UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18, Episode 7 results & recap

10/16/13 9:02 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tonight's episode of the Ultimate Fighter: Rousey vs. Tate featured the third elimination match in the men's bracket as Josh Hill took on Michael Wooten:

TEAM TATE'S JOSH HILL (9-0) VS. TEAM ROUSEY'S MICHAEL WOOTTEN (6-0)

Round 1 – Hill quickly shoots for a takedown and gets Wootten's back up against the cage. Hill has a body lock but struggles to take the fight to the ground. He switches to a double leg, picks Wootten up off the ground, walks across the cage and slams the Brit on his back. Wootten attempts a guillotine choke from the bottom, but Hill escapes. Wootten gives up his back, and Hill begins to work for a rear-naked choke. Hill briefly secures the choke but Wootten peels off the hands and escapes. Wootten stands up, and Hill again presses him against the cage. Wootten throws knees and elbows but fails to land anything significant. Referee Herb Dean breaks the action to return Hill's mouthpiece, which fell out during an earlier exchange. Hill continues to work for a single leg takedown and occasionally breaks to throw strikes. Wootten reverses the position, and the round ends with both men throwing strikes against the cage.

Round 2 – Wootten presses forward with a leaping right knee that lands flush on Hill's chin. Hill is down but grabs one of his opponent's legs and manages to return to a standing position. Wootten takes Hill down with a double leg. Hill attempts a kimura but Wootten escapes. Wootten throws punches and elbows from the guard with Hill's head pinned against the cage. Hill escapes to his feet and presses Wootten against the fence. Wootten breaks away from the position and throws a front kick that grazes the face of Hill. Wootten shoots for a double-leg takedown that is stuffed. Hill then grabs the neck and drops for a guillotine choke, but Wootten escapes. The Englishman fires with strikes from the guard, forcing Hill to give up his back. Hill reverses position and is now in Wootten's guard throwing strikes. Hill ends the round on top.

The judges declare the fight a draw after two rounds, and a third "sudden-victory" round will take place to determine a winner.

Round 3 – Hill opens the round with a spinning backfist that misses. Wootten is unsuccessful on another takedown attempt but gets Hill against the cage. Both men throw strikes from the clinch position, and Hill then gets Wootten's back to the cage. After several more reversals of position, Hill establishes control. Wootten breaks the position, and the fighters are at striking range. Hill attempts a wild spinning backfist and falls to the ground. Wootten jumps in the guard, where he throws strikes. Wootten closes the round with an onslaught of ground strikes that nearly finish Hill before the final bell rings.

Michael Wootten def. Josh Hill via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

read entire article...

Discuss the show live as it airs and check back after 11:00 for results of the fight and a recap of the episode.

10/16/13 10:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ranier wolfcastle
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so who is the blurred out edmond rousey character?

i am thinking maybe someone from austin powers. i shall google now

10/16/13 10:16 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From Dodgeball. Phone Post
10/16/13 10:18 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We do the side to side shrimps.

Call them baby makers. Phone Post
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Ronda knows some cool moves on the ground. Phone Post 3.0
Ch1ef
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet butt scoot. Phone Post
10/16/13 10:21 PM
ranier wolfcastle
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada -  From Dodgeball. Phone Post

10/16/13 10:22 PM
ds1970
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - Wow Ronda knows some cool moves on the ground. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, those moves looked really hard too Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 10:22 PM
Ch1ef
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, got the mole and everything. Phone Post
10/16/13 10:23 PM
ds1970
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -
torquemada -  From Dodgeball. Phone Post

From a distance, I thought they were pics of Frida Kahlo Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 10:25 PM
ds1970

Ronda seems to have a bit of a crush Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 10:28 PM
ranier wolfcastle

i hate the fox sports announcer

he says only on ef ax!

and

fox sports wan!

10/16/13 10:29 PM
MoomBah
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at "there's offensive pictures of YOU on the wall".

Lmao at it being racist Phone Post
10/16/13 10:38 PM
ranier wolfcastle

3 round decision for sure

fights started with 30 minutes of show left

striker guy will win next round. grappler will probably be gassed and lose the 3rd

sure looked like he had that choke, but he finger grabbed to defend...

10/16/13 10:40 PM
Jack Brown
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is a wizardess? Phone Post
10/16/13 10:44 PM
EtownGGod
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is marina in the corner trying to scream advice...isn't she just an amateur? Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 10:47 PM
jamesklyne

Sitting here and watching TUF with a female friend. She noted how boring the wrestlers are lol. The reason I stopped watching as much mma as I used to is because I got sick of seeing wrestlers burry their head in the opponents chest to eek out decisions. Phone Post
10/16/13 10:55 PM
garrote
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 10:56 PM
caposa
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horrible fight IQ by Josh Hill. Spinning backfists? Really? Phone Post 3.0
xaeo

Josh hill, worst fighter ever? Phone Post 3.0
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems like these coaches can't pick fights for shit.

i think they're at one apiece for picking fights for their team members that they've won.

Seems like the worst record of fight picks on the show in ages...like control means nothing.

Is it just me?
10/16/13 11:00 PM
Brabatross

Who the fuck wants to see a recap episode?
10/16/13 11:02 PM
FJP111
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So next week's episode is going to be a clip show, and they won't show the two fights until the following week? I guess I'll be skipping next week. I have no need to see what I have already seen.
10/16/13 11:03 PM
Glovegate

The Little Axe Murderer - Is Dana white retarded, Josh picked him up and slammed him, then took his back and almost submitted him. How was that pushing against the cage and clinching? D Phone Post 3.0

Dana shouldn't be angry, it's Zuffa that chooses these guys.

Bendo tried out for season 9 and got turned down! BENDO.

And my god, could Ronda behave with any less class?
10/16/13 11:04 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Sarah have leg kicks in her arsenal...she looks like she can chop a tree down with hose legs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.