Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bisping decisioned my SN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No thanks. He is an asshole Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 12:46 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

hooha - For those who are not signing on but rather writing "no" or whatever, I believe you're just adding more hits to this post and helping to keep it alive.

That's good for those who support it but not for those who don't. SO if you aren't signing, maybe keep that in mind. Then again, I know people want to have their say, but it's being discussed on so many other threads, maybe it's pointless to post anti-Palhares stuff here.

There are MANY strong arguments for each side of this story, it's not black and white.

But HERE we support Palhares!!!

KEEP ON SIGNING!

If anyone knows how to keep this post really active, please chime in! I have to find it each time by typing "petition" in the search bar. Maybe 'coz I'm not a blue name...
Lol it doesn't matter how many of you idiots sign this. He is gone and not coming back. Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 12:56 PM
quality

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
hooha - For those who are not signing on but rather writing "no" or whatever, I believe you're just adding more hits to this post and helping to keep it alive.

That's good for those who support it but not for those who don't. SO if you aren't signing, maybe keep that in mind. Then again, I know people want to have their say, but it's being discussed on so many other threads, maybe it's pointless to post anti-Palhares stuff here.

There are MANY strong arguments for each side of this story, it's not black and white.

But HERE we support Palhares!!!

KEEP ON SIGNING!

If anyone knows how to keep this post really active, please chime in! I have to find it each time by typing "petition" in the search bar. Maybe 'coz I'm not a blue name...
Lol it doesn't matter how many of you idiots sign this. He is gone and not coming back. Phone Post 3.0

Probably true, but SIGNED. He deserves to sit out his suspension, not get the sub of the night bonus and get back in the Octagon once his suspension is up. Then no more chances (after this last one of course).
10/14/13 1:38 PM
hooha
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sabaki - Man, some of you guys dont get it..

The UFC had no problem with Frank Mir breaking nogueiras arm possibly ending his career. So its not about being to dangerous or any of that shit. ITS ABOUT FOLLOWING THE RULES. Nogueria didnt tap and the referee didnt step in - so broken arm it was...

ZUFFA/UFC has taken this sports a hell of a long way cleaning it up and making it into a sport that can be televised on the BIG channels.

UFC has no problem with people getting their teeth kicked in, their arms broken or their ACL blown... THEY DO HOWEVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FIGHTERS NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES..

Paul Daley was CUT for clearly fighting after the bell has gone - clear violation of the rules.

Paul Harris is an "ahole". He both didnt care for the multipletaps or even the referee stepping in..

If someone is tapping like that you should be aware of where the hell the referee is and that the fight is about to be stopped...

personally I dont want to see Paul Harris again - that guy isnt a fighter. A fighter knows when the game is over - paul harris doesnt play the game...

Yeah, a lot of us get it - we just don't agree with you. I didn't invoke Mir's name or anyone's name for that matter. The rules have been broken many times over the years and Paul Daley is one of the only examples of someone really getting banned like that. Palhares is a much greater and more relevant fighter than Daley - we don't want to see him banned, let alone banned forever.

And FinestScotch there are plenty of well-worded, thoughtful arguments written defending Palhares - hardly mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers.

Just one example of many: Gilbert Yvel's career never really skyrocketed, but as a fan, I was happy to see that he was given another chance after his transgressions and he did change as a person and a fighter. Many of us would like to see Palhares get the same opportunity.

And sure, probably this petition won't change anything - but we're fans, so we're trying! The UFC has changed things based on public demand - if there was a real outcry, things would change - but that doesn't seem to be the case here!
10/14/13 3:09 PM
Ramsey

Not signing....pen's out of ink. Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 3:52 PM
The Sultan
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a little over the top that they banned him. He should have gotten a stiff punishment but not a ban imho Phone Post
10/14/13 4:05 PM
Sessions
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed -

Palhares didn't break any rules.

Per the rule book:

"The referee is the sole arbiter of a contest and is the only individual authorized to stop a contest."

Less than a second was how long it took for Palhares to release.

Palhares didn't 'crank it'. The referee puts his head and uses his upper back, pushing him. This can been seen when you go frame by frame.

The referee was behind Palhares line of sight.

The cut is horrible since there have been so many submissions that have been held for an extra fraction of a second.

"Heelhooks" have become like pitbulls with their own special stigma. People saw Pierce's face and jumped on the mob wagon.

Palhares needs to be brought back.

10/14/13 4:20 PM
Pura Vida

Glad to see him gone, the guy has a long history of this nonsense, both in and outside of the UFC.

Babalu wishes he got as many chances as Paul Harris did.
10/14/13 6:26 PM
n3g
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed
10/14/13 6:27 PM
Chief Mac
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed. Paul Harris is the CHEWBACCA of MMA.
10/14/13 6:30 PM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SickEyeDiaz - 
tunaburn - He means he gave it another hard crank after the ref stopped it
Kinda like Hendo giving Bisping another shot "just to shut him up"! Phone Post 3.0

Except for the fact that no ref was trying to keep Hendo from throwing that second shot. 

10/14/13 6:33 PM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cryptic - Mir has broken more limbs, yet he's still under contract.

Those guys didn't tap. False comparison.

10/14/13 6:35 PM
IsmokeCrack

Signed Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 6:41 PM
Brabatross

Signed.
10/14/13 6:43 PM
acamp76144
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 7:42 PM
DTFan123

This hasn't happened once and frankly I don't care how good the guy is. He can potentially ruin someone's career with that bullshit. Either he gets help with a sports psychologist or he needs to find something in his life. Safety is more important than some fucking asshole fans getting their dicks hard over some knee bars.

NOT SIGNED Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 8:06 PM
ozjiujitsu
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 9:26 PM
TheDarthKnight

singed
10/14/13 9:41 PM
JitznPound

KFP49 -

Reinstate? NO WAY

Lifetime ban? NO WAY

I think Palhares should be cut and if he shows that he can keep a level head, then bring him back later, after a few fights.

This!!!
After watching his apology video it seems to me that he thinks that he hasn't done anything wrong, so unfortunately I don't think he will change. Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 11:44 PM
hooha
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the petition is picking up steam folks!!

let's keep it going - let's get it to BRAZIL!

so many examples of "unsportsmanlike" behavior over the years but people are focusing on this and arguing in circles. IF Palhares really did do something bad, well, can a fighter learn from their mistakes? History has shown they can, so give Toquinho another chance!

10/15/13 12:00 AM
kingkoopa

hooha - the petition is picking up steam folks!!

so many examples of "unsportsmanlike" behavior over the years but people are focusing on this and arguing in circles. IF Palhares really did do something bad, well, can a fighter learn from their mistakes? History has shown they can, so give Toquinho another chance!

I'm amazed that ppl have no problem going full torque on a sub in order to seriously injur, before the ref steps in, while being outraged by someone holding a sub .5 sec longer without serious injury Phone Post
10/15/13 1:19 AM
hooha

kingkoopa - 
hooha - the petition is picking up steam folks!!

I'm amazed that ppl have no problem going full torque on a sub in order to seriously injur, before the ref steps in, while being outraged by someone holding a sub .5 sec longer without serious injury Phone Post

yes
10/15/13 1:24 AM
Jimmy Rustler
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed

10/15/13 1:28 AM
ausgepicht

10/15/13 3:58 PM
hooha

ausgepicht - 

the part where you're writing "no" in a "yes" thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.