UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> What is your take on switching gyms?

10/27/13 2:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poet of Gore
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdog1955 - Stop paying and see where the loyalty thing goes.

and while your at it, go fuck other women behind your wife's back and see how the loyatly thing goes.

we pay a lot  more for a wife than bjj. trust me.

10/27/13 5:15 PM
Nada MT
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spider guard you are very wise good sir.

The "would they help me move" analogy is the gold standard in every situation imho.

I am comfortable knowing my current instructors would also chip in for beer.

However, I do have an acquaintance who trains at another academy and doesn't give a rats ass about forming personal relationships. He wants to train and win and says he has enough friends.

So I guess my point is go where you get what you want out of training and that is different for everyone. Phone Post
10/28/13 1:21 AM
The Popeye
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My opinion is. It's your money you choose where you spend it.
10/29/13 2:35 PM
BJJER
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It really depends.

If you treat it like business then expect to be treated like a customer.

If you have a relationship with your instructor and have many years, maybe 10 years, training with them, then it may get a little bit harder to just leave. In this situation you would most likely be leaving a family you've formed for a long time. This may take a long conversation and a really understanding instructor to break on good terms.

But in both situations if you are not getting what you want out of YOUR training then seek it out somewhere else.

But be aware that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Sometimes it really is on you to work hard to make your training what you want it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.