UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maldonado wants Sonnen or Te Huna next

10/10/13 10:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Fabio Maldonado defeated Joey Beltran at Ulimate Fight Night 29, and although he's not a big name yet, he wants a big name fight next:

"Of course I'm serious. I would love to fight Chael Sonnen. I would like to fight James Te Huna. James Te Huna is a great striker and Chael, a lot of people think he would kill my game and that he would be able to tie me up, but I am very well-trained. I count on my friend (Demian Maia ) and all of his people and I can turn it around. It's hard for you to see my ju-jitsu. I know I'm injured, but I can turn it around. If it's James Te Huna, I can do well, also. I think he's (Sonnen) a good fighter and I think he is good for the sport, I'm his fan. He is good for the sport because he says a lot of truth. Of course, sometimes he crosses the line and some things I don't agree with him, but I think he is very good for the sport. I think a fighter can't be afraid to say things. You might not agree with what I'm saying, but, this is me, this is what it is going to be like."

read entire article... 

10/10/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen makes him gas in 6 mins.
10/10/13 10:26 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should bring a camera man to stage a fake fight between himself and Chael. When the people see it they'll be super hyped to see it and just sort of pretend they don't know it wouldn't be competitive at all. Phone Post
10/10/13 10:28 PM
TheAnswerFTW

Lol he barely beat beltran. Gtfo! Phone Post
10/10/13 10:29 PM
UGCTT_ConditFryedKampmannRare
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even Chael could sell this fight. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:30 PM
Darup

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He should bring a camera man to stage a fake fight between himself and Chael. When the people see it they'll be super hyped to see it and just sort of pretend they don't know it wouldn't be competitive at all. Phone Post
I see what you did there Phone Post
10/10/13 10:31 PM
DoomFarmer
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck all of this noise.

I love Maldanado's fights Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:32 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/13 3:17 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
He barely won a round against Beltran.
10/10/13 10:32 PM
cfv
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's fun to watch, but his body work that equals close decisions isn't going to get him either of those guys.
10/10/13 10:35 PM
garrote
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Psh Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:37 PM
Subfighter90
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at calling out a middleweight... Oh wait it's chael and he's Brazilian Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:39 PM
Vikingknee

Lol Chael would sub him in 1 minute Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:48 PM
Augustus Caesar
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael would wreck him, it is a nightmare match up for him. I would love to see him fight Te Huna though! 

10/10/13 10:50 PM
JStrongMMA

Lol at asking for Sonnen. Why not ask for John Jones while you're at it. Phone Post
10/10/13 10:54 PM
DoomFarmer
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - He barely won a round against a gift match up in Beltran.
Beltran just came to wall and stall.

They should have deducted points for that shit anyway so I have no beef with the decision. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:55 PM
CoreNobody
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He mus be jokin Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:59 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -

They should have deducted points for that shit anyway so I have no beef with the decision. Phone Post 3.0
Didn't they separate and Maldon put his back up against the cage and invite Beltran back? He was gassed in just a couple minutes, he didn't want to be anywhere else. Phone Post
10/10/13 11:09 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
DoomFarmer - 

Beltran's game plan worked. The only time when Maldanado was effective was LATE in the 2nd round.
10/10/13 11:57 PM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vikingknee - Lol Chael would sub him in 1 minute Phone Post 3.0
1 minute might be a bit rude.

I enjoy Maldonado. I do wish Joey would have come to bang (he knows thats why he was there... hell, he probably agreed to bang during contact talks)...nothing against Beltran.

...that said, Chael would have zero problem subbing Maldonado in the first round. Phone Post
10/10/13 11:57 PM
UGCTT_Blaat
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J -

Why would he want a TRT grappler?

Chael loses to many MWs and LHWs on the feet, Yes.

But UFC rules are tailor made for grapplers, so Sonnen is not a very good matchup for Fabio.

Take the TRT out ole Chael, and he loses to Fabio in the 2nd round.

Fabs needs to call out a banger.

How do we live John?
Day by day
Then put the fucking glue down son! Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 12:26 AM
Frank the tank
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - 

Why would he want a TRT grappler?

Chael loses to many MWs and LHWs on the feet, Yes.

But UFC rules are tailor made for grapplers, so Sonnen is not a very good matchup for Fabio.

Take the TRT out ole Chael, and he loses to Fabio in the 2nd round.

Fabs needs to call out a banger.

What makes you think the rules are tailor made for grapplers?

Personally I would say the Ufc was tailored towards striking
with the gloves suiting strikers, allowing elbows on the ground no 10minute first round... maybe I should just go back to watching pride haha.

IF your a grappler in ufc you better be exciting or have a tv friendly personality otherwise your gana get cut after 2 loses.
10/11/13 12:50 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Chael vs Rashad

Then
Chael vs Wand
Maldonado vs Te Huna

If Maldonado wins, then have them fight.
If Maldonado keeps calling Chael out, Chael can make it work as Maldonado is Brazilian and he will cut some promo saying he will keep beating up Brazilians until Anderson gives him another shot.
10/11/13 1:04 AM
Pompei
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All i can see is the human punching bag that fought Glover.... GOH Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 1:07 AM
FJP111
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maldonado has never really demonstrated even average takedown defense. Chael would beat him easily.
10/11/13 1:08 AM
ocbadapple

lol at fighting Chael

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.