UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I wanted Fedor so f@$%ing bad

10/18/13 3:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SilverSpoon1996
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo is like as old as the pyramids, and Fedor had almost 40 professional fights and years of Sambo. Young Fedor and Young Hendo are up would probably run through 98% of the heavy weights today.
10/18/13 3:48 PM
hackett
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - I'm taking Dana's admission now that Fedor may have been the best fighter as a last jab at Fedor/M1. Some are saying 'oh wow thats huge for Dana to finally admit that.' No it isnt, its just putting salt on their wounds lol.

That's pretty much what I'm getting out of this too.

After the fall of PRIDE Fedor never seemed as motivated -- I think the opportunity to co-promote with M1 and bring more attention to Russia was a much bigger deal to him than people think.

It's funny how soon people forget... Fedor never called himself the best and always said he was fighting for his country.

Yet, after the fact he's being compared to Floyd Mayweather Jr.  What the hell, people.

TH

10/18/13 3:50 PM
Vote me down

Fedor's personality is what did him in. Gave his handlers to much power to decide his fate. Really the dude seemed like he never made a decision. I blame his management, at least white attempted to make it happen. I don't blame Dana at all.
10/18/13 3:52 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

Edited: 10/18/13 3:54 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 
ajjr0ller -
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
ajjr0ller -
kinson - Didn't Hendo beat fedor? Just saying. Phone Post
Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
Are you trying to dispute that an out-of- his prime ex-UFC light heavyweight KO'd Fedor in one round? Phone Post
I don't see any evidence to suggest Hendo being out of his prime during the Fedor fight, Hendo knocked out two high level LHWs and then knocked out the GOAT.

I didn't know that counted as "out of his prime". Phone Post

In Dan's illustrious career, Dan Henderson has had a win streak of 4, on 3 different occassions.

One of these 4 win streaks, Dan Henderson beat Fedor. 

By all means, tell us the 4 fight win streak that Dan had that was equal to or better than the win streak Dan Henderson had which included Fedor.

Here is what you will do, you will look it up to see what I am talking about. You will briefly review it. You will realize just how full of shit you are, and you will either A-not reply to this ownage, or B-reply by deflecting your argument onto another angle, which may or may not be as weak as the current one.

10/18/13 3:53 PM
UncleChael

Fox censored my Chael screen name - 
UncleChael - 
UncleChael - Bottom line here is Fedor is a great fighter who never fought in the UFC. But, the UFC was and is continuing to become the premier MMA organization in a global industry. You ask me, Fedor was the one who lost here. Now, if he is comfortable with that, that's fine. But to me, the asterisk is next to his name, not the UFC's.

Lmao at an asterisk next to Fedor's name.

Are you putting it there?

Out of curiosity, at the bottom when the astericks is explained, what will it say exactly?

That Fedor had one of if not the best streak ever, clearly the best streak at hw, beating 5 former UFC Hw Champions, not losing for over a decade, competing in the premier fighting organization in the world at the time, *but the last 2 years of his fighting career, he didn't fight in the promotion that took over the #1 spot long after Fedor had already cemented himself as the clear cut greatest hw of all time.

Lol at just how ridiculous some people are.

Fedor Emelianenko*

* The poor chap never fought on the big stage in America.

2006 Fedor was HW Champion of the #1 fighting promotion in the world, and he(Fedor) fought and won and finished a former UFC HW Champion......right here in the good ole U-S-A. Las Vegas Nevada, fighting capitol of the world.

To further put things into perspective, 2006 UFC set a company record of over *14 thousand in attendance when Matt Hughes fought Royce Gracie at the Staples Center in Los Angelos California.

2002 Four years prior, Pride FC was filling Tokyo Olympic Stadium with over **91 thousand in attendance.

*Big show for the 2nd biggest mma promotion

**Big show for the largest mma promotion

(I just wanted to insert those astericks in this amuzing conversation)

Fedor Emelianenko**

** Casual MMA fans of today have never heard of the poor chap.

*** Most female casual fans of today have never heard of the poor chap.
10/18/13 3:56 PM

So now we're talking about name recognition?

In that case you must hold Wanderlei Silva and Brock Lesnar high above Fedor.

10/18/13 4:04 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox censored my Chael screen name -
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - 
ajjr0ller -
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
ajjr0ller -
Yup, not only was Fedor not the greatest heavyweight ever. He wasn't even one of the best light heavyweights of the night. Phone Post
You two should try harder. Or go away. Phone Post
Are you trying to dispute that an out-of- his prime ex-UFC light heavyweight KO'd Fedor in one round? Phone Post
I don't see any evidence to suggest Hendo being out of his prime during the Fedor fight, Hendo knocked out two high level LHWs and then knocked out the GOAT.

I didn't know that counted as "out of his prime". Phone Post

In Dan's illustrious career, Dan Henderson has had a win streak of 4, on 3 different occassions.

One of these 4 win streaks, Dan Henderson beat Fedor. 

By all means, tell us the 4 fight win streak that Dan had that was equal to or better than the win streak Dan Henderson had which included Fedor.

Here is what you will do, you will look it up to see what I am talking about. You will briefly review it. You will realize just how full of shit you are, and you will either A-not reply to this ownage, or B-reply by deflecting your argument onto another angle, which may or may not be as weak as the current one.

No one has a better streak than Fedor, and I never said Dan did, so whatever you're saying doesn't really make any sense.
In fact, you didn't even address anything that I said. I'm actually really confused as to why you even replied to me Phone Post
10/18/13 4:07 PM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Id love to see a rematch without a gift stoppage. Fedor batters Hendo 4 out of 5. Phone Post
Fedor would've been seriously hurt if that fight wasn't stopped.Do you hate the guy? Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 4:08 PM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Senester -
ajjr0ller -
Umm... Phone Post 3.0
Let me tell you how you're feeling right now Phone Post
10/18/13 4:20 PM

unimpressive stockton slap-sorry i wasn't replying to you but more adding to you. we both are in agreement but if you read the guy whom you were replying to, and then read my post as a reply to his, it makes more sense.

10/18/13 4:23 PM
FanToFighter
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With 69 replies this looks like an interesting title... Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 4:26 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox censored my Chael screen name -

unimpressive stockton slap-sorry i wasn't replying to you but more adding to you. we both are in agreement but if you read the guy whom you were replying to, and then read my post as a reply to his, it makes more sense.

OOOOHHHHH, I'm sorry! Haha, makes much more sense now. My bad, brotha! Phone Post
10/18/13 4:48 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Pitbull3744 - 
kevsh - May have been the best deal Dana never made.

I doubt Fedor/Brock would've been nearly as huge as the UFC believes, at least not unless Fedor came into the UFC and smashed a few guys first.

And from the sounds of it Dana was offering millions to a guy that was about to lose 3 in a row and had trouble early with Arlovski and Rogers. If he came in and either Brock beat him or another Gonzaga-Cro Cop happens, what then?

Had trouble with Arlovski and rogers for what 1-3 minutes?  Anderson had trouble with Chael for 5 rounds and Dana insists he is the Goat. 

Fedor woudlve smashed Brock and would still smash most of the HWs today.  

How do you compare Andy/Sonnen to Fedor vs Rogers/Arlovski and have it make sense in your head? They are completely different. Andy struggled against Chael at both his weakest area and Chael's strongest. Fedor on the other hand struggled in one of his best areas against both Arlovski and Rogers. There is no way Fedor "smashes" Brock and there is damn sure no way Fedor "smashes" anybody in the top 10. in the UFC. He would even struggle against 205'er in the UFC's top 10. Heck fighters at 185 like Weidman, Anderson, Belfort and now Machida would give him trouble, big trouble.

10/18/13 4:53 PM

Just imagine if Fedor was signed and UFC Hype Machine was to promote Fedor!!!

Fedor + UFC Hype Machine=Biggest marketed fight ever

10/18/13 4:55 PM
kingkoopa

I usually very harsh in my opinions of Dana and the zuffa brass.

However from eveything that has ever been reported on this situation I'm lead to believe UFC really did try to do everything reasonable to get Fedor in UFC. Imo Fedors management ruined what could have been the biggest fight in MMA if all time Phone Post
10/18/13 4:58 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL

Reporter, "So champ, why'd you never fight in the UFC"

Fedor, "hmm thinking back it really seemed like the promoter didn't like me, he certainly said a lot of nasty shit about me... next question?"

Reporter, "So Dana, Fedor said he thinks you didn't like him"

Dana, "That motherfucker, I told him, you better take whatever I offer you because you're one punch away from being worthless"

10/18/13 4:59 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Rambo John J - 
Tilla - 

Dana White to the greatest fighter of all time, hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time-

"You should sign with my promotion because you are only 1 punch away from being worth nothing"

Yeah, that was a very stupid thing to say at the negotiating table.  Dana has shown he can hold himself accountable, unfortunately either his ego is too big, or he fears the downfall would be too much if he admitted he shouldn't have been so brash when dealing with Fedor.

This.

Fedor didn't want to fight for a company with fake ass tough guy who never fought, as their number #1 star.

DFW probably asked Fedor "Do you want to be a f____ Fighter?"

Dana is just an insecure little prick, who talks big to mask his lack of self confidence.

Fedor couldnt even manage to get past fighters in a B level organization, what makes him think he could win in the UFC? After Hendo K.O'ed him he probably realized it was time to retire, which it was. Hendo has a frame fitted for 185, fights at 205 being a little undersized, but not too bad, goes up to heavyweight and knocks out the "GOAT" in devastating fashing. I mean Hendo went out, ragdolled him and put him to sleep. Imaging what Cain, JDS or even Jones would do to Fedor? It wouldnt be pretty. When Brock was healthy and an animal in the begginning of his short ufc career he would have destroyed Fedor too.

Thats why Fedor didnt sign with the UFC. He had this big label as being considered the greatest of all time and had he fought in the UFC ppl would have realized that he was not in fact the GOAT. Had he known he could go into the UFC and win he would have.

10/18/13 5:03 PM
kingkoopa

IhaveDSL'SforPettis -
Pitbull3744 - 
kevsh - May have been the best deal Dana never made.

I doubt Fedor/Brock would've been nearly as huge as the UFC believes, at least not unless Fedor came into the UFC and smashed a few guys first.

And from the sounds of it Dana was offering millions to a guy that was about to lose 3 in a row and had trouble early with Arlovski and Rogers. If he came in and either Brock beat him or another Gonzaga-Cro Cop happens, what then?

Had trouble with Arlovski and rogers for what 1-3 minutes?  Anderson had trouble with Chael for 5 rounds and Dana insists he is the Goat. 

Fedor woudlve smashed Brock and would still smash most of the HWs today.  

How do you compare Andy/Sonnen to Fedor vs Rogers/Arlovski and have it make sense in your head? They are completely different. Andy struggled against Chael at both his weakest area and Chael's strongest. Fedor on the other hand struggled in one of his best areas against both Arlovski and Rogers. There is no way Fedor "smashes" Brock and there is damn sure no way Fedor "smashes" anybody in the top 10. in the UFC. He would even struggle against 205'er in the UFC's top 10. Heck fighters at 185 like Weidman, Anderson, Belfort and now Machida would give him trouble, big trouble.

Lmfao youre delusional.

I gave alot of shit to the fedor fans when they claimed he was the greatest while fedor was facing sub par comp.

That being said when you look at skill set, physical attributes and strengths its laughable that anyone would think that brock would give fedor trouble.

Fedor was fast and fluid bith in the ground and on the feet. He hit like a truck and was strong as fuck. Brock was slow lumbering yet strong and powerful.

Fedor was one of the best all time hw strikers. Brocks striking wasnt even amateur

Fedor could grapple in the clinch, from bottom from top and was one of the best all time gnp. Brock was like no other once in top and had crazy gnp.

Fedor had a great chin and great heart. Brock wilted immediately upon getting hit.

Fedor would most likely do to Brock what cain did

Right now fedors toughest opponents would b. Big foot, werdum, cain, jds, cormier and Barnett

Imo all those are toss ups

Ps
Randy was a poor mans fedor so no way randy wins. Phone Post
10/18/13 5:08 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK the problem with these arguments is you kids completely lack perspective.

It's like saying Jack Johnson couldn't have been any good because he never fought for Don King and all the greatest champs fought for Don King.

Does that sound stupid? It should. Yet that's the argument you kids are making, "he couldn't have been any good because he never fought for Dana Fucking White".

Horse. Shit.

When Fedor was at the top of his game the absolute BEST the UFC could produce was Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Frank Mir. And Dana and his sycophants back then were claiming that Fedor was afraid of Tim Sylvia.

How about this: don't be a fucking mark. The guy was a great fighter and his run was legendary. I feel sorry for you guys that missed it, it was fucking epic.

But if you're just going to repeat Dana's PR just understand that it makes you sound foolish. Fighting is a hard way to make a living and fighters get old. If they're really really good, like Fedor, they get rich along the way. Like Fedor.

It's hard to stay motivated to train your ass off to fight your ass off for money, when you're already rich. And what motivation would there be, if you were a rich fighter at the tail end of your career, to fight for a guy who's done nothing for the past 10 years but talk nasty shit about you?

The funniest part is you kids trying to pretend that none of it mattered because he never fought in the UFC. The UFC was the second tier for HW talent during Fedor's run. The guy signed with Scott Coker after making (literally) millions in affliction because Coker wasn't a dick.

Really if you can't understand this, there's no hope for you.
10/18/13 5:13 PM
MuchRespec'

But one more hearty LOL @, "I wanted Fedor so bad I insulted him at the negotiations" and "maybe some day we'll go public with what we offered him*"

*has no intentions of ever going public with that offer because it would contradict all the misinformation circulated at the time.

It still shocks me that people believe the word of a promoter, a proven liar, over the word of an honorable sportsman who only ever fought his ass off for our entertainment.
10/18/13 5:17 PM
clown makeup

According to a number of people back then Fedor was particularly put off by the incredibly limp wristed hand-shake Dana offered and the fact that he sat as far awa from Fedor as possible and said the least the entire time.

10/18/13 5:21 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

Mix6APlix - Id love to see a rematch without a gift stoppage. Fedor batters Hendo 4 out of 5. Phone Post
How the fuck us fedor being face down ass up , our cold, a gift stoppage? Phone Post 3.0
10/18/13 5:29 PM

MuchRespec' - OK the problem with these arguments is you kids completely lack perspective.

It's like saying Jack Johnson couldn't have been any good because he never fought for Don King and all the greatest champs fought for Don King.

Does that sound stupid? It should. Yet that's the argument you kids are making, "he couldn't have been any good because he never fought for Dana Fucking White".

Horse. Shit.

When Fedor was at the top of his game the absolute BEST the UFC could produce was Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Frank Mir. And Dana and his sycophants back then were claiming that Fedor was afraid of Tim Sylvia.

How about this: don't be a fucking mark. The guy was a great fighter and his run was legendary. I feel sorry for you guys that missed it, it was fucking epic.

But if you're just going to repeat Dana's PR just understand that it makes you sound foolish. Fighting is a hard way to make a living and fighters get old. If they're really really good, like Fedor, they get rich along the way. Like Fedor.

It's hard to stay motivated to train your ass off to fight your ass off for money, when you're already rich. And what motivation would there be, if you were a rich fighter at the tail end of your career, to fight for a guy who's done nothing for the past 10 years but talk nasty shit about you?

The funniest part is you kids trying to pretend that none of it mattered because he never fought in the UFC. The UFC was the second tier for HW talent during Fedor's run. The guy signed with Scott Coker after making (literally) millions in affliction because Coker wasn't a dick.

Really if you can't understand this, there's no hope for you.

You sir, have an appropriate screen name.

On that note, here is Fedor when he was 3yrs old

10/18/13 5:31 PM
MuchRespec'

Holy shit is that real? That's kids seoi nage is fuggin legit!
10/18/13 5:33 PM
MuchRespec'

I guess it's more of a soto makkikomi but whatever, that kid hits the turn with authority.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.