UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Any MMA'ers skilled enough to fight in GLORY ?

10/14/13 11:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McNutt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt dustin jacoby win a kickboxing tournament?? Phone Post
10/14/13 11:46 PM
ante_up81
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uh mousasi anyone?
10/14/13 11:51 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramy Daoud -
Frames4Life -
Ramy Daoud - Tatsuya Kawajiri, Kid Yamamoto, Genki Sudo all competed in k-1 and did pretty well. Phone Post 3.0
Kid got horrendously knocked out in his only legit K1 bout. Phone Post
What? He went the distance with Masato and even knocked him down. Phone Post 3.0
I think the KO he's thinking if is against Jae Hee Cheon. One of my favorite KOs. Phone Post
10/15/13 12:37 AM
Letibleu
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HYPEorDIE - 
Dmitriymateush -
jason73 - pat hd barry
Barry did fight a kick boxer remember? And got ktfo

Kongo Phone Post 3.0
Were we having a kickboxing match when we fought?
Nooooooooooo!!! Phone Post 3.0

You were having a "most impressive knockout" contest. Unfortunately Kongo won that time.
10/15/13 12:55 AM
dannyapodaca
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandon thatch. I think ben henderson.would fare well. Phone Post
10/15/13 1:12 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone said Bisping.. I totally agree, the count would have an easy transition

10/15/13 1:15 AM
SanshiroSugata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think PLENTY of mma fighters could be competitive in GLORY. However, I can't think of a single one I would favor to win an entire tournament or beat the elite guys like Roosmalen or Petrosyan.
10/15/13 1:16 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SanshiroSugata - I think PLENTY of mma fighters could be competitive in GLORY. However, I can't think of a single one I would favor to win an entire tournament or beat the elite guys like Roosmalen or Petrosyan.

Bisping

10/15/13 1:21 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddiePain420 - 
MartialArtsMixed - Mma fighters can't hang in k-1 type of striking competition. Not too talk shut or anything but I was there live when Seth petruzellu fought in the k-1 event in LA against a kickboxer and their techniques were worlds apart and he got tko'd in the 1st round. Phone Post 3.0

im sorry but thats just retarded, mirko cropcop just won k-1 and what about overeem? he beat sponge. both guys thats so-so in mma. overeem got ko'd like 10 times in pride, then wins k-1 grand prix. so by your logic k-1 champs cant hang in mma, not the other way around broskis

cro Cop came into MMA when he realized he was never going to win a K-1 Grand prix against the top guys...He's a kickboxer 1st..The K-1 he just won was against lower level competition.

Overeem is a kickboxer from Holland who got into K-1. He also does alot better when he's juiced to the gills, not cycling off like he is in MMA....So what if he beat Saki in K-1, but lost in MMA ? Different sport and different things and factors leading to those KO's

10/15/13 1:35 AM
Ramone8
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/13 1:37 AM
oops
10/15/13 1:36 AM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EddiePain420 -
MartialArtsMixed - Mma fighters can't hang in k-1 type of striking competition. Not too talk shut or anything but I was there live when Seth petruzellu fought in the k-1 event in LA against a kickboxer and their techniques were worlds apart and he got tko'd in the 1st round. Phone Post 3.0

im sorry but thats just retarded, mirko cropcop just won k-1 and what about overeem? he beat sponge. both guys thats so-so in mma. overeem got ko'd like 10 times in pride, then wins k-1 grand prix. so by your logic k-1 champs cant hang in mma, not the other way around broskis
Crocops k1 win the latest wgp was dog shit. And was a shoe in to win since croations funded the event.

I think a few can but it depends who they fight. Gegard did beat kyotaro, but thay was less than 2 weeks after he had that war with schilt so wish he tried to go further.

Reem was a muay thai fighter before he was a mma fighter and has been training with lucien carbin and guys at golden glory way before he went full kickboxer.

Pettis could do good if he doesn't get pressured.

The styles are just so different, that it can't be compared. I mean the guys who fought in kickboxing that came to mma like barry, mcsweeney, McDonald etc have not done so good.

Ground game changes everything Phone Post
10/15/13 1:37 AM
Ramone8
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmitriymateush - 
Letibleu -
HYPEorDIE - 
Dmitriymateush -
jason73 - pat hd barry

Kongo Phone Post 3.0

You were having a "most impressive knockout" contest. Unfortunately Kongo won that time.
"You were having?" What are you talking about? Phone Post 3.0

I'll assume he was talking to the man you quoted, Pat "HD" Barry, 1/2 of the bout you were referring to.
10/15/13 1:38 AM
HYPEorDIE
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmitriymateush -
HYPEorDIE -
Dmitriymateush -
jason73 - pat hd barry

Kongo Phone Post 3.0
Did anyone take the other down?? Noo! Because they wanted to stand and bang. Phone Post 3.0
Doesn't matter.
The threat of the takedown is still there.
And regardless of what "summa u" think, as long as the possibility of a takedown is there, u can't strike the way u would in a kickboxing match. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:53 AM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_5 for fighting - 
Ramy Daoud -
Frames4Life -
Ramy Daoud - Tatsuya Kawajiri, Kid Yamamoto, Genki Sudo all competed in k-1 and did pretty well. Phone Post 3.0
Kid got horrendously knocked out in his only legit K1 bout. Phone Post
What? He went the distance with Masato and even knocked him down. Phone Post 3.0
I think the KO he's thinking if is against Jae Hee Cheon. One of my favorite KOs. Phone Post

Also got KO'd against Mike Zambidis

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.