UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sanchez wants title fight with win Saturday

10/17/13 12:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When Diego Sanchez first dropped to the lightweight division, he won two bouts and was awarded a title bout with BJ Penn. Sanchez would lose the bout and return to the welterweight division. Now having returned to the lightweight division, Sanchez is hopeful it's just two wins and he'll have another shot at the lightweight title, now held by Anthony Pettis:

"Gilbert Melendez is my golden ticket," Sanchez declared on Wednesday. "I've done it before. I fought two fights in 2009 at 155. Straight to the belt.

"(Melendez) has never been stopped. He avenged two of his three losses. His only loss is to Benson Henderson in a split decision that I felt went his way, so in a way I'm fighting a guy who's almost untainted. And if I go in there, and I stop this guy, I think it makes a real case for a title shot."

read entire article...

10/17/13 12:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sanchez could give Pettis a million problems in a fight. Just the way they match up makes for an incredible fight..

For that reason alone I want to see Diego win. Phone Post
10/17/13 12:24 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he stops Gil, Diego would certainly be a top contender instantly, and other than TJ Grant no one else would be right in line for a title shot.

Don't see how Diego wins this fight, though, much less by finish.
10/17/13 12:25 PM
JROTT
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - If he stops Gil, Diego would certainly be a top contender instantly, and other than TJ Grant no one else would be right in line for a title shot.

Don't see how Diego wins this fight, though, much less by finish.
Exactly what I was thinking Phone Post
10/17/13 12:30 PM
B_Goetz

Diego via walking forward into punches.
10/17/13 12:31 PM
PUBLICnoose

War dream Phone Post
10/17/13 12:36 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

He just lost his last fight(I don't give a fuck what the "judges" said) Phone Post
10/17/13 12:49 PM
sockeye
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes! Yes! Yes! YES! YES!!!!!

* does cartwheels Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:03 PM
Random Poster

Edited: 10/17/13 1:03 PM
El Nino is gonna stop the Diego LW hype. The LW division has passed Diego by, he is gonna get beat by most of the top 10 if he stays at 155. <br /><br />Unless the judges have been drinking or smoking crack again.
10/17/13 1:19 PM
HandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think deigo has what it takes to beat the best In this division Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:34 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rofl. He thinks he is going to stop Gil. That's so cute. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:39 PM
Delorian
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A dominant victory for Diego will put him in a great position for title contention.

Pettis vs. Diego is a fight I'd love to pay to see, but the same can be said for a Pettis vs. Melendez matchup.

I just hope for a good fight. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:58 PM
M Theory
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refuse to Lose -  Sanchez could give Pettis a million problems in a fight. Just the way they match up makes for an incredible fight..

For that reason alone I want to see Diego win. Phone Post

Curious to what you think Diego would bring that Bendo couldn't. I think Gil is going to remind "the dream" that he has no business mentioning anyone in the top five at 55.

10/17/13 2:02 PM
ShieldsWrestleBangedMySN

Diego "the robot" Sanchez is gonna get whooped. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 2:15 PM
Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong

Random Poster - El Nino is gonna stop the Diego LW hype. The LW division has passed Diego by, he is gonna get beat by most of the top 10 if he stays at 155. <br /><br />Unless the judges have been drinking or smoking crack again.

what "Diego LW hype"???

Gilbert Melendez is a 7-1 favorite you stupid fucking donkey.

10/17/13 2:18 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong -
Random Poster - El Nino is gonna stop the Diego LW hype. The LW division has passed Diego by, he is gonna get beat by most of the top 10 if he stays at 155. <br /><br />Unless the judges have been drinking or smoking crack again.

what "Diego LW hype"???

LOL Phone Post
10/17/13 2:20 PM
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - Diego via walking forward into punches.

That's about what it would take, I believe.
10/17/13 2:23 PM
snookerbank
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong -

what "Diego LW hype"???

Schooled Donkey !!!!! Phone Post
10/17/13 3:11 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

"Pettis vs. Diego is a fight I'd love to pay to see"

Really? It seems like it would be hopelessly one-sided. I doubt Diego could take him down and he would be annihilated on the feet.
10/17/13 3:15 PM
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - "Pettis vs. Diego is a fight I'd love to pay to see"

Really? It seems like it would be hopelessly one-sided. I doubt Diego could take him down and he would be annihilated on the feet.

He must be the "Just Bleed" guy, as that's what Diego would be doing for 4(+?) rounds.
10/17/13 3:48 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a secret weapon, the leopard print spandex he was wearing during the Countdown to UFC 166 has taken his training to new levels!
10/17/13 3:52 PM
neibs

Who does he think he is? bj penn or randy couture? Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:25 PM
HandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TARRat -
B_Goetz - Diego via walking forward into punches.

That's about what it would take, I believe.
The judges like to call that octagon control Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:44 PM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/17/13 5:45 PM
NocauteMMA

Don't really care for either fighter but I will be rooting for Sanchez here Melendez annoys me

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.