UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I wanted Fedor so f@$%ing bad

10/18/13 12:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week, former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko revealed to WHOA! TV that he felt the reason he never was fought in the UFC was because UFC president Dana White didn't like him.

"In my opinion, everything was in Dana White's hands,' says Emelianenko. "Because at that moment, I just felt like 'this guy, he just hates us.' Like, personally to me. There were insults coming from Dana White all the time. There were many very loud things said, but for real nothing happened. It was all talk."

UFC president Dana White was asked about the remarks at a media event on Thursday.

"Me and Lorenzo were f---ing laughing about that," said White. "Yeah so I hated him. Who did I hate worse than Tito? The guy lost f--king 100 fights in a row and retired in the UFC.

"We made every big fight with every fighter since we bought this company. You don't think we wanted to do Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar? I f---ing wanted to make that fight so bad."

"Brock wanted that fight. Brock wanted that fight bad."

"We had to build a f--king stadium in Russia, and we had to do all this stupid s---, stuff that no normal f--king human being would do. And now they lay in bed every night and regret not doing that deal."

"I explained this to Fedor. ‘We're catching a moment in time, right here, right now, where this fight between you and Brock Lesnar will be f---ing massive. We're talking Dallas, Texas Stadium. This huge fight between these two big heavyweight guys. We're laying this massive f---ing offer on the table.' I said, ‘You're one punch away from being worth f---ing zero.'

"'This is the f---ing moment, the time. We all need to seize this moment and make this f---ing happen.'"

"It's not even that I regret it. Dude, when I tell you that we did everything... someday I'll tell you the story of how much we offered that f---er, too. People will f---ng s---. It made no sense. It's one of those type of deals.

"The NFL does $9 billion in television revenue. Makes no sense for the network. The network doesn't make a dime off the NFL, but you gotta have the NFL, right? The NFL pulls ratings like anything. This was one of those deals where it's like, this makes no f---ing sense whatsoever. And literally when we got on the plane, when we were flying back, we were like, ‘Thank f---ing God they turned that offer down.'"

White has for many years been adamant that the MMA G.O.A.T. is Anderson Silva, but he was asked if Fedor was the best in the world of his time?

"Maybe he was," said White. "Maybe he was when he was fighting in Pride. Maybe he was. I don't know, because we never got to make some of the fights we wanted to make.

"Who knows. Maybe Fedor knocks out Brock, because we saw Brock against guys that hit hard. And that's probably what (Fedor and manager Vadim Finkelstein) look at it now. Like, ‘Goddamn.'"

Read entire article...

10/18/13 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May have been the best deal Dana never made.

I doubt Fedor/Brock would've been nearly as huge as the UFC believes, at least not unless Fedor came into the UFC and smashed a few guys first.

And from the sounds of it Dana was offering millions to a guy that was about to lose 3 in a row and had trouble early with Arlovski and Rogers. If he came in and either Brock beat him or another Gonzaga-Cro Cop happens, what then?
10/18/13 12:58 PM
FETT_the geek
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beep

10/18/13 12:58 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's the nicest thing Dana has ever said about Fedor. Phone Post
10/18/13 1:00 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_the geek -

beep

Beep beep Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 1:04 PM
superCulo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can look at this two ways. Fedor made the biggest mistake by not signing to ufc and signing to strike force. Fedor is my favorite fighter, but he got exposed. Fedor however is not fighting for respect, he is fighting for Russia and his people. That's why he wanted that stadium, that's why he wanted all these crazy things. He is only fighting for his country and he is fighting for what he believes in. And that to me is the definition of a true warrior. Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 1:06 PM
superCulo

Fighting was the only thing Fedor was ever good at, but at least he always fought for what he believed in. Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 1:07 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana White to the greatest fighter of all time, hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time-

"You should sign with my promotion because you are only 1 punch away from being worth nothing"

Yeah, that was a very stupid thing to say at the negotiating table.  Dana has shown he can hold himself accountable, unfortunately either his ego is too big, or he fears the downfall would be too much if he admitted he shouldn't have been so brash when dealing with Fedor.

10/18/13 1:22 PM
kinson

Didn't Hendo beat fedor? Just saying. Phone Post
10/18/13 1:27 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd still pay to see it.
10/18/13 1:27 PM
jaime kingslayer lannister

kinson - Didn't Hendo beat fedor? Just saying. Phone Post
Like durrrrr, try harder peasant. Just saying. Phone Post
10/18/13 1:32 PM
Tilla

Fox censored my Chael screen name - 

Dana White to the greatest fighter of all time, hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time-

"You should sign with my promotion because you are only 1 punch away from being worth nothing"

Yeah, that was a very stupid thing to say at the negotiating table.  Dana has shown he can hold himself accountable, unfortunately either his ego is too big, or he fears the downfall would be too much if he admitted he shouldn't have been so brash when dealing with Fedor.

This.
10/18/13 1:38 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
10/18/13 1:41 PM
PoRrIDgE FC

"I have very little respect for your fighting ability or your achievements, and pretty soon you'll be worthless, but I'm prepared to throw you a bone anyway. So if you'll just sign here and here."
10/18/13 1:45 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoRrIDgE FC - "I have very little respect for your fighting ability or your achievements, and pretty soon you'll be worthless, but I'm prepared to throw you a bone anyway. So if you'll just sign here and here."
Guess they should have spent millions building a statue and a shrine to Fedor's greatness before asking him to fight. Notice that Fedor only fights "for his country and people" when he is being asked to face the best in the UFC. Phone Post
10/18/13 1:48 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would STILL love for this to happen.  I know Fedor says he's done, but one can still dream

10/18/13 1:49 PM
Tilla

Rambo John J - 
Tilla - 

This.

Fedor didn't want to fight for a company with fake ass tough guy who never fought, as their number #1 star.

DFW probably asked Fedor "Do you want to be a f____ Fighter?"

Dana is just an insecure little prick, who talks big to mask his lack of self confidence.

I agree.

He is transparent and has a potty mouth.

Fedor seen him for what he was as soon as he met him.

If Dana thinks he's so overrated, why offer him this mind-blowing contract? Dana's ego is too big to allow him to say 'You know what? Fedor is the man'.
10/18/13 1:50 PM
I submit cats

Tilla - 

This.

Not this, are you guys forgetting Fedor's management wanting to CO-Promote? Thats the ONLY thing that stopped it from happening. I hope I don't get voted down for this but come on, quit making Dana out to be the devil, we all know that's Frank Mir. It's not that Dana's ego was too big, he just wasn't going to co-promote with M1, and why the fuck should he of?
10/18/13 1:52 PM
eXtv
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You're one punch away from being worth f-king zero."

Wow. Dana actually said this to Fedor's face? For real? And he wonders whey negotiations went awry?
10/18/13 1:53 PM
Stephen Holder

I'm taking Dana's admission now that Fedor may have been the best fighter as a last jab at Fedor/M1. Some are saying 'oh wow thats huge for Dana to finally admit that.' No it isnt, its just putting salt on their wounds lol.
10/18/13 2:02 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajjr0ller -
Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
10/18/13 2:08 PM
disbeliever
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -  That's the nicest thing Dana has ever said about Fedor. Phone Post

This
10/18/13 2:09 PM
cool hand Ed
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I submit cats - 
Tilla - 

This.

Not this, are you guys forgetting Fedor's management wanting to CO-Promote? Thats the ONLY thing that stopped it from happening. I hope I don't get voted down for this but come on, quit making Dana out to be the devil, we all know that's Frank Mir. It's not that Dana's ego was too big, he just wasn't going to co-promote with M1, and why the fuck should he of?

This, I gave you a VU dude. but you will get voted down for that little piece of truth, cats.
10/18/13 2:19 PM
ajjr0ller

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
ajjr0ller -
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
Are you trying to dispute that an out-of- his prime ex-UFC light heavyweight KO'd Fedor in one round? Phone Post
10/18/13 2:21 PM
JimmersonzGlove
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would've been awesome.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.