UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares camp denies malice, says loss of bonus is

10/10/13 2:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonus is enough punishment.

BARUERI, Brazil – Rousimar Palhares' manager, Alex Davis, doesn't believe his client has ever intentionally injured another human being. That said, he is expecting further sanctions following Palhares' controversial win over Mike Pierce, and he admits the powerful submission ace needs to adjust his approach to fighting.

"We have talked about it at length," Davis today told MMAjunkie.com. "The one thing I can certify is that Rousimar does not hold on to a sub out of malice. It's unconscious, a mix of adrenaline and years of being conditioned to not let go."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/rousimar-palhares-camp-denies-malice-says-loss-of-bonus-is-enough-punishment
10/10/13 2:26 PM
Lazer MMA

"being conditioned to not let go." ??

IMO he knew damn well the ref was there & he heard the ref prior. He's also the only guy that would lose a bonus in that exact spot too IMO.
10/10/13 2:40 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No bonus seems like punishment enough to me as well, this time. Next time, if there is a next time, the punishment should be more severe. The problem for Palhares is that he has a reputation for doing exactly what he's accused of, so it goes without saying that he's going to be scrutinized more than fighters who don't have that reputation. He's also been popped for PEDs, which suggests that his adherence to the rules might not be 100% at all times.
10/10/13 2:48 PM
buvaiser

Intentionally or not is not the issue here. If you didn't know who he was, that sub wouldn't make headlines for being held long as it wasn't even held that long at all.
10/10/13 2:56 PM
Brock Lobster
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buvaiser - Intentionally or not is not the issue here. If you didn't know who he was, that sub wouldn't make headlines for being held long as it wasn't even held that long at all.
Thank you Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 3:06 PM
Lazer MMA

Yea I said as much too guys but given the history here I think a final warning is in order.
10/10/13 3:15 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
He had zero intention of letting go. He is a true POS imo.
10/10/13 3:23 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - He had zero intention of letting go. He is a true POS imo.
This.

The fact that he has a documented history of this makes it even more egregious Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 3:24 PM
BigEyedFish

lol get a grip and look at the history of your fighter in competitions.

no room for idiots like that in any professional organization or even in the BJJ.
Fuck off.
10/10/13 4:13 PM
Lazer MMA

Tempers running hot
10/10/13 4:19 PM
Pat Giles

Same guy who was making excuses about Bigfoot when Cain made him his bitch.
Brazilians with excuses? No way Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 4:22 PM
TeamRenzo

So as an MMA fighter he has never intentionally injured someone...weird
10/10/13 4:25 PM
Invincible
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not being rewarded in the form of a BONUS is not punishment. Being punished is punishment...WTF?
10/10/13 4:28 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Fighters should have to pass an IQ test. This guy's a loose cannon. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:26 PM
Lazer MMA

TeamRenzo - So as an MMA fighter he has never intentionally injured someone...weird

Well I think he is being accused of trying to!
10/10/13 5:27 PM
ChaosOverkill
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - He had zero intention of letting go. He is a true POS imo.

yup

10/10/13 5:33 PM
Tankhead
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - I blame Nate Marquardt for greasing. Phone Post 3.0
I remember this! Paul Harris got TKOd when he tried to point it out to the ref, right?

Regardless, the fine was justified in my opinion. He did give it an extra crank after the ref was on them. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:46 PM
BLPorritt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Little Axe Murderer - HEY ALEX DAVIS, YOUR BOY GOT BANNED, SUCK IT!!! Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post
10/10/13 5:46 PM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"guy tapping frantically?... I think I will crank it until the ref is shouting at me while prying my arms off... Ref shouting at me while prying my arms off?... I think I will crank it a few more seconds just so my next opponent knows what he is in for. plenty of idiots will say im just following rules"

UFC! pleeease cut this guy!
10/10/13 6:16 PM
Damasta Shonuff

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Fighters should have to pass an IQ test. This guy's a loose cannon. Phone Post 3.0

He seems so ignorant of the damage he does, it makes me think he is the Rain Man of Heel Hooks. He has a child-like innocence to him, but that is very dangerous with his physique and skills.
10/10/13 6:20 PM
Lazer MMA

Damasta Shonuff - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - Fighters should have to pass an IQ test. This guy's a loose cannon. Phone Post 3.0

He seems so ignorant of the damage he does, it makes me think he is the Rain Man of Heel Hooks. He has a child-like innocence to him, but that is very dangerous with his physique and skills.

LOL @ "Rain Man of Heel Hooks"
10/10/13 6:43 PM
DonFrye_Fan

He cranked it extra hard right before letting go. Screw him and his team. Phone Post
10/10/13 6:58 PM
Br0ckFnSams0n
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - No bonus seems like punishment enough to me as well, this time. Next time, if there is a next time, the punishment should be more severe. The problem for Palhares is that he has a reputation for doing exactly what he's accused of, so it goes without saying that he's going to be scrutinized more than fighters who don't have that reputation. He's also been popped for PEDs, which suggests that his adherence to the rules might not be 100% at all times.
This was the "next time" you dullard. Phone Post
10/10/13 7:02 PM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well apparently after so much 'conditioning to not let go' now Palhares can be conditioned to being let go.
10/10/13 7:02 PM
FingerorMoon
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at 'conditioned not to let go'

What?
ALL submission schools condition you to let go upon feeling the tap ....otherwise you fuck up your training partners, or get fucked up yourself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.