UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I wanted Fedor so f@$%ing bad

10/18/13 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cool hand Ed
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I submit cats - 
Tilla - 
Fox censored my Chael screen name - 

Dana White to the greatest fighter of all time, hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time-

"You should sign with my promotion because you are only 1 punch away from being worth nothing"

Yeah, that was a very stupid thing to say at the negotiating table.  Dana has shown he can hold himself accountable, unfortunately either his ego is too big, or he fears the downfall would be too much if he admitted he shouldn't have been so brash when dealing with Fedor.

This.

Not this, are you guys forgetting Fedor's management wanting to CO-Promote? Thats the ONLY thing that stopped it from happening. I hope I don't get voted down for this but come on, quit making Dana out to be the devil, we all know that's Frank Mir. It's not that Dana's ego was too big, he just wasn't going to co-promote with M1, and why the fuck should he of?

This, I gave you a VU dude. but you will get voted down for that little piece of truth, cats.
10/18/13 2:19 PM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
ajjr0ller -
kinson - Didn't Hendo beat fedor? Just saying. Phone Post
Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
Are you trying to dispute that an out-of- his prime ex-UFC light heavyweight KO'd Fedor in one round? Phone Post
10/18/13 2:21 PM
JimmersonzGlove
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would've been awesome.

10/18/13 2:22 PM
eXtv
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/18/13 2:21 PM
Hendo at the tail end of his career, wow he lost to Hendo one of the best of all time and with wins over other Heavyweights like Yvel and Minotauro.

What's his record then, 32.... - 4???? Oh my god 4 losses out of 36 fights what an overrated can crusher.
10/18/13 2:23 PM
Submissable
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
Mix6APlix -  Lol. Only reason Dana wanted Fedor was to give him the worst match ups possible to claim brand superiority. Phone Post

Same as he did to Lombard lol. 

I hate this excuse. If you want to be the best and you want to go down as GOAT, fight everyone. Not just the favorable matchups. What happen to old school fighters who wanted to find out if they were the baddest? 

"They just wanted to give Fedor the worst matchups possible"

Isnt that exactly what Fedor built his legacy on? Fighting guys who excelled at a certain aspect of the game that we all believed Fedor might be able to compete with? i.e Nog=Submission and ground game, Cro Cop=striking, Randleman=wrestling.....of course going undefeated for so long also added to his legacy and mystique.

We have Floyd in boxing admitting his management picks his opponents wisely. When are we going to get a throw back warrior that takes on all comers and doesnt shuck and jive around tough challenges? Aldo at least seems to be showing this kind of attitude and its refreshing. But maybe that wasnt what Fedor cared about (being considered the GOAT) but he did seem to portray a "take on all comers" attitude until M-1 seemed to circumvent that with putting the business side of it first. 

My 0.02

10/18/13 2:27 PM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoulda f&%$*@% got him.
Strikeforce did it, then you had to buy them.

? Phone Post
10/18/13 2:27 PM
Mix6APlix

Id love to see a rematch without a gift stoppage. Fedor batters Hendo 4 out of 5. Phone Post
10/18/13 2:29 PM
UncleChael

Bottom line here is Fedor is a great fighter who never fought in the UFC. But, the UFC was and is continuing to become the premier MMA organization in a global industry. You ask me, Fedor was the one who lost here. Now, if he is comfortable with that, that's fine. But to me, the asterisk is next to his name, not the UFC's.
10/18/13 2:35 PM
JetSetter

Rambo John J -
Tilla - 

Dana White to the greatest fighter of all time, hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time-

"You should sign with my promotion because you are only 1 punch away from being worth nothing"

Yeah, that was a very stupid thing to say at the negotiating table.  Dana has shown he can hold himself accountable, unfortunately either his ego is too big, or he fears the downfall would be too much if he admitted he shouldn't have been so brash when dealing with Fedor.

This.

Fedor didn't want to fight for a company with fake ass tough guy who never fought, as their number #1 star.

DFW probably asked Fedor "Do you want to be a f____ Fighter?"

Dana is just an insecure little prick, who talks big to mask his lack of self confidence.

You sir are a goof! Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 2:37 PM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -

^THANK YOU!!!!

WTF is wrong with people talking about Hendo like he is some second rate fighter.  

Hendo is one of the best ever...at middleweight and light heavyweight. We were pointing out that Fedor lost to a guy who belonged two divisions below. Does Hendo beat JDS or Cain? Heck no! Then why do people still try to say Fedor could wreck the UFC heavyweight division? Phone Post
10/18/13 2:39 PM
MrHughes1991
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Id love to see a rematch without a gift stoppage. Fedor batters Hendo 4 out of 5. Phone Post
Oh my god not this shit. Fedor was sleeping and Hendo woke him up with another punch. He rolled over and was looking around like he was in la la land. He got beat get the fuck over it.

Now then, Fedor may be the best ever but like Dana idk. Yeah he beat Cro cop and noguiera but so did Frank Mir. We'll never know if he was. It's all open for your opinion and if your opinion is that he's the GOAT I respect that and it's fine. But stop trying to force your opinion on everyone else and stop making excuses like 'it was a bad stoppage' or 'if Bigfoot wasn't so fucking big' it makes you look dumb Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 2:42 PM
SteelyRes211
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's not even that I regret it. Dude, when I tell you that we did everything... someday I'll tell you the story of how much we offered that f---er, too. People will f---ng s---. It made no sense. It's one of those type of deals."

He always says this, why not just release the info? Then he wouldn't have to deal with the questions that he's still getting about not being able to sign Fedor.
10/18/13 2:43 PM
eXtv
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajjr0ller - 
Pitbull3744 -

^THANK YOU!!!!

WTF is wrong with people talking about Hendo like he is some second rate fighter.  

Hendo is one of the best ever...at middleweight and light heavyweight. We were pointing out that Fedor lost to a guy who belonged two divisions below. Does Hendo beat JDS or Cain? Heck no! Then why do people still try to say Fedor could wreck the UFC heavyweight division? Phone Post

That's MMAthe you're using there man and besides like I said Hendo has wins over the 2nd greatest Heavyweight to ever do it and Yvel who's a solid competitor. He wasn't a rookie by any means when it comes to slugging it out with the big boys.
10/18/13 2:46 PM
MrHughes1991
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrHughes1991 -
Mix6APlix - Id love to see a rematch without a gift stoppage. Fedor batters Hendo 4 out of 5. Phone Post
Oh my god not this shit. Fedor was sleeping and Hendo woke him up with another punch. He rolled over and was looking around like he was in la la land. He got beat get the fuck over it.

Now then, Fedor may be the best ever but like Dana idk. Yeah he beat Cro cop and noguiera but so did Frank Mir. We'll never know if he was. It's all open for your opinion and if your opinion is that he's the GOAT I respect that and it's fine. But stop trying to force your opinion on everyone else and stop making excuses like 'it was a bad stoppage' or 'if Bigfoot wasn't so fucking big' it makes you look dumb Phone Post 3.0
And if I recall that fight correctly Hendo was winning the standup (big left hook right off the bat) and winning in the clinch right up until Fedor landed that looping combo that stunned him a bit. So saying Fedor smashes Hendo 4 out of 5 times is kinda stupid Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 2:50 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/18/13 2:50 PM
Dana spouts a lot of BS a lot of time, and is the definition of a "revisionist", but I'm sure he's right on this one. Whether he wanted Fedor to prove he wasn't that great and how "UFC fighters" are better, or he wanted the best in his roster, I don't know. But I'm sure he really did offer a LOT to Fedor. His managers were just too greedy. Not for more money, but M1 related stuff.
10/18/13 2:59 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

UncleChael - Bottom line here is Fedor is a great fighter who never fought in the UFC. But, the UFC was and is continuing to become the premier MMA organization in a global industry. You ask me, Fedor was the one who lost here. Now, if he is comfortable with that, that's fine. But to me, the asterisk is next to his name, not the UFC's.

Lmao at an asterisk next to Fedor's name.

Are you putting it there?

Out of curiosity, at the bottom when the astericks is explained, what will it say exactly?

That Fedor had one of if not the best streak ever, clearly the best streak at hw, beating 5 former UFC Hw Champions, not losing for over a decade, competing in the premier fighting organization in the world at the time, *but the last 2 years of his fighting career, he didn't fight in the promotion that took over the #1 spot long after Fedor had already cemented himself as the clear cut greatest hw of all time.

Lol at just how ridiculous some people are.

10/18/13 3:03 PM
notsobigmike
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCulo - You can look at this two ways. Fedor made the biggest mistake by not signing to ufc and signing to strike force. Fedor is my favorite fighter, but he got exposed. Fedor however is not fighting for respect, he is fighting for Russia and his people. That's why he wanted that stadium, that's why he wanted all these crazy things. He is only fighting for his country and he is fighting for what he believes in. And that to me is the definition of a true warrior. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but he didn't ultimately get those other things, either.

So, I would have rather seen him in the UFC and becoming a potential star, which probably would have been the best thing M1 could have hoped for anyway.
10/18/13 3:06 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

-Also, Dan Henderson has never been knocked out, he has fought in 3 different weight classes, he became the first and thus far ONLY fighter to hold major belts in 2 weight classes at the same time, AND has wins over the #1 and #2 best heavyweights of all time.

-Dan Henderson didn't have a win at middleweight for over 2 years before he fought Fedor.

-Dan Henderson had 2 successful fights at LHW finishing both opponents and becoming a lhw champion in the process, just before his fight with Fedor.

Lets not throw mud on the great name of Dan Henderson who he himself has a good argument for Goat status.

Beating Dan Henderson is arguably the biggest win for Anderson Silva, and that is for a legit reason. #1, it was an absolutely great performance from Anderson that night, #2, it was against a very legit opponent.

10/18/13 3:17 PM
PoRrIDgE FC

ajjr0ller - 
PoRrIDgE FC - "I have very little respect for your fighting ability or your achievements, and pretty soon you'll be worthless, but I'm prepared to throw you a bone anyway. So if you'll just sign here and here."
Guess they should have spent millions building a statue and a shrine to Fedor's greatness before asking him to fight. Notice that Fedor only fights "for his country and people" when he is being asked to face the best in the UFC. Phone Post

No that would be overkill. Refraining from insulting the guy at every opportunity would have been an idea though.
10/18/13 3:19 PM
Senester
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajjr0ller -
Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
Umm... Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 3:22 PM
UncleChael

UncleChael - Bottom line here is Fedor is a great fighter who never fought in the UFC. But, the UFC was and is continuing to become the premier MMA organization in a global industry. You ask me, Fedor was the one who lost here. Now, if he is comfortable with that, that's fine. But to me, the asterisk is next to his name, not the UFC's.

Lmao at an asterisk next to Fedor's name.

Are you putting it there?

Out of curiosity, at the bottom when the astericks is explained, what will it say exactly?

That Fedor had one of if not the best streak ever, clearly the best streak at hw, beating 5 former UFC Hw Champions, not losing for over a decade, competing in the premier fighting organization in the world at the time, *but the last 2 years of his fighting career, he didn't fight in the promotion that took over the #1 spot long after Fedor had already cemented himself as the clear cut greatest hw of all time.

Lol at just how ridiculous some people are.

Fedor Emelianenko*

* The poor chap never fought on the big stage in America.
10/18/13 3:27 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh really? When Fedor was ruling Pride, Pride was by far the #1 organization for HWs, and for LHWs too though not as much. Now it's the UFC, and has been so for years, no doubt. Though even when Pride went under, a lot of great HWs were fighting elsewhere for a couple of years. These days, all the best are in the UFC.

So I agree Fedor missed out by not coming to the UFC, but LOL @ an asterix next to his name!!!
10/18/13 3:34 PM
mrwhipple
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From John Nash at Bloody Elbow:

Yes his win streak has a lot of weak opposition in it but at the same time, during his 28 fight, 9.5 year streak, he also beat 10 top 10 ranked HWs, and a couple of respected LHWs like Randleman and Babalu. As for the type of opposition he faced in Pride, it’s worth noting that Hunt, Werdum, Overeem, Barnett, and Big Nog are all still relevant in the UFC while the only UFC contempary of theirs we can say the same about is Frank Mir.

Now lets see how his record stacks up to Dos Santos and Cain:

Both of them have been fighting 7 years and both have 5 wins over top 10 HWs. Cain is 12-1 while JDS is 16-2. At the same 7 year mark in his career, Fedor was 28-1 (& 1 NC) with 7 wins over top 10 HWs and 1 over a top 10 LHW. So, yes he fought a lot of “gimmes” in his career, but also just fought a lot more.
10/18/13 3:38 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where does White get that Fedor and co. are losing sleep over this?

Fedor simply answered why he never signed with the UFC. According to him, it was because of Dana's insults and attitude but I didn't read anything that would suggest he regrets his decision. If anything, Dana sounds annoyed and regretful of how it went down. Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 3:43 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajjr0ller -
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
ajjr0ller -
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
Are you trying to dispute that an out-of- his prime ex-UFC light heavyweight KO'd Fedor in one round? Phone Post
I don't see any evidence to suggest Hendo being out of his prime during the Fedor fight, Hendo knocked out two high level LHWs and then knocked out the GOAT.

I didn't know that counted as "out of his prime". Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.