UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18, Episode 7 results & recap

10/17/13 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NocauteMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am really enjoying this season, it's not about the coaches just watching these girls fight Is exciting.
10/17/13 2:36 PM
Winston Wolf

NocauteMMA - I am really enjoying this season, it's not about the coaches just watching these girls fight Is exciting.

Hi one of the girls on the show
10/17/13 2:55 PM
sacredhate
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arecsa - A recap episode next week? Holy shit, which dumbass thought that was a good idea? Seeing the 'drama' once each week is enough, I don't need another hour of that shit. Ronda's ground moves were pretty cool, great core strength.

I think they plan for a recap episode so they can revisit how they edited footage in the first part of the season and reinforce storylines and themes or create brand new storylines and themes.

Never before seen footage and editing can be used to completely change the dynamics for the back half of the season. Will be interesting if it is used to do damage control on Rhonda's image.
10/17/13 5:20 PM
NocauteMMA

Edited: 10/17/13 5:24 PM
<blockquote>Winston Wolf - <blockquote>NocauteMMA - I am really enjoying this season, it's not about the coaches just watching these girls fight Is exciting.</blockquote><br /> Hi one of the girls on the show</blockquote><br /> haha funny guy, but the females are doing around over 200,000 more views than the male Fighters it's just what people are more interested in seeing right now. plus all of their fight I've been pretty damn exciting. ;-)
10/17/13 7:16 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - Horrible fight IQ by Josh Hill. Spinning backfists? Really? Phone Post 3.0
Lol, what else can you say really? Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 7:33 PM
MMAtador

time traveling 12er -
The Little Axe Murderer - Wtf is Meisha on, Peggy towers over Sarah Phone Post 3.0

She said weight-wise. As in walking around weight they were to two biggest girls in the house.

What makes the pic racist is that Edmond doesn't have a uni-brow. It would be like posting a chinky eyed pic of an asian coach even though that particular coach had abnormally large eyes or posting a big nosed pic of a jewish coach even though he has a normal nose. They're playing up an armenian stereotype as an insult. Not a big deal, but to say race wasn't involved is just dumb.

You are a dumb fuck period. Sorry just my opinion Phone Post
10/17/13 7:41 PM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAtador - 
time traveling 12er -
The Little Axe Murderer - Wtf is Meisha on, Peggy towers over Sarah Phone Post 3.0

She said weight-wise. As in walking around weight they were to two biggest girls in the house.

What makes the pic racist is that Edmond doesn't have a uni-brow. It would be like posting a chinky eyed pic of an asian coach even though that particular coach had abnormally large eyes or posting a big nosed pic of a jewish coach even though he has a normal nose. They're playing up an armenian stereotype as an insult. Not a big deal, but to say race wasn't involved is just dumb.

How about some backup to your argument. Or do you even have one? You think if the coach was Jewish and looked exactly the same they would have still done the eyebrow thing? Seriously? If he actually had a unibrow that would be one thing, but he doesn't. Someone pointed out that Armenia isn't a race. Great. So it was culturally bigoted. But then what's cultural about the thickness of your eyebrows?
10/17/13 9:12 PM
jack_wilshere
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The spinning back fists were bullshit. Ronda's claim that the picture was racist was bullshit. And next weeks recap show will be utter bullshit.

On a more positive note, I thought similarly to most of this season the fight was very entertaining.

Quote of the season has to be "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR EATING BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST"

and a close second from Holdsworth "Little hot tub time machine action". Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 1:36 AM
effinggoof
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - Does Sarah have leg kicks in her arsenal...she looks like she can chop a tree down with hose legs.

Yes, she can kick.
10/18/13 2:04 AM
DABJJ BEN

This is pure speculation, but is there a possibility that they needed a recap episode to replace an episode with a bunch of footage that was not salvagable due to some sort of incident that UFC isn't proud of? The whole season seems to have a weird tone that something is under the surface that I can't quite put my finger on. I repeat, this is pure speculation. Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 6:43 AM
MMAtador

time traveling 12er -
MMAtador - 
time traveling 12er -

How about some backup to your argument. Or do you even have one? You think if the coach was Jewish and looked exactly the same they would have still done the eyebrow thing? Seriously? If he actually had a unibrow that would be one thing, but he doesn't. Someone pointed out that Armenia isn't a race. Great. So it was culturally bigoted. But then what's cultural about the thickness of your eyebrows?
Not at all I just think its not that serious, didn't people urinate in water bottles in one of the first seasons or something crazy worse than this unibrow garbage. Phone Post
10/18/13 4:13 PM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAtador - 
time traveling 12er -
MMAtador - 
time traveling 12er -

Not at all I just think its not that serious, didn't people urinate in water bottles in one of the first seasons or something crazy worse than this unibrow garbage. Phone Post

Yeah I said it wasn't a big deal in the post you quoted. I was pointing out that suggesting the fact that the guy was Armenia had nothing to do with it is stupid. So what exactly makes me a dumb fuck? Did you actually read my post?
10/18/13 4:14 PM
time traveling 12er

DABJJ BEN - This is pure speculation, but is there a possibility that they needed a recap episode to replace an episode with a bunch of footage that was not salvagable due to some sort of incident that UFC isn't proud of? The whole season seems to have a weird tone that something is under the surface that I can't quite put my finger on. I repeat, this is pure speculation. Phone Post 3.0

I doubt it. In the scrum he says the recap episode was made for thanksgiving week and they may have run the wrong promo.
10/18/13 4:59 PM
Edelweiss
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er -
DABJJ BEN - This is pure speculation, but is there a possibility that they needed a recap episode to replace an episode with a bunch of footage that was not salvagable due to some sort of incident that UFC isn't proud of? The whole season seems to have a weird tone that something is under the surface that I can't quite put my finger on. I repeat, this is pure speculation. Phone Post 3.0

I doubt it. In the scrum he says the recap episode was made for thanksgiving week and they may have run the wrong promo.
It definitely wasn't the thanksgiving promo. The announcer said in two weeks, the last two first round fights would happen. We are getting a weird mid-show recap.

Maybe, just maybe, the editing team is re-editing the remaining episodes since everyone has turned on Ronda. They have to win her back some fans.

There hasn't been a season where a coach became so vilified, or where Dana stopped the pranks. This is just weird. I'll ask again, has there been a mid-season recap show ever before? Phone Post
10/18/13 7:39 PM
time traveling 12er

Edelweiss - 
time traveling 12er -

It definitely wasn't the thanksgiving promo. The announcer said in two weeks, the last two first round fights would happen. We are getting a weird mid-show recap.

Maybe, just maybe, the editing team is re-editing the remaining episodes since everyone has turned on Ronda. They have to win her back some fans.

There hasn't been a season where a coach became so vilified, or where Dana stopped the pranks. This is just weird. I'll ask again, has there been a mid-season recap show ever before? Phone Post

I think you're reading too much into it. I doubt white is even very connected to what's going on. Also if they wanted to recut stuff there's no reason they would create a whole new episode to give them extra time to edit other episodes. It doesn't make sense since editing would take less time than creating a new episode out of left over footage.

Every season they do the same thing, they paint on coach as a villain and the other as a hero. Then at some point they do a switch and start showing the negative side of one and try to play up the positive of another. This new no-prank think has more to do with the change in direction for the show overall. Last season had much less hijinks in the house as well and was much more documentary like.
10/19/13 3:09 AM
Edelweiss
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with what you are saying, I was just playing devil's advocate for a minute.

I think we are the last two on this thread. So, cheers to you for gutting it out with me. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.