UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Jack Brown interview: KEITH KIZER

10/14/13 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Brown -  Any fighters on here to share their thoughts about Kizer and the Commission? Phone Post

You mean commit professional suicide? Why not ask them to talk about Dana White/the Fertittas?

10/14/13 7:52 PM
Jack Brown
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -
Jack Brown -  Any fighters on here to share their thoughts about Kizer and the Commission? Phone Post

You mean commit professional suicide? Why not ask them to talk about Dana White/the Fertittas?

Do you think fighters feel equally obliged to the Commission as they are to their bosses at the UFC? Phone Post
10/14/13 8:36 PM
CindyO

Brian J DSouza -

LOLOL!!!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 8:42 PM
CindyO

Jack Brown -
CindyO - 
Jack Brown -
CindyO -
Jack Brown -
Authority Figure -
ISW -  Sounded like a politician to me. Phone Post

He sounds like a professional. His job isn't to appease us or lay on his sword. That would be incredibly stupid and naive of him to do so.

Not one of us is willing to go on the record and tell people every mistake we've made in our line of work - then release it to millions of people.

He wasn't asked certain questions, so he didn't answer them. It was a great first interview and probably the sign that he wants to do more. Jack Brown did the right thing by not scaring him away on the first interview.

We should also recognize the potential for greater dialogue and information here and be thankful that someone is getting us there, bit by bit.

Wow. Nice way of putting it.

We did speak for another thirty minutes off the record after the interview, and I don't think Kizer would mind answering "tougher" questions. My first ten were of a broader scope, but sure, I asked him about BJM. He doesn't seem to be holding too much back. Then again I like every person I've interviewed. Phone Post
So there's a part two? I wanna hear the BJM story:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Cindy, what does dana really think of keith? Phone Post
I dunno:)

When will part two go up, Jack?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Sorry. Not planning to put out a part two.  I'm wrapping up the interviews very soon with #100.

Oh, ok then. Wish you hadn't dangled a carrot about additional things you discussed, like BJM, something EVERYONE would like to know, if you had no intentions of sharing it. Doubt he thought you would keep it a secret. Oh well, maybe someone else will ask Keith one day for us. Looks like he has no problem answering it. Thanks.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 9:12 PM
UGCTT_granite007
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/13 9:12 PM
Brian J DSouza - 

niiiiice :)

Thank you for the interview, Jack. Always good stuff.

10/15/13 1:59 AM
Korpiklaani

ttt
10/15/13 4:14 PM
Jack Brown
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Korpiklaani - ttt
. Phone Post
10/15/13 10:41 PM
Brian J DSouza

Edited: 10/15/13 10:42 PM
Jack Brown - Do you think fighters feel equally obliged to the Commission as they are to their bosses at the UFC? Phone Post

This is just my personal opinion, but if a fighter is worried about judging or the commission's rules, be smart and have a manager, publicist or a friend posing as a fan do the criticism.

One of the most memorable moments in sports history is when Larry Holmes lost to Michael Spinks and said the judges "must have been drunk."

Before that, he was talking about how Rocky Marciano couldn't carry his jockstrap. There were negative consequences for Holmes, obviously in terms of PR, but who knows how his comments affected the judging?

The articles by Zach Arnold say that one call from the Fertittas could end Kizer's tenure at the NSAC. So if fighters are smart, they won't criticize Kizer directly.

10/16/13 10:43 AM
Jack Brown

Brian J DSouza -
Jack Brown - Do you think fighters feel equally obliged to the Commission as they are to their bosses at the UFC? Phone Post

This is just my personal opinion, but if a fighter is worried about judging or the commission's rules, be smart and have a manager, publicist or a friend posing as a fan do the criticism.

One of the most memorable moments in sports history is when Larry Holmes lost to Michael Spinks and said the judges "must have been drunk."

Before that, he was talking about how Rocky Marciano couldn't carry his jockstrap. There were negative consequences for Holmes, obviously in terms of PR, but who knows how his comments affected the judging?

The articles by Zach Arnold say that one call from the Fertittas could end Kizer's tenure at the NSAC. So if fighters are smart, they won't criticize Kizer directly.

Interesting. Phone Post
10/27/13 5:05 PM
Jack Brown

Ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.