UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Cain fight should be a dq

10/20/13 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jamesv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whew I felt like arnold Schwarzenegger in yhe shitty batman movie......
I guess the ug can't take a joke Phone Post
10/20/13 12:11 PM
illini89i
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado -
illini89i - 
Synado - That was a spike but it was not intentional. Cain was doing an escape and Dos Santos did not let go.
No, it was not a spike. Ever been in a rules meeting? It gets clearly explained and defined what a spike is. That sir, was not a spike. Not even close. Sorry, if I sound douchey, don't mean to. Phone Post 3.0

You can say what you want, but the way he landed was the intent of the rule.
No sir, it wasn't. The intent of the rule is to protect they spine and neck, when the fighter does not have control of his own body (his opponent is in control of his body). JDS, came face forward to the mat. I am and ABC, and COMMAND certified ref, and have been through this discussion a million times and have been fortunate enough to talk to the most knowledgeable refs in the business. And all same the same thing. Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 1:26 PM
kingwank

Tenor tenning. Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 1:26 PM
BuddyRevell
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - 
illini89i - 
Synado - That was a spike but it was not intentional. Cain was doing an escape and Dos Santos did not let go.
No, it was not a spike. Ever been in a rules meeting? It gets clearly explained and defined what a spike is. That sir, was not a spike. Not even close. Sorry, if I sound douchey, don't mean to. Phone Post 3.0

You can say what you want, but the way he landed was the intent of the rule.

LOL try reading the actual rule and then realize that you are wrong, Synado.

10/20/13 2:31 PM
Trueman range
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funwithbakedgoods - you should be dq'ed from speaking
This Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 2:35 PM
Synado
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/20/13 2:36 PM
"protect they spine and neck"

>Which didn't happened.

"his opponent is in control of his body"

Which is why it wasn't intentional. He wasn't in control he was trying to escape. But JDS still got spiked in a DDT like fashion which is about the same as getting pile driving, spine got compressed.
10/20/13 2:42 PM
BuddyRevell
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - "protect they spine and neck"

>Which didn't happened.

Which is why it wasn't intentional. He wasn't in control he was trying to escape. But JDS still got spiked in a DDT like fashion which is about the same as getting pile driving, spine got compressed.

Straight out of the rule book:

It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponents body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

10/21/13 12:35 AM
Synado
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell - 
Synado - "protect they spine and neck"

>Which didn't happened.

Straight out of the rule book:

It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponents body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

You do understand that we agree with each other. Cain didn't do anything wrong. I am just saying that JDS did get spiked on his head. Which is why I said it was not intentional. Not sure why people keep arguing with me. OP is the one who thinks he did it on purpose and should be DQed.
10/21/13 3:02 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Apparently somebody has no idea what the word "intentional" means. Phone Post
10/21/13 3:20 AM
tunaburn
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont care about the rules but it was most definitely not the way i saw the fight ending
10/21/13 2:43 PM
Sinful1
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funwithbakedgoods - you should be dq'ed from speaking

10/21/13 4:21 PM
jamesv

Ive posted twice in this thread Phone Post
10/21/13 4:31 PM
sacredhate
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a gif would settle this quickly.
10/21/13 6:07 PM
The Nastyness

Boooo this man...BOOOOOOO.

+ eat my f*ck
10/21/13 6:20 PM
56sav

It was an unfortunate end to the fight but it looked accidental.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.