UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 3:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -

It doesn't look that bad from here, but then again none of us are two seconds away from a min hulk sending us to physical therapy for 18 months to recovery torn ligaments.

I believe that the rules clearly state that the fight is over when the other fighter taps or verbally taps. It doesn't matter if the ref breaks it up fast enough.  Clearly he still held on even after the Ref jumped on him.

So really I don't know what to think.  I am sure that his Gym appreciates his killer instinct, but that is also where discipline is needed.

This type of behavior (along with the Diaz boys ridiculous stunts), will always foster Mixed Martial Arts to be Martial Arts only in name

The rules the fighters are given backstage is to keep fighting until the REF stops the fight. He stops within a second of the ref getting his attention. Phone Post
10/10/13 5:03 PM
stebrillz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And now banned from UFC, deserves it really not the first time Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:23 PM
Carma

86'd
10/10/13 5:32 PM
BLPorritt
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carma - 86'd
Bam! Phone Post
10/10/13 5:36 PM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca

BLPorritt - 
Carma - 86'd
Bam! Phone Post

Yep, he's been cut. Good riddance. It sucks, because his style's so unique and he applies it so well, but he's been popped for roids and purposely tries to injure his opponents time after time. Fuck em
10/10/13 5:54 PM
Internettufguy

He gone! Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:54 PM
MedMan007
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triple_B - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 

There was no way you could mistake the guy screaming in pain and tapping emphatically for a 'Brazilian tap'.

There was no reason for Pallares to throw in an extra crank while the ref was laying on top of him trying to break the hold.  He does this crap for intimidation purposes, and then plays retard when he gets called on it.

Fuck him.  Cut him.  I hope his weight class is taking notice and he tastes a little in-ring justice the next time he's on the receiving end of a KO or submission.  He's a disgrace to MMA and grappling.

I've been reading and waiting for someone to articulate my exact thoughts before I post.

You win a VTFU sir.

I actually thought the ref using his head to try and break the lock caused the leg to move even more and gave the illusion that Palhares was cranking.

Same here
10/10/13 5:56 PM
Lightroom
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No sympathy. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 6:34 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Baldfather has spoken.

Thanks, Dana.

10/10/13 8:20 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - 
ProteinOverdrive - This is absolute, fucking BULLSHIT!

So dropping your whole weight on an unconscious Bisping, potentially giving him brain damage is cool and celebrated.

But over-holding a submission for a second is fined?
Murica. Phone Post 3.0

Lol. Stun Gun got a bonus for hammerfisting an unconscious Erick Silva stiff on the very same same card last night.

It's incredible!
10/10/13 8:22 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hinrik - yes it was a tiny little bit too long. but i hate to see the guy get cut he as an awesome unique style. he is so much fun to watch

He should be signed with Bellator within the week. I can't wait!
10/10/13 8:37 PM
hellride
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG paul harris vs war machine!
10/10/13 9:42 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - 
YukiNakai'sEye - 

So dropping your whole weight on an unconscious Bisping, potentially giving him brain damage is cool and celebrated.

Murica. Phone Post 3.0

Lol. Stun Gun got a bonus for hammerfisting an unconscious Erick Silva stiff on the very same same card last night.

It's incredible!

yeah, I know.

The way the ref was pulling StunGun off of Silva, and he kept hammerfisting Erick until he dropped one huge potentially-career-ending bomb.  The similarities are INCREDIBLE.  And let's not forget that Kim has been suspeneded in the past for continuing to pound opponents after the ref has pulled him off.

No justice in this crazy world.

10/11/13 12:04 AM
Megatherium

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
Megatherium - 
YukiNakai'sEye - 

Murica. Phone Post 3.0

It's incredible!

yeah, I know.

The way the ref was pulling StunGun off of Silva, and he kept hammerfisting Erick until he dropped one huge potentially-career-ending bomb.  The similarities are INCREDIBLE.  And let's not forget that Kim has been suspeneded in the past for continuing to pound opponents after the ref has pulled him off.

No justice in this crazy world.

Dude, the man was laying on his back knocked out. The corret thing to do is obviously to hammerfist his chin while he lays there defenseless. It's the done thing right?
10/11/13 12:05 AM
Megatherium

the correct thing, that is, not the corret thing.
10/11/13 12:06 AM
Megatherium

Edited: 10/11/13 12:21 AM
In the old days, a fighter would usually walk away in that situation. It's a part of the culture that needs to change. It's very dangerous. The referee shouldn't come into it.
10/11/13 1:11 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy

Good point.

No one has ever been knocked flat on their back and recovered within a second or two.

And clearly behavior that's within the rules should be treated the same as behavior that's outside the rules.

10/11/13 1:48 AM
Megatherium

Edited: 10/11/13 1:52 AM
A second or two my foot. Stun Gun dove directly onto the chin of an unconscious man without waiting even an instant. And just to clarify, this isn't meant to be indictment of Kim's behavior in this situation; this sort of thing has become commonplace, whereas fifteen years ago in the NHB era it was not considered the automatic response, far from it, it was considered kind of a dick move. I'm not blaming the fighter here, I'm suggesting that there is a problem in the culture of mma that encourages attacking defenseless knockout victims and it's going to come back and bite the industry (UFC) in the ass in a high profile and very public way eventually, it's really only a matter of time.

If you were to gather together a group of non mma fans and let them watch both incidents with the volume turned off which one do you think the majority of first time viewers would find more disturbing? I think it's obviously the attack on the downed unconscious fighter. If you can't see that meting out additional brain trauma on a prone knockout victim isn't substantially more harmful than any damage to a leg that Rousimar Palhares might do by holding onto a leglock too long, then you're really not a very clever fellow.
10/11/13 10:01 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy

Edited: 10/11/13 10:01 AM

StunGun didn't wait an instant, so how was he to know whether Erick was going to sit and and shoot for his legs or lay there like a passed out drunk?  Kim fought until the referee stopped the fight and not a second more.  Pallarhes fought long after the referee stopped the fight.  That's called assault.

And frankly, I don't care what a bunch of people who are ignorant of the rules and risks associated with each situation think.  StunGun fought within the rules that he and Erick agreed to, and didn't expose Erick to any risks that he wasn't aware of going in to the fight.  Roussimar broke the rules, and exposed his opponent to a career ending risk that wasn't part of the fight agreement.

The two situations have nothing in common.  If the violence within the rules is too much, go watch baseball.

10/11/13 10:23 AM
Media Monster
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy -

Thanks, Dana.

Got what he deserved Phone Post
10/11/13 10:30 AM
Pura Vida

anyone pretending there is a comparison between pahares and stun gun needs to suicide themselves very quickly. that level of stupid can't be fixed.
10/11/13 10:37 AM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

Are you blind? The ref jumps right in front of his eyes. Also it's part of a fighters job to adhere to the ref and be aware of the refs instructions. If you can't follow the rules of your very basic job, then you need to get a warning. Phone Post
10/11/13 10:40 AM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy -

Thanks, Dana.

The word of 'D'od. Phone Post
10/11/13 11:11 PM
Hecklah

Does anyone think Hendo should have banned for super man punching Bisping? Is it different for subs? Just curious. I do think Paul Harris is dirty. Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 11:35 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Hecklah - Does anyone think Hendo should have banned for super man punching Bisping? Is it different for subs? Just curious. I do think Paul Harris is dirty. Phone Post 3.0
Only morons and trolls think so Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.