UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Betting tomorrow, dumb parlay?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/20/13 10:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/20/13 10:16 AM
I forgot Frankie. Not to mention a few of the featherweights who would beat him if they moved up. Jose would massacre him, first round.
10/20/13 10:35 AM
AlbertEinstein

Nothing wrong with a good parlay. I almost hit a big one last night at 23:1.

Cain
DC
Gil
Jordan. ?? (damn you gonzaga!)
Boetsch
Noons
Amagov
Lombard
Dodson

Yes I lost that bet but I didn't risk much. I also had a bunch of smaller parlays that mostly did hit and ended up doubling my bankroll. Nothing at all wrong with using parlays unless you do it in a dumb way. It definitely takes a little more thought and planning to not have all your money disappear on one fight but if you do it right it's sound. Higher risk. Higher reward. Phone Post
10/20/13 10:37 AM
AlbertEinstein

stonepony - Have to keep in mind how good the LW division is. Saying he's overrated when people call him the best LW, isn't the same as saying he's not a monster. He's just not a top contender. He gets graded on a curve because people like to romanticize fighters who make their name outside the UFC. They're always the best, until they show up.

IMO Cerrone beats him. Gray. Ben and Anthony. Miller? Grant... Nate... I think they beat him more often than not.

Even though he is a monster.
Are you talking about Melendez? If so you don't have a clue. Lol @ cowboy beating him. Yeah right. Phone Post
10/20/13 10:41 AM
AlbertEinstein

In fact I would say parlays are almost necessary to bet on big favorites. I never place a bet at -600. The payoff is just too poor, but most of the time those guys win so it's a lost opportunity. Now throw 3 or 4 heavy favorites like that together and your getting close to even money on a bet that has a very good chance of winning. I do this all the time. Phone Post
10/20/13 10:46 AM
Tweener

Parlays are always stupid - bet individual fights. At least you can win even if one person loses.
10/20/13 11:04 AM
AlbertEinstein

A parlay is exactly the same as betting a fight and then taking the payout and pushing it all towards the next fight. The odds are exactly the same. Anyone that says that is always stupid is a moron. Phone Post
10/21/13 11:28 AM
ApolloRD
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlbertEinstein - A parlay is exactly the same as betting a fight and then taking the payout and pushing it all towards the next fight. The odds are exactly the same. Anyone that says that is always stupid is a moron. Phone Post
Doesn't take Einstein up figure that out.. Phone Post
10/26/13 10:53 PM
BrckNoHitBk
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlbertEinstein -  A parlay is exactly the same as betting a fight and then taking the payout and pushing it all towards the next fight. The odds are exactly the same. Anyone that says that is always stupid is a moron. Phone Post

Yes but anyone who bets like that is a even bigger stupid moron.
10/27/13 12:40 AM
AlbertEinstein

Interesting thread revival but I'm quite clearly outmatched intellectually. You win. Parlays are always the dumbest possible bet. There is never ever a good reason to use one. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.