UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 10:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProteinOverdrive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TryhardNobody - 
ProteinOverdrive - This is absolute, fucking BULLSHIT!

So dropping your whole weight on an unconscious Bisping, potentially giving him brain damage is cool and celebrated.

But over-holding a submission for a second is fined?

If Henderson was doing that repeatedly, im sure he would get KOTN bonus taken away. Palhares has gotten away with that shit long enough. I dont see Henderson repeatedly smashing unconscious ppl. Palhares is known for this shit. Ppl expect it

http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif
10/10/13 10:10 AM
Triple_B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pierce's knee is injured it is more the ref's fault. By driving his head into palhares' grip he actually helped crank the leg even more severely.
10/10/13 10:12 AM
Stephen Holder

I do remember thinikin that Palhares held it for an extended period past when Peirce himslef tapped but not far past when the ref called the fight. I need to rewatch to be sure tho.

I think its cool as shit that Pettis let go of Henderson to prevent further damage. It speaks volumes about his character. The thing is in he event that you don't injure someone beyond the point that they compete, don't think for a second that guys like Sonnen wouldn't tap and later deny it. I understand why some fighters would want a ref to officially call the fight before releasing hold.
Frank Mir Cat

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Frank Mir Cat - I think his reputation and Pierce's reaction cost him 50k. You watch in real time from the time the ref jumps in until he releases, its about one second.

You could argue Stun Gun was unsportsmanlike as well, and they aren't taking his money.
Lol what? One shot as silva was still Awake then doenst throw another equals holding on as your opponent taps then the ref gets involved to stop then adding in another hard crank before letting go? Phone Post 3.0

So RyannVonDoom would rather be semi-conscious and take an undefended hammerfist to the face, than get his leg cranked for an extra .5 seconds?

Why am I not suprised?
Triple_B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - During his UFC fights, how many knees has he actually "destroyed" and how many careers has he actually ended?

The answer is zero. People just think heel hooks are an automatic torn ACL.
10/10/13 10:17 AM
Lazer MMA

Well the fans hated Bisping and I'd guess most were not upset over the extra shot. Here Palhares is the one not liked. That about covers it.
10/10/13 10:26 AM
Frank Mir Cat

Zed Wayne Zed - Totally the ref's fault.

Why should Harris lose the bonus, when you are told over and over again to not loosen a hold until the ref touches you.

Fucking Mario Yamasaki almost gave Kim a shoulder injury by awkwardly pushing him off of Silva, luckily he was okay.

I hate seeing people's limbs getting wrecked, but Pierce talked a ton of trash and got caught in a leglock by the worst possible person. Too bad.

Amen.
10/10/13 10:35 AM
Aaron Becker

ReturnofTheShah - 
Synado - As soon as he saw the ref he let go. People just want to hate this guy.

The comments in this thread are unbelievable, truly a laughable amount of ignorance.

you're ignorant and naive to think that he doesn't consistently hold onto hold longer than he needs to
10/10/13 10:39 AM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The gif probably doesn't do it any justice. I was expecting a torn Phone Post
10/10/13 10:42 AM
Jay Haas
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

No I've been a victim of the "I didn't tap thing" but that was held way to long after the ref clearly was there... I've defend Paul Harris in the past but that I can't Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:44 AM
TryhardNobody
476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinOverdrive - 
TryhardNobody - 
ProteinOverdrive - This is absolute, fucking BULLSHIT!

So dropping your whole weight on an unconscious Bisping, potentially giving him brain damage is cool and celebrated.

But over-holding a submission for a second is fined?

If Henderson was doing that repeatedly, im sure he would get KOTN bonus taken away. Palhares has gotten away with that shit long enough. I dont see Henderson repeatedly smashing unconscious ppl. Palhares is known for this shit. Ppl expect it

http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

I dont think Palhares/Hendo is even a good comparison. Unless Hendo was diving on Bisping with the ref holding onto his back. Hendo got there before the ref if i remember correctly. Palhares was cranking harder as the ref was on him. If Hendo has smashed Bisping another 2 or 3 times after the ref jumped on him, itd be an equal comparison.
10/10/13 10:46 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Aaron Becker -
ReturnofTheShah - 
Synado - As soon as he saw the ref he let go. People just want to hate this guy.

The comments in this thread are unbelievable, truly a laughable amount of ignorance.

you're ignorant and naive to think that he doesn't consistently hold onto hold longer than he needs to
Than he "needs to" is such a subjective term.

You are instructed to NOT let go (or stop striking) your opponent until the REF makes it clear the fight is over. This is the fault of decades of fake tappers and opponents who pretended they didnt tap if the ref missed it.

It has happened to Paulharris himself, and many opponents of team quest fighters. Shit it happened in Royce vs Ken 20ish years ago.

In realtime, he really didnt hold it but for a moment after the ref got his attention. The ref is an idiot for going after Pierce's knee first and trying to yell over a CRAZY loud crowd. He should have gone straight after Paulharris' arms and got his attention FIRST. Phone Post
10/10/13 10:49 AM
igotfrozordfortrainingtrane
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He absolutely deserves that punishment or more. The guy is known to pull that shit with every submission. It's terrible sportsmanship, worse no one will want fight him in the future. Phone Post
10/10/13 10:52 AM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need more people like Palhares in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:56 AM
Frank Mir Cat

Internettufguy - 
Frank Mir Cat -

Why should Harris lose the bonus, when you are told over and over again to not loosen a hold until the ref touches you.

Fucking Mario Yamasaki almost gave Kim a shoulder injury by awkwardly pushing him off of Silva, luckily he was okay.

I hate seeing people's limbs getting wrecked, but Pierce talked a ton of trash and got caught in a leglock by the worst possible person. Too bad.

Amen.
So neither of you watched the fight I see. Has to be the case, otherwise you would have seen the ref literally jump on top of them while screaming at Palhares, and him continue to hold the sub after this. Phone Post 3.0

Ref jumped on Pierce, barely touching Palhares who was focused on cranking, while 30,000 people were screaming were drowning out any verbal cues from the ref.

Internettufguy - 
Frank Mir Cat -

Amen.
So neither of you watched the fight I see. Has to be the case, otherwise you would have seen the ref literally jump on top of them while screaming at Palhares, and him continue to hold the sub after this. Phone Post 3.0

He jumped to Pierce's leg first, instead of going straight to PaulHarris to get his attention. 

Trying to yell over that crowd is pointless. They were going fucking BONKERS. The Ref should know that the fastest way to get a fighter to release a sub is to get THAT fighters attention, not to try and pry the opponents leg out. 

Phil999

You meed to see it from the other angle. The ref had to push him off.

Guy needs to be punished for that shit.
10/10/13 11:00 AM

Jay Haas - 
MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

No I've been a victim of the "I didn't tap thing" but that was held way to long after the ref clearly was there... I've defend Paul Harris in the past but that I can't Phone Post 3.0

Jay you have to take the crowd noise, and where the ref went into consideration. The Ref jumped on Pierce, trying to get his knee/leg out while the crowd was going NUTS. You cannot hear shit in Brazil when the crowd is freaking out like that. He SHOULD have gone straight to PaulHarris' arms and got his attention FIRST. 

If you watch the GIF PH is turned away and almost has his eyes closed trying to crank. As soon as he sees the Ref he lets go within a moment. 

Minor flaw in the Ref's procedure. 

10/10/13 11:01 AM
TheTruthIsImaVERAfiedBitch
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - As soon as he saw the ref he let go. People just want to hate this guy.
Lol that's bullshit.

the ref jumped on top of them to pry Toqhuino off Pierce, and Pierce was tapping so hard that he smacked the refs back like "GET HIM THE FUCK OFF OF ME!!!!"

it's disgusting. 2 seconds too long can destroy a career.

Ever heard of "tap or snap"? Paul Harris hasn't. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 11:02 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobSherob - How the fuck is he a welterweight? Phone Post 3.0

I say! He sure looks HUGE for a "170" pounder. I wonder how he weighted at fight time.

Damn he's good at getting the leg. As anyone been better than him in leglocks in MMA?

I missed the fight and came just as his arm was raised in victory. Looking at the first gif in this thread, it seemed to me only his past behavior made so many people riled up. But with the second gif and a better angle, total dick move, without a doubt!

10/10/13 11:02 AM
MarcVanBas

During his UFC fights, how many knees has he actually "destroyed" and how many careers has he actually ended?
10/10/13 11:05 AM

Here is the other one everyone was up in arms about, but you will notice the same exact thing:

PaulHarris holds the leg until the REF makes it clear the fight is over, not the fighter tapping.....which is EXACTLY what they are instructed to do.

10/10/13 11:06 AM
Phil999

The Sultan -  The gif probably doesn't do it any justice. I was expecting a torn Phone Post

I saw it from the other angle and you can see the ref trying to get him to stop.
10/10/13 11:07 AM
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork

It was to long IMHO...& Call me a pussy if you will, but I always have let go or stopped when I SEE the other person tap! IWaiting for the Ref can end someones career just as easily. If they want to "fake" or "Ghost" tap and keep fighting after that and claim no tap, that is on them. Karma is a bitch.
10/10/13 11:08 AM
AlbertEinstein

Sprawl'n'Stall - 
BobSherob - How the fuck is he a welterweight? Phone Post 3.0

I say! He sure looks HUGE for a "170" pounder. I wonder how he weighted at fight time.

Damn he's good at getting the leg. As anyone been better than him in leglocks in MMA?

I missed the fight and came just as his arm was raised in victory. Looking at the first gif in this thread, it seemed to me only his past behavior made so many people riled up. But with the second gif and a better angle, total dick move, without a doubt!

There's Imanari. He might or might not be more technical, but he doesn't have the gorilla grip that Palhares has. He is however a lot classier from what I've seen.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.