretending the Ref jumped on PH also. Watch the GIF in real time. The Ref jumps on Pierce and tries to get his leg out, which is a minor mistake that cost valuable time. As soon as the Ref gets PHs attention, he stops:

10/10/13 11:27 AM
Stipe
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

You can see the first crank
and the tapout during the fall

Then the 2nd crank, and the 2nd tapout (when the guy is already down)

and then in the third instance one final slap, and one final crank

10/10/13 11:29 AM

MattyECB - 
AssAssassin - I like we are how very concerned about peoples legs and knees and not their brains. I guess I just think one is more important than the other.

If you can smash a guy in the face while he is out cold until the ref stops you, you can tear a submission until the ref stops you. This controversy exists only because of his past, that being said, the only issue is whether the ref did his job and did Paul Harris respond appropriately. I think the blame is to be shared a bit in this case.

Stop the bullshit strawman argument!

This isn't about Palhares holding a sub until he's stopped by the ref,
it's about him cranking the sub after he's clearly felt another man jump on top of him and Pierce -- AFTER he's heard Pierce scream verbal submissions while tapping furiously...

Even fucking Simple Jack could put two and two together at that point, and realize not to go for another crank.

And if this was an isolated case... well fine, I could see him getting leeway, but everyone is wise to his whacky shenanigans now and realize how DTF he is with career-ending ligament damage

You make two very illogical assumptions:

1. In the GIF you can see that the Ref jumps on Pierce, and tries to get his leg out. Once he goes for PH to get his attention, PH stops.

2. The crowds in Brazil are HANDS DOWN the loudest crowds and commentators have said you cannot hear anything when they are in full freak out mode, which they were. 

You make assumptions that PH heard the Ref, and that he felt the Ref on Pierce. Both assumptions are silly. 

10/10/13 11:39 AM
BigEyedFish

why are people pretending that he doesnt do this all the time?
10/10/13 11:44 AM
Triple_B
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlbertEinstein - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - 
BobSherob - How the fuck is he a welterweight? Phone Post 3.0

I say! He sure looks HUGE for a "170" pounder. I wonder how he weighted at fight time.

Damn he's good at getting the leg. As anyone been better than him in leglocks in MMA?

I missed the fight and came just as his arm was raised in victory. Looking at the first gif in this thread, it seemed to me only his past behavior made so many people riled up. But with the second gif and a better angle, total dick move, without a doubt!

There's Imanari. He might or might not be more technical, but he doesn't have the gorilla grip that Palhares has. He is however a lot classier from what I've seen.

Imanari is way, way worse than Palhares. He has put some people on the shelf for a long time with no remorse. His style of heel hooking doesn't hurt until your knee is not where it is supposed to be. He only applies pressure and torque via twisting. Just look at his fights against Matt Brown and Gurgel. They felt nothing and then pop goes the weasel.

Palhares is not that bad to be honest because when he heel hooks people he combines the twisting with an achilles lock, sometimes a knee bar. The result is that his opponents feel the submission right away. This is why he doesn't feel bad and his opponents don't get their career messed up.

That might not make sense, but you have to realize that during a submission that is 100% a heel hook you don't feel alot of pain until it is too late. When you add something else to it, it triggers a quicker reaction and tap from your opponent. It is win-win. Palhares gets his quick tap and opponent doesn't get hurt.

He has held some submissions to long and it is dangerous, but in a twisted way he is actually more gentle than alot of people that do leg locks because his opponents have a much greater and more immediate window to tap. He is probably one of the safest leg lockers on the planet to train with.
10/10/13 11:49 AM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The underlying problem here is that Palhares is a bit of a mongo-tard. I don't think he's intentionally hurting anyone, he just doesn't get it.
10/10/13 11:54 AM
BigEyedFish

all the more reason to ban him. Other people make a living teaching and fighting in these organizations. There is no place/reason for this type of thing
10/10/13 12:00 PM
forever white belt

tunaburn - for me its not how long he held it. its that after he saw the ref and knew it was over he gives it one last hard crank. douche bag.
Great point, because really if his knee is fucked before the tap, well then it's still fucked if it's held for 3 more seconds.

But that last crank is straight up nasty.

Just a quick point though, why the hell was Pierce choosing to grapple with this monster?! His striking defence is very limited, he could have probably KO'ed him on the feet. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:06 PM
ShawnTheBadger
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy - 

There was no way you could mistake the guy screaming in pain and tapping emphatically for a 'Brazilian tap'.

There was no reason for Pallares to throw in an extra crank while the ref was laying on top of him trying to break the hold.  He does this crap for intimidation purposes, and then plays retard when he gets called on it.

Fuck him.  Cut him.  I hope his weight class is taking notice and he tastes a little in-ring justice the next time he's on the receiving end of a KO or submission.  He's a disgrace to MMA and grappling.

I've been reading and waiting for someone to articulate my exact thoughts before I post.

You win a VTFU sir.

10/10/13 12:43 PM
Triple_B
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

There was no way you could mistake the guy screaming in pain and tapping emphatically for a 'Brazilian tap'.

There was no reason for Pallares to throw in an extra crank while the ref was laying on top of him trying to break the hold.  He does this crap for intimidation purposes, and then plays retard when he gets called on it.

Fuck him.  Cut him.  I hope his weight class is taking notice and he tastes a little in-ring justice the next time he's on the receiving end of a KO or submission.  He's a disgrace to MMA and grappling.

I've been reading and waiting for someone to articulate my exact thoughts before I post.

You win a VTFU sir.

I actually thought the ref using his head to try and break the lock caused the leg to move even more and gave the illusion that Palhares was cranking.
10/10/13 12:45 PM
Bwatermyfren
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dudes seems like a major dickhead!!

I'd love to see him take a serious ass whoppin and for some1 to oblique and side kick the shit outta his knees!!!!

I heard he can only trane wit his bro or cousin coz he does the same shit in traneing!!!

It seems like he's got something wrong wit him mentally! IMO Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.