UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DAMN SON! Sugar Ray was a BEAST (VID)

10/13/13 1:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flowwiththego
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The violence is beautiful. Thanks again for the video. Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 1:36 AM
TzTinkle
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's crazy to think the greatest boxer that will ever exist fought over 60 years ago. I can't think of any other sport where the greatest has less of a chance of being surpassed than in boxing. I love him punching to the body with fists out of the clinch like a madman. He was simply born to do it.
10/13/13 2:01 AM
supersonic
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great highlight.
10/13/13 2:05 AM
GodSaveTheReem
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for after work
10/13/13 2:28 AM
Kevin bacon
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbbbd Phone Post
10/13/13 2:35 AM
flowwiththego
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - It's crazy to think the greatest boxer that will ever exist fought over 60 years ago. I can't think of any other sport where the greatest has less of a chance of being surpassed than in boxing. I love him punching to the body with fists out of the clinch like a madman. He was simply born to do it.
To think of it that was is truly impressive. The level in all sports goes up and he was crushing people. Wold Beater status. Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 2:38 AM
Rabid Bunyip
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the goats Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 2:56 AM
chrisbaker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
10/13/13 2:59 AM
Stone Free

Whoever enhanced that film did a great job, amazing quality.
10/13/13 3:02 AM
Boxerdog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see somebody discovering the "legit old school". That man was one of the greatest ever!! Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 3:14 AM
boxing wiz
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.
10/13/13 4:06 AM
fasthandssam
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a boxing noob- thank you for posting this. Love it.
10/13/13 4:25 AM
kerazzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slowdiver - 
whoabro - Not very knowledgeable about boxing so id never actually watched his fights but damn!! He looks to me kind of wild and reckless but makes up for it with insane athleticism like prime RJJ-- is that a fair comparison or am i outing myself as a boxing noob? Phone Post 3.0

Don't worry about what the local historians say bud. You're a combat fan, and it is totally cool to just geek out at a highlight reel like that. high five!

I have seen very little footage of Ray. Clearly both hands were very heavy. A couple times I had to rewind to make sure I saw that left fly as fast as it did. Can anyone tell me about his defense? Didn't see much in this vid, but his face looked pretty worn. Was he slick or a tank?

His defense wasn't the greatest. Definitely not bad at all but he was hittable. Thing is he had a great chin and a great sense of distance so he moved in and out of range very well with his fast feet. He was cracked quite a bit though, he just took it like a champ.
10/13/13 4:35 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxing wiz - I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.
He literally did knock someone dead with a left hook didn't he? Jimmy Doyle I think his name was.

I always heard people talk about SRR as being the GOAT but I kind of shrugged it off cos of how long ago he fought.

Its only recently after taking the time to watch a few of his fights and seeing how many titles he won that I realized how great he really was. He wasn't just a great boxer but he was a true champion and avenged most of his losses. Definitely the GOAT imo. Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 4:39 AM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
boxing wiz - I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.

this^ a 5'11 welter with that type of speed and power with either hand and fluidity of movement, combined with a killer instinct and beyond solid chin would be a nightmare for todays guys who are all essentially lightweights and jr welters fighting up. floyd, bradley, marquez, manny are very small guys for the class.

10/13/13 5:19 AM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

Anyone can be beat

10/13/13 5:34 AM
boxing wiz
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The heat beat Ray that fight, not Maxim. When the ref is TKO's in the 11th due to exhaustion, you know it was a tough day at the office. Ray succumb to the heat a few minutes later, in a fight he was way ahead. Ray also weighed under 150 Lbs fighting for the 175lbs title.
10/13/13 5:47 AM
Chucklesmf
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That video gave me goosebumps. Awesome thread OP, VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 5:57 AM
OUTCOLD
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was the man
10/13/13 7:13 AM
Brabo Ben
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip - One of the goats Phone Post 3.0
THE goat Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 7:37 AM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had everything he was loose with speed power endurance timing footwork strategy and psyche.

Apparently he was a chronic worrier before the fight which he used to make himself train harder.... once in the ring all that disappeared.

He could box a slugger and slug a boxer... very few have even come close to him imo.
10/13/13 9:00 AM
ChrisAllen
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DAMN. What a beast. Phone Post 3.0
10/13/13 12:04 PM
David Lea
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing! Phone Post
10/13/13 12:33 PM
Truemanc3
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When he got beat by Maxim..... Robinson gave away 15lb and he lost because of the heat it was well over 100 degrees that night the referee collapsed due to heat exhaustion aswell.

Robinson was well ahead on points up until he succumbed to the heat.
10/13/13 12:39 PM
dennis5
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.