UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The beard abides

10/17/13 8:59 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC president Dana White thinks Roy Nelson's beard is bad for business.

“Who would want that thing laying on their face? Seriously?" said White previously. "That long, nasty, ratty looking thing in your mouth, rubbing on your face? It’s ridiculous. They shouldn’t be allowed to have beards that big. If you want a beard, trim that thing down and make it look normal. It’s disgusting.”

Roy Nelson and his beard are fighting Daniel Cormier this Saturday live on PPV at UFC 166, and Daniel Cormier doesn't like the beard, either.

"The thing about the beard is it doesn't seem to be well-kept, so I'm going to request that there's a rubber band in it and that it comes straight down," said Cormier recently "Also, I'm going to ask that they put his hair in two plaits off to the side. Part it down the middle, plait it on the sides. I don't want it all in my face."

Nelson presumably likes the beard just fine.

"If a beard is an unfair advantage, surely Cormier should have had a beard when he failed in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics," quipped Nelson in response.

Cormier took it the authorities, petitioning the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which will be regulating UFC 166, to do something about the beard. However, as reported on “UFC Tonight” the Texas commission responded that they don't regulate facial hygiene.

So Saturday night, Roy Nelson is free to sport the beard proudly, and Daniel Cormier is free to punch it.

For his part, when asked how the planned to win, Nelson's stated concern was Cormier hugging.

"There's a couple different ways," said Nelson. "I think the biggest thing is don't let him hug me. Don't let him push me up against the cage and just do a boring, ugly fight and piss the fans off. I think that's the biggest thing you don't want to do is piss the fans off because they are the ones that pay the bills."

What do you think of the beard? And who do you think wins Saturday night?

10/17/13 9:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vizslarex
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like his beard. It pisses Dana off , but adds color to Roy's already colorfully personality. I also like his fights Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:18 AM
spragatomic
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like beard envy from Dana

The beard stays! Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:20 AM
Uncle Muay Thai
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The beard to be feared Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:22 AM
Stevius
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a member of the Greater Hartford Beard and Mustache Club I say keep the beard. No one should shave. Dont be a clean shaven goof!

That being said I always put a band in my beard while rolling out of respect for my partners Phone Post
10/17/13 9:32 AM
Scb669
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bald Dana painted quite the disgusting homoerotic verbal picture there. Yikes.

"On top of you....in your mouth.......etc"

Gonna screencap it as an appetite suppressant / diet aid Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:38 AM
Purple Veiny Doom
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Running drops pounds..... But Beards drop panties. Phone Post
10/17/13 9:42 AM
GregNoActionJackson
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you not love Roy. That dude is awesome Phone Post
10/17/13 9:53 AM
MVP131

Sayin it looks dirty and unkept is just stupid. Its simply a beard with grey throughout it.. Dana and Cormier have beard envy! Phone Post
10/17/13 9:55 AM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should just "wrap it up" for fights. He mentioned how his training partners left, maybe it was the beard. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:59 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MVP131 -  Sayin it looks dirty and unkept is just stupid. Its simply a beard with grey throughout it.. Dana and Cormier have beard envy! Phone Post

You can't look at Roy's beard and think anything other than "I'll bet it dangles in his soup." Gross.
10/17/13 10:01 AM
RockTheVote
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

both of those guys said some of the funniest shit ever in that story. failing in the olypmics due to lack of beard. plaiting the beard. high five to each.

10/17/13 10:06 AM
CaptChaos
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a few guys that should pull their hair back and clean up their facial hair.

Clay Guida's do is annoying. Not only does it get in his own face but its probably very annoying for his opponent plus, and I think this is the most I,portent piece, it's hard to see if strikes are landing when all that hair is flying around.

Out of decency Roy should trim or clean up the beard. It's just not cool to your opponent IMO.

Plus it has to act as a pad against strikes.
10/17/13 10:12 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptChaos - There are a few guys that should pull their hair back and clean up their facial hair.

Clay Guida's do is annoying. Not only does it get in his own face but its probably very annoying for his opponent plus, and I think this is the most I,portent piece, it's hard to see if strikes are landing when all that hair is flying around.

Out of decency Roy should trim or clean up the beard. It's just not cool to your opponent IMO.

Did you just say a beard acts as a fluff for strikes?

Hold on...

No, you definitely said that. I'll see myself out. Phone Post
10/17/13 10:17 AM
LucasBTiger
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptChaos - There are a few guys that should pull their hair back and clean up their facial hair.

Bendo needs to cut or braid his muff... He drove me NUTS in that Gil fight, flipping that shit every 5 seconds.

But, hey... He was a world champion and I'm just a dude posting on the interwebs on the shitter. So... Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 10:17 AM
RockTheVote
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 

Did you just say a beard acts as a fluff for strikes?

Hold on...

No, you definitely said that. I'll see myself out. Phone Post

thats why kimbo is such an amazing fighter. he can keep his hands down and still protect his chin. do you even watch ufc?

10/17/13 10:19 AM
stonepony

Would there be any rules against Roy pulling the beard straight up over his head and braiding it in to his hair?
10/17/13 11:47 AM
Ninja Tea Party

If you have to petition an athletic body to regulate your opponent's beard then you've already lost the fight, you've already told the world "I have nothing for this guy, nothing. Maybe if they trim his beard I can win?".
10/17/13 12:10 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - 

TEXAS! 'MERICA! BEARDS!

btw Conor is sporting a flashy beard in his latest "I love Jesus" video. Wonder if Dana will give his lucky leprechaun shit for it come fight day.
 Phone Post

That was uh....interesting. Really hope Connor can handle the new found fame better than Jones did.

10/17/13 12:31 PM
You're a Good Boy

His beard is weird and his stache is trash Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 12:41 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally would like to compete against Nelson with that beard. Well actually beard or no beard I probably wouldn't enjoy it as I'd get mauled in seconds BUT i am happy Texas AC didn't do anything and here is why....

Cormier said that his reasons for petitioning the commission were to "one up" Roy and "why not Roy must want to keep it if he has it so I'm messing with him" Paraphrasing just a tad but I didn't think that was fair play by Cormier.
10/17/13 1:20 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Nelson had a bad "crab" problem in that beard before. I wouldn't want that nasty s... even close to me. Those little f....s, jump.
10/17/13 1:25 PM
SD CARTEL
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is jealous he can't grow one...the baldfather is jelly.
10/17/13 1:31 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya right. lol
10/17/13 1:33 PM
sacredhate
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has Johny trimmed his bad boy down?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.