UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your happiest you've ever been about mma?

10/15/13 12:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obvious fight story's welcome, but also from a fan point of view as well! Mine would obviously be my mma debut where I won split decision in a war. But after the fight I was congratulated by OMA on here and Daniel "ninja" Roberts on FB. My heart dropped both times! Also the rampage vs. chuck fight, being in a room full of people wanten to fuck chuck. Hearing them talk trash all day long and the silence in the room as soon as the knockout occurred was priceless. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 12:51 AM
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also I wild eached it in the title Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 12:53 AM
teamquestnorth
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching Chael lock in the guillatine on Shogun. Phone Post
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Weidman vs silva. Do Santos Cain 1
Bacynski vs melancon Phone Post
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
teamquestnorth - Watching Chael lock in the guillatine on Shogun. Phone Post
That's up there Phone Post
10/15/13 12:56 AM
Team GDP
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the time andy front kicked vitor in the face

10/15/13 1:01 AM
SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito vs. Bader
Watching Bonnar vs. Griffin live
Cro Cop winning the OWGP
10/15/13 1:01 AM
Letibleu
1716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/13 1:02 AM

Having Joe Rogan mention something I did during 3 differend PPV main cards and then mentioning we met. It felt so weird.

Also every live UFC event in eastern Canada.

10/15/13 1:02 AM
teamquestnorth
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

Having Joe Rogan mention something I did during 3 differend PPV main cards and then mentioning we met. It felt so weird.

Thats pretty cool. Care to elaborate? Phone Post
10/15/13 1:21 AM
Brian_WCN
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-Starting an MMA organization
-Seeing our fights on Inside MMA
-Watching some of our fighters go on to fight on Bellator and WSOF. It's always been a main goal of ours to send these guys up to the main organizations.
-Having one of our fighters get signed by the UFC last weekend and fight this upcoming weekend at UFC166. I'm so excited for him to finally get signed by them. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:23 AM
Il Duce
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recently, Mendes TKO's Guida
Bones vs Gusta
Cain vs Lesnar was joyous Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:24 AM
Il Duce
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian_WCN - -Starting an MMA organization
-Seeing our fights on Inside MMA
-Watching some of our fighters go on to fight on Bellator and WSOF. It's always been a main goal of ours to send these guys up to the main organizations.
-Having one of our fighters get signed by the UFC last weekend and fight this upcoming weekend at UFC166. I'm so excited for him to finally get signed by them. Phone Post 3.0
Nice! Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:24 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Il Duce - Recently, Mendes TKO's Guida
Bones vs Gusta
Cain vs Lesnar was joyous Phone Post 3.0
Love all those too vtfu Phone Post
10/15/13 1:28 AM
pegson123

I was very proud of Mma after rousey carmouche Phone Post
10/15/13 1:31 AM
BJ Penn Forever
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank vs Tito
Randleman vs Rutten
Tank vs Oleg
Frank vs Enson
Pulver vs Penn
Coleman vs Frye
Coleman vs Mo and Williams
Vitor vs Couture
Sperry vs Zinovia
Renzo vs Oleg
Fulton's chock slam of Bulock
Sakuraba vs Newton

The list is too long. I'll stop now.

Fedor, Couture, Renzo, Penn, Frank Shamrock, Sakuraba, Big Nog, almost everything those guys ever touched turned to gold but there are others too. Like I said, I'll stop now.
10/15/13 1:31 AM
Letibleu
1716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/13 1:36 AM
teamquestnorth - 
Letibleu -

Well, a few years ago the UFC teamed up with NLOP poker (ZEN Entertainment) to have UFC poker. NLOP poker was free to play and relied on ad based marketing. You essentially played to accumulated points or qualifiers to get into tournaments for prizes like UFC tickets with airfair and accomodations, the entire UFC gallery and tapout gift certificates.

A friend of mine wanted to try so we registered at my house. Of course we tried our favorite fighter names but they were all blocked from being used. We tried Joe Rogan for the hell of it and it wasnt blocked!

So I played off and on as Joe Rogan on UFC poker. I was also doing pretty good. On the tables people would write in chat as if they were talking to Joe Rogan. I never answered back. They all played like shit and I actually won a lot of free merchandice. I believe that any edge in poker should be milked (at a table) while keeping it civil.

Fast forward a few weeks to UFC 107. I am at the local bar watching the BJ vs Sanchez title fight card. Goldberg plugs UFC poker and Joe goes on a rant about how someone is playing with his name but that its not him. Goldberg laughs about it. I realize they are talking about me! 

A week later I win the poker regionals (nothing to do with UFC poker) and go represent Newfoundland in Vegas. The trip also included UFC 109 tickets.

UFC 108 airs and again Joe rants about the Joe Rogan poker guy. I realize I might end up meeting him so I stop playing for a few weeks. I was training for the big tourney anyways so I didnt have time.

I fly down to Vegas. I have a handler and a journalist (from Newfoundland) following me around which makes me feel special. I meet a bunch of fighters which is really cool. My tourney is on a wednesday all day and I end up banking a bit (12th place out of 350 for about $12,500 USD).

The Joe Rogan standup show is sold out but I manage to gamble a ticket out of a drunk guy playing cash tables. I go to the show, get really drunk and even have to sit through Joe doing a bit about the Joe Rogan poker guy. After the show I stick around and Joe comes out and greets fans that waited around. I end up being last (by design). I am way more drunk than I wanted to be. We meet and I tell him who I am. We end up having a beer together and chit chat a bit. Joe has to go so we do a picture and he takes off. I could have tried to tag along but I knew how intoxicated i probably looked (and tired).

Next day during the broadcast Goldie plugs UFC poker and Joe mentions he met me and that its all cool and that he gave me permission to use the name.

That is all.

10/15/13 1:34 AM
BJ Penn Forever
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA is the only sport I watch other than a bit of boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, BJJ, no-gi, and Judo from time to time.

MMA is my only sport I follow so it has made me so happy on so many occasions.
10/15/13 1:35 AM
EatonBeever
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The signing....

10/15/13 1:35 AM
kingkoopa

Letibleu -
teamquestnorth - 
Letibleu -

Well, a few years ago the UFC teamed up with NLOP poker (ZEN Entertainment to have UFC poker. NLOP poker was free and worked as ad based marketing. You essentially played to accumulated points or qualifiers to get into tournaments for prizes like UFC tickets with airfair and accomodations, the entire UFC gallery and tapout gift certificates.

A friend of mine wanted to try so we registered at my house. Of course we tried our favorite fighter names but they were all blocked from being used. We tried Joe Rogan for the hell of it and it wasnt blocked!

So I played off and on as Joe Rogan on UFC poker. I was also doing pretty good. On the tables people would write in chat as if they were talking to Joe Rogan. I never answered back. They all played like shit and I actually won a lot of free merchandice. I believe that any edge in poker should be milked (at a table) while keeping it civil.

Fast forward a few weeks to UFC 107. I am at the local bar watching the BJ vs Sanchez title fight card. Goldberg plugs UFC poker and Joe goes on a rant about how someone is playing with his name but that its not him. Goldberg laughs about it. I realize they are talking about me! 

A week later I win the poker regionals (nothing to do with UFC poker) and go represent Newfoundland in Vegas. The trip also included UFC 109 tickets.

UFC 108 airs and again Joe rants about the Joe Rogan poker guy. I realize I might end up meeting him so I stop playing for a few weeks. I was training for the big tourney anyways so I didnt have time.

I fly down to Vegas. I have a handler and a journalist (from Newfoundland) following me around which makes me feel special. I meet a bunch of fighters which is really cool. My tourney is on a wednesday all day and I end up banking a bit (12th place out of 350 for about $12,500 USD).

The Joe Rogan standup show is sold out but I manage to gamble a ticket out of a drunk guy playing cash tables. I go to the show, get really drunk and even have to sit through Joe doing a bit about the Joe Rogan poker guy. After the show I stick around and Joe comes out and greets fans that waited around. I end up being last (by design). I am way more drunk than I wanted to be. We meet and I tell him who I am. We end up having a beer together and chit chat a bit. Joe has to go so we do a picture and he takes off. I could have tried to tag along but I knew how intoxicated i probably looked (and tired).

Next day during the broadcast Goldie plugs UFC poker and Joe mentions he met me and that its all cool and that he gave me permission to use the name.

That is all.

Ha that's legit!

Happiest about mma had to b 06-07

And chael getting tapped by psycho filho Phone Post
10/15/13 1:43 AM
teamquestnorth

Letibleu - 
teamquestnorth - 
Letibleu -

Well, a few years ago the UFC teamed up with NLOP poker (ZEN Entertainment) to have UFC poker. NLOP poker was free to play and relied on ad based marketing. You essentially played to accumulated points or qualifiers to get into tournaments for prizes like UFC tickets with airfair and accomodations, the entire UFC gallery and tapout gift certificates.

That is all.

Awesome story. I love poker too. VTFU
10/15/13 1:50 AM
savage043

I think it's awesome how something kinda insignificant to one person in this sport can mean everything to someone else. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:54 AM
TheBulgarianAssassin
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Burkman guillotined Fitch.
10/15/13 1:56 AM
TheBulgarianAssassin
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also when I won my 1st fight. There's something special about winning your 1st fight. Mine was quite the fight.
10/15/13 2:00 AM
Condit_2139
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -
teamquestnorth - 
Letibleu -

That is all.

Well there goes my VU for the day Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 2:04 AM
Das_410
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before my pro debut Renzo walked in the back and wished me luck. I Ko'ed my opponent and jumped over the cage and shared the victory with one of my favorite fighters. I found out about him when I was 12 and first got into MMA-NHB through the smashing machine documentary. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.