UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/11/13 1:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/13 1:52 AM
A second or two my foot. Stun Gun dove directly onto the chin of an unconscious man without waiting even an instant. And just to clarify, this isn't meant to be indictment of Kim's behavior in this situation; this sort of thing has become commonplace, whereas fifteen years ago in the NHB era it was not considered the automatic response, far from it, it was considered kind of a dick move. I'm not blaming the fighter here, I'm suggesting that there is a problem in the culture of mma that encourages attacking defenseless knockout victims and it's going to come back and bite the industry (UFC) in the ass in a high profile and very public way eventually, it's really only a matter of time.

If you were to gather together a group of non mma fans and let them watch both incidents with the volume turned off which one do you think the majority of first time viewers would find more disturbing? I think it's obviously the attack on the downed unconscious fighter. If you can't see that meting out additional brain trauma on a prone knockout victim isn't substantially more harmful than any damage to a leg that Rousimar Palhares might do by holding onto a leglock too long, then you're really not a very clever fellow.
10/11/13 10:01 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/13 10:01 AM

StunGun didn't wait an instant, so how was he to know whether Erick was going to sit and and shoot for his legs or lay there like a passed out drunk?  Kim fought until the referee stopped the fight and not a second more.  Pallarhes fought long after the referee stopped the fight.  That's called assault.

And frankly, I don't care what a bunch of people who are ignorant of the rules and risks associated with each situation think.  StunGun fought within the rules that he and Erick agreed to, and didn't expose Erick to any risks that he wasn't aware of going in to the fight.  Roussimar broke the rules, and exposed his opponent to a career ending risk that wasn't part of the fight agreement.

The two situations have nothing in common.  If the violence within the rules is too much, go watch baseball.

10/11/13 10:30 AM
Pura Vida
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone pretending there is a comparison between pahares and stun gun needs to suicide themselves very quickly. that level of stupid can't be fixed.
10/11/13 10:37 AM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

Are you blind? The ref jumps right in front of his eyes. Also it's part of a fighters job to adhere to the ref and be aware of the refs instructions. If you can't follow the rules of your very basic job, then you need to get a warning. Phone Post
10/11/13 10:40 AM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy -

The Baldfather has spoken.

Thanks, Dana.

The word of 'D'od. Phone Post
10/11/13 11:11 PM
Hecklah

Does anyone think Hendo should have banned for super man punching Bisping? Is it different for subs? Just curious. I do think Paul Harris is dirty. Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 11:35 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Hecklah - Does anyone think Hendo should have banned for super man punching Bisping? Is it different for subs? Just curious. I do think Paul Harris is dirty. Phone Post 3.0
Only morons and trolls think so Phone Post 3.0
10/12/13 1:13 AM
CindyO

Edited: 10/12/13 4:22 AM
Megatherium -
YukiNakai'sEye - 
ProteinOverdrive - This is absolute, fucking BULLSHIT!

So dropping your whole weight on an unconscious Bisping, potentially giving him brain damage is cool and celebrated.

But over-holding a submission for a second is fined?
Murica. Phone Post 3.0

Lol. Stun Gun got a bonus for hammerfisting an unconscious Erick Silva stiff on the very same same card last night.

It's incredible!

Are you saying Paul Harris should have gotten the $50,000 bonus, Mega?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

10/12/13 6:29 PM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely I am Cindy. Not only was it the only sub of the night, but who else is even attempting leglocks in the cage these days, much less succeeding in such devastating fashion? Harris is keeping alive a dying art; soon we'll have nothing left but the Greg Jackson knee kicking wall-stallers to watch. The prospect of this doesn't exactly thrill a geezer like me.

Harris is an idiot savant. I feel cheated as a fight fan by the way this industry is piling on a borderline retarded submission artist here. The UFC is much the poorer for their loss. What about telling Kevin Iole to go piss up a rope for once. What about that?
10/12/13 8:19 PM
homegrowncone
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cindy has Dana actually clarified whether or not he's ever going to consider bringing Palhares back?  Initially it was reported that he was being banned I could have sworn someone from the UFC said that wasn't the case, the video interview with Dana isn't very clear.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.